Sticks and stones may break my iDL's bones...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZuZu

Reaction score
My iDL has been with me for five months and the scars it's starting to show off aren't pleaseing!

countless marks left on the screen, making rainbows pop out while the screen brightly shines, there's a scuff off the face plate and don't even get me started on the back cover. I'd like to make my iDL to look and feel better, I was hoping I could take apart my litttle egg and take out the data to put into a brand new iDL, I've got new protective ideas for it, (ie. cutting up a screen protector to fit iDL's screen, a new pouch that I will sew up, etc.) since I know how delicate it is I would like to have one more try with it. my dad will be doing these transferrs, he is an engineer so I think this is the best choice.( he deals with this all the time,

any other suggestions are welcome, I just don't wanna lose any of my eight generations of data! (not THAT much I know, but still...)

PS: one of the pixels is messed up too, it might be because it needs new batterys tho, do you think I can get just the info out? xp

There are a few iD L pouches on HLJ and E-Bay that will protect your iD/L. There's either TamaTomo girl pouches that come in Lavulitchi, Melodytchi or Moriritchi or a protective fabric inside and plastic outline that comes in 3 colors. Pink Purple and Orange (I guess?)

Well if you get a new shell and take out the circuit board and put it back in the shell, I guess that would solve your problem. When I was playing around with a Music Star and taking it apart, I came across the issue that you have to cut the wires for sound, meaning you would loose the ability for your tama to beep. I'm not sure how similar the circuitry for the iD L is to the Music Star, but I'm guessing they're relatively close. I'd say have your dad take a look at it and try not to do too many major renovations. I can't tell how serious its messed up 'cause I cant see it for myself, but my iD L has some scratches too, and I think they just show that I love my iD L :) Good luck trying to fix it! :)

(PS About your missing pixel, maybe try making sure that the screws on the back (like next to the batteries) are fully tightened, because my Music Star was missing some pixels due to the fact that one of the screws wasn't perfectly tight)

thanks MissViolet, cutting the wires for sound? that's fine with me, seeing as most of the time my tama is without the sound on, though I may miss the sound a little. I though cutting the wires on a Music star would be ironic. But I'll def, try to screw in the part around the batteries tighter to see if it works.

@ Oranda, My iDL is already messed up, but thanks for the thought, I already have a few.

Well if you have to cut the sound wires, I've heard of some people soldering them back to the shell where they belong. So you can see if that works.

hmmm.... I have an *extra* iDL that I can test on, it's pretty messed up, and it was my bros until he went: derp, you can have this now.

Me: *looks at iDL and dies* what did you do to this?!

Bro:well I dropped it a few times...

Me: *weakly* a-a "few" times?

so yeah, I'll test on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back