STOP THE CONFUSION X_x

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zet206

Reaction score
heres a history lesson:

in japanese, tamago means egg and chi means cute, so tamagotchi means cute egg

you pronounce like tama-goh-chee, NOT tama-gahtch-ee

as for the names of some of the tamas, the ending is just CHEE, not TEE-CHEE or TA-CHEE

take Patapatatchi : im 99.99% sure its pronounced PAT-AH-PAT-A-CHEE! please remember these tricks it pronounce the tama's name! its CHEE not TEECHEE or TACHEE remember its japanese!

*claps*

Thank you. Many of the people here are native to the English language, and have not yet studied a foreign language. While I knew all of the above infomation, I'm still appreciative of your sharing it with those who may not have known it. It is helpful.

i hpoe these help! im tired of people calling them (TAMA-GATCHEES) because it sounds.... well 0_o wrong o__________________0"

It really annoys me when people say Ta-ma-gU-chi. Some people just pronounce it that way but some say it because there is a rumor at my cuz's school that tama-go-chi means underwear. I totally think it is fake.

ta,

**Miss Priss** :ichigotchi:

Well some people have an accent and when they go to spell I word how it seems right to them its actually wrong to us. Its the same Tama got chi, ta ma got chee, whatever, its not there fault or ours. Oh and some people are really young and might not know how to pronouce something properly and then when they go to spell tamagotchi they forget and just spell it how it sounds.

I tend to be a little less anal retentive about it. "Baby, where's my blue one" or "My red Tam-ah is on his throne."

i no my dad calles them tamagoootchi's nd the american add on tv for the v3 says ta-ma-gat-chi

Last edited by a moderator:
*Pokes Signature*. I have a pronounciation guide in there that I found on a Japanese site. It might not be accurate, but it gives you a good idea.

*Oh and I pronounce it Tam-uh-gaw-chee or Taw-ma-gaw-chee.

`Jade

Last edited by a moderator:
heres a history lesson:in japanese, tamago means egg and chi means cute, so tamagotchi means cute egg

you pronounce like tama-goh-chee, NOT tama-gahtch-ee

as for the names of some of the tamas, the ending is just CHEE, not TEE-CHEE or TA-CHEE

take Patapatatchi : im 99.99% sure its pronounced PAT-AH-PAT-A-CHEE! please remember these tricks it pronounce the tama's name! its CHEE not TEECHEE or TACHEE remember its japanese!
technically it can be both. there is a character for t, a small tsu I believe. So t-chi...both ways make sense.

And. Tamagotchi is a pun (the japanese LOVE puns, and use them alot.) of the words tamago (egg) and tomodachi (friend). So it means egg friend.

And I thought chi meant blood...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back