Story contest

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonFire411

Reaction score
Each time, I'll pick a category for people to write about. Currenly, I don't know what to do for a prize; I might not have one. Post any suggestions you have for prizes.

RULES

Stories must be original.

Each story must be at least 500 words, but not more than 1200.

Only one story per person for each category.

After a couple entrees come in, I'll pick the winner.

The first contest's category is: disappoinment.

Disappointment

By Munches96

Amanda Panda woke up to her alarm clock. She got out of bed and walked to her calendar. She crossed off yesterday’s date, Thursday the 12th. Amanda sighed, got changed, and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

“Good morning pumpkin,” her mother said with her back turned. “I made you some breakfast. Today I’m going to a job interview at a diner, and then if that doesn’t work I’m scheduled for a job interview at the wish factory. The one at the wish factory is right after school, so I’m going to have to bring you with me.”

“Did you make me blueberry pancakes?” asked Amanda excitedly.

“Sorry honey, we were out of blueberries, so I made strawberry pancakes instead.” said her mother. Amanda pouted.

“Well I hope I get a job today!” said Amanda’s mother cheerfully. They both knew that if her mother got the job they could stay in the apartment. “Well honey, good luck at school today! Hope you pass your algebra test!” her mother said as she handed Amanda her lunch and backpack.

“Bye,” said Amanda quietly. She trudged to the bus stop when she heard a loud bus rush past her. It was her school bus! “Wait for me!” she cried running after it. But she slipped in a puddle of mud and got her knees covered. Her mother wouldn’t be able to drop her off, not today. Which meant…walking. By the time she got to school she was late. Amanda burst through the door just as her teacher was calling her name. “Here,” Amanda told Miss Goose.

“Well, Amanda, I’m glad you could make it. I was just about to tell the class an important announcement. Today you are going to have a substitute because I need to go see the doctor. Her name is Mrs. Hogwash.” A couple kids giggled. “Oh and here she comes!” A large pig with a sour face came in through the door. All the gigglers stopped giggling. Amanda was very disappointed. Miss Goose was her favorite teacher ever! “So, I’ll be leaving you now that your sub is here,” Miss Goose said, not aware of her cowering students. She walked through the door.

“Why hello everyone!” said Mrs. Hogwash in a not so friendly voice. “We will start this morning with algebra. Here are your tests.” After Mrs. Hogwash passed the tests out, she sat in Miss Goose’s chair with her feet on the desk. Mrs. Hogwash was reading a book and eating some chocolates. Amanda was having a bit of a hard time concentrating with chocolates in the room. Soon time was up. “Now, I will grade these during lunch, and anyone who did not get a 75% or more will be staying with me inside at recess.”

But that wasn’t right, thought Amanda. The class had known that they had an algebra quiz coming up, but they hadn’t started a unit in class yet. At lunch time Mrs. Hogwash passed out the tests. “I am very disappointed in all of you. No one got a 75% or higher. So I guess no one can go to recess.” Mrs. Hogwash said angrily. “We will have reading time in here.” Amanda was sad. She didn't pass the test... her mother would not be happy with her.

this is only the first half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back