Stop the madness!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I debug when I hate that Tamagotchi. I debugged my V4 because the game were getting kinda dumb.

I only debbuged once, and that is on V4 to get Shimashimatchi (his name is Matt).

It was hard to care for him. :)

So when he got married, I undebugged him.

His child is Rosie, a beautiful Memetchi because I stopped debugging her father.

I personaly love debugging but if i was you i would not debug because it ruins your tama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes if you debug i think you are a cheater because it is not ment to be done

but it is kinda fun!!!!!!!!! If you was going to debug i would recommend buying 2 tamagotchis one to play with and one to ruin :rolleyes:

Ya, i know this is about non-debugging and all.... but some ppl are curious to what it is.

So, anyway, it's kinda like a cheat to choose whatever character you want and put your tamagotchi into hyperspeed mode.

How to:

1. open up the battery cover

2. use a small screwdriver to unscrew the cover here

3. while holding the battery in place, look down and left from the battery to where it says DEBUG

4. rub the semicircles near this with a pencil lead

5. put it back together and have fun....or find out you just destroyed your tama. your choice

anyway, it is true that it can destroy your tama and i've heard it takes the fun out of your tama. i have never done this, and don't plan to, but it is your choice. if you want to take the risk, go for it!

I agree. I have a friend that debugged her tama and she clicked cancl tama became sick :angry: poor tamagotchi!!! ;) :angry:

It was a mimitchi :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree

i love tamas and i think that debugging them is like mistreating them.

thats just my opinion. :D :eek: :D :eek: :unsure: :D :eek:

~Kutekoolkoala

Debugging is up to the person who has done it... someone earlier said they had bought a cheap tama just to debug it, that's a good solution. But there are a ton of people who don't know what it is and can't work with electronics without breaking them. T__T I think if someone wants to debug, they should read up on how to do it first, or follow a tutorial.

I've debugged almost all of my tamas (I have at least 10) and undebugged them, I've NEVER had one of them break.

I think you just need to know what you're doing.

Although, I could just be lucky. :ph34r: Electronics like me. xD

but it's not really right to go around saying that someone shouldn't do something because there is a risk involved. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying go out and debug your tama, I'm just saying that it's the person's choice whether they should do it or not.)

Yeah, there is always a risk involved in Debugging. When you know how to do it, and do it right, it usually works. But if you don't and havn't tried it, I would be careful. But overall the decision to Debugg your tama is yours, people might influence that decision but overall it is yours.

Well currently, there is no known way to debug a music star.

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=156214 this topic has gone through different things and possibilities of it... but you need to know a bit of electronics to understand. :]

Only experiment on a tama if you are experienced/don't care what happens. I've had my music star for a while now and am bored of it, so I've decided I'll tear into it and figure out how to debug it! :lol:

Togetechi, where did you hear that people had debugged their music star?

I've debugged at least 3 or 4 of my tamagotchis and nothing bad has ever happened!

Its just a fun little experiment! Its fun to be able to mess with the time and be able to choose your character and raise 3 or 4 generations in one day! (Or like, 2 hours!)

And I think it's cool to see what the inside of your tamagotchi looks like.

I dont see anything wrong with debugging. It's your personal choice I guess.

Makiko500: I have no dang clue. :p

What I DO know is this: debugging, on V3s at least, is BAD. :eek: But it.... for some reason.... helps the battery last a little bit longer, I DO know that. XD :p

I debugged my sister's Tamagotchi V1 when the battery was dying, and it worked very well. :p Of course, it broke after a while. XD

And THEN, we debugged her V3. :angry: Needless to say, it DIDN'T work out very well. XD For SOME reason, we couldn't get the dang thing to come back together! :angry: We had to close the Tamagotchi with tape. :eek:

Yes; just offering my two cents on it. :p

I debugged And It Wurked! Here's How (i was on my v3.)

How do I debug?

Debugging is really dangerous to your Tamagotchi because it might ruin your Tamagotchi if done improperly, so DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.I really suggest that you don't do this but it is your choice if you do it. I just give information out to the people who want it.

Supplies needed: your Tamagotchi, a small screwdriver, and a regular pencil

First step: Turn your Tamagotchi over, to where the back of the Tamagotchi is facing you.Unscrew the lid , to where the battery is.

Second step: Take out the battery and unscrew the four screws with a screwdriver that is the right size.Open your Tamagotchi when all screws are taken out.DON'T LOSE THE SCREWS.

Third step: Once open, put the battery in to where it regularly stays and tape over it so the battery would stay on. NOTE: at the bottom left corner where the battery is, it says debug. Remember where it is.

Fourth step: Now take your pencil, and rub(or scratch) the circle under the word debug.GENTLY scratch it several times for about 8 times.

Fifth step: Turn your Tamagotchi back around and be sure the battery don't fall out. Press the reset button and reset your Tamagotchi, when it ask download or reset.If you debugged correctly, you should be able to go through the characters with the 'A' button.

Sixth step: Now screw your Tamagotchi back together with the battery in place.

Final step: Explore your debugged Tamagotchi!!!!

Note: If your Tamagotchi is still normal, just go back and rub, the place you rubbed before, again. When it is debugged and everything is in place, simply go through the characters with the 'A' button. And when you found the Tamagotchi you want to raise, press the 'B' button to choose it. In a debugged Tamagotchi, the 'C' button speeds your Tamagotchi up, but it will stop when your Tamagotchi uses the toilet and is hungry and ect... Once you dealed with its hunger or it is done with the toilet and so on, you can press the 'C' button again to make your Tamagotchi speed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have debugged, and you want to restore your tamagotchi, rub over that debugged part with an eraser. It worked for my brother. Don't start debugging! It's dangerous! you could make you tamagotchi go so fast, you cant care for it. :angry:

Hey, no worries! I just got excited. XD

But again, debugging is someone's own personal choice. You need a background in electronics to do it properly (and safely I guess!)

https://www.pixelmood.com/tamagotchi_connection_debugging.htm This link is a tutorial WITH PICTURES on how to debug. It works on every tama up to a v4.5 and if you follow it closely you should be safe. This is the one I've used and like I said before, I've never had a tama break on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back