Stretches

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Summer*

Reaction score
I spent two days from 8:45am to 5:00pm at music school.

I was singing, dancing, running around and everything. Today, I woke up and could hardly walk, couldn't run and had a really sore throat.

Does anyone know any good stretches I could do to help my muscles loosen up? Or maybe good warm ups for my voice before I sing?

Please post!

This is a good warm up to get your mouth and tongue moving. It goes like this:

Me

May

Ma

Mo

Me

May

Ma

Mo

Me

May

Ma

Mo

Moo

Try to stay active. Cartwheels, (into splits if you want, there fun!), reach for your toes. And for singing..

do

ray

me

fa

so

la

ti

do

Good luck! <33

Er..reach up to the sky then reach down to the floor. That's what I do. :p

[SIZE=9pt]Excercising unusual muscles can leave you pretty sore the next day. [/SIZE] :p

Try taking a hot bath to relax your tense muscles.

And then, after that, try stretching them out a little.

Stuff like splits and cartwheels tend to ache a little after if you push yourself too far.

I would call that a no-no. :wacko:

Simple stretches will loosen your muscles a bit.

Try rubbing Euaciliptus or Aloe-vera gel on your sore spots. Herbs like that are known to soothe your tough aches.

And for your sore throat?

Try drinking a nice, hot tea. Chamomile is especially good for your sore throat.

Throat Lozenges like Strepsils are also a good idea.

But if you're still feeling a little achey, ask your parents for a gentle Pain-reliever, like Tylenol.

All the best to start feeling better soon.

-Rachel

[SIZE=9pt]Excercising unusual muscles can leave you pretty sore the next day. [/SIZE] :) Try taking a hot bath to relax your tense muscles.

And then, after that, try stretching them out a little.

Stuff like splits and cartwheels tend to ache a little after if you push yourself too far.

I would call that a no-no. :huh:

Simple stretches will loosen your muscles a bit.

Try rubbing Euaciliptus or Aloe-vera gel on your sore spots. Herbs like that are known to soothe your tough aches.

And for your sore throat?

Try drinking a nice, hot tea. Chamomile is especially good for your sore throat.

Throat Lozenges like Strepsils are also a good idea.

But if you're still feeling a little achey, ask your parents for a gentle Pain-reliever, like Tylenol.

All the best to start feeling better soon.

-Rachel
Very good advice.

So....

I agree!! :]

Do everything **UrItChI** said to do. She has good advice xD

'Specially the eucaliptis or aloe-vera gel.

I was reading in a magazine that if you are sore from moving a lot, and it isn't too bad, you should try to do that exercise again but not as long or as hard. Then when you are done do a cool down. You should stretch after you exercise because if you stretch before you exercise than your muscles might get cold and you have a more likely chance of injuring yourself. Try doing warm ups instead, like jogging in place or doing a few jumping jacks. When you are done you can walk if you were runneing or dancing.

DON'T JUST SIT DOWN!!!

If you sit down right after an exercise the chemical in your body that was helping you use the stored fat in your body with cristalize and cause your mussles to be sore. When you coold down, you work this chemical out of your mussles so it doesn't hurt.(as much)

As for the singing. Try a few cough drops for when you get a sore throught, but don't take too much. Honey usually helps and if you happen to have the herb tyme(pronounced time) if you put that in some chicken noodle soup(not too much) and it could help your sore throught.(don't put the honey in the soup)

eat the honey on toast. If you happen to have unprossessed honey that is even better.

Also don't forget that you should warm up your vocal cords as well. You should also know that if you yawn a lot after a chior practice that means that you are breathing properly. You might also know by now that you should breath through your stomach (no matter how embarassing) so that you can hold a note out longer.

You should also try not to stress a note that you can't reach. If you are unable to reach a certain note than you should ask your teacher if there is a harmony note that you can sing or if you can just pretend to hit the note so that you don't look bad when you preform.

I was reading in a magazine that if you are sore from moving a lot, and it isn't too bad, you should try to do that exercise again but not as long or as hard. Then when you are done do a cool down. You should stretch after you exercise because if you stretch before you exercise than your muscles might get cold and you have a more likely chance of injuring yourself. Try doing warm ups instead, like jogging in place or doing a few jumping jacks. When you are done you can walk if you were runneing or dancing.DON'T JUST SIT DOWN!!!

If you sit down right after an exercise the chemical in your body that was helping you use the stored fat in your body with cristalize and cause your mussles to be sore. When you coold down, you work this chemical out of your mussles so it doesn't hurt.(as much)

As for the singing. Try a few cough drops for when you get a sore throught, but don't take too much. Honey usually helps and if you happen to have the herb tyme(pronounced time) if you put that in some chicken noodle soup(not too much) and it could help your sore throught.(don't put the honey in the soup)

eat the honey on toast. If you happen to have unprossessed honey that is even better.

Also don't forget that you should warm up your vocal cords as well. You should also know that if you yawn a lot after a chior practice that means that you are breathing properly. You might also know by now that you should breath through your stomach (no matter how embarassing) so that you can hold a note out longer.

You should also try not to stress a note that you can't reach. If you are unable to reach a certain note than you should ask your teacher if there is a harmony note that you can sing or if you can just pretend to hit the note so that you don't look bad when you preform.
[SIZE=9pt]That was amazing advice![/SIZE]

Wow, rock on! :blink:

-Rachel

i got loads of sprains all the time just rest them its simple (but not if your peppy like me then its really hard but i cant do it so i just get more pains ow-wee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back