Subbed or Dubbed?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This topic is resurrected! O:

I go with subs all the way. All the dubs I've watched were not very good. Plus some companies -cough4Kidscough- censor EVERYTHING. Almost the entire plot changes because it is censored.

But okay, some dubs are tolerable. The Death Note dub wasn't that bad and I could listen to it. I prefer subs because I get an idea of how the creator wanted the voice to sound like.

This topic is resurrected! O:
I go with subs all the way. All the dubs I've watched were not very good. Plus some companies -cough4Kidscough- censor EVERYTHING. Almost the entire plot changes because it is censored.

But okay, some dubs are tolerable. The Death Note dub wasn't that bad and I could listen to it. I prefer subs because I get an idea of how the creator wanted the voice to sound like.
I see what you mean about 4kids. I like Funimation and Viz's dubbing though.

Subbed is cooler=]

It has a diff effect on people. If you watch subbed, you tend to learn a bit of jap. But dubbed, you learn nothing. I also hate the voice actors who dub it.

For me, it really depends.

If the dubbed voice actors do a good job, and if what they say doesn't sound corny (going along with the censor/plot change thing), then yes, I will watch dubbed.

But subbed is awesome too.

I know xD I got into a fight with 4kids on youtube xDDDDD
You got into a fight with 4Kids? Like...the actual company or just about it. o.o I gotta watch this comparison video from Yu-Gi-Oh. They changed practically everything they said. o.o

Back on topic:

Subbed. Like Rawry said, you get to learn a little bit of Japanese at the same time. ^_____^

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yeah xDD I had a topic about it a while back [it's really old so don't bother posting in it, but check it out XD it has a link to a vid, but you have to click see all comments look ]

^Yeah xDD I had a topic about it a while back [it's really old so don't bother posting in it, but check it out XD it has a link to a vid, but you have to click see all comments look ]
I remember that. And I know the part where they hate rice balls too. In Pokemon they changed it into a sandwich AND a donut. What kind of donut is shaped like that. xD

It depends on what it is and how I feel. I have watched a fair bit from both versions of Sonic X, and being honest, while I am for 4Kids censoring(So that younger children can watch without seeing the bits their parents wouldn't want them to see), it would be nice if they did uncut, 'proper' English versions of the cartoons they dubbed, for the convenience of being able to watch without reading subtitles e.g: If you are dyslexic(sp?) or if you just can't be bothered.

Tama :angry: Phantom

I watch Subbed. 4kids has ruined alot of Anime for me, but YGO 5D's is really nice. But One Peice, YGO, Shaman King, Pokemon and Sonic X was ruined. I watch the subbed anytime I get my hands on it.

But I also love FUNimation, who does minior edited versions.

I'd pick FUNimations over 4kids anyday if I ever made an Anime.

It depends. For some, I really prefer the subbed. Shugo Chara's an example of that. But then for FUNimation dubs like Kodocha and Fruits Basket, or Moonphase, I watch those. I love Haiji's voice in the Moonphase dub. ^-^

4Kids is horrible. o__x;; Mew Mew Power? Nuu. O;

It depends on what it is and how I feel. I have watched a fair bit from both versions of Sonic X, and being honest, while I am for 4Kids censoring(So that younger children can watch without seeing the bits their parents wouldn't want them to see), it would be nice if they did uncut, 'proper' English versions of the cartoons they dubbed, for the convenience of being able to watch without reading subtitles e.g: If you are dyslexic(sp?) or if you just can't be bothered. Tama :) Phantom
Just to state this, I am against it's censoring completely. Anime is NOT for children. It never has been. Companies like 4kids are trying to make Anime into something that it is not. For Kids. If the child is too young to watch it, let them watch Dora or something like that. There are plenty of shows out there they could watch instead. Just saying :(

Demonslayer5050, that's fine with me. While I can see what you mean, I was just saying that if a child wants to watch an anime, they can watch the 4Kids version, because it's designed for children. Then their parents won't run to the nearest remote control and turn it off on them because a girl gets killed instead of being captured or floating into the sky, if you see what I mean. I'm sorry if anyone feels unhappy with my previous post

Tama :ph34r: Phantom

Demonslayer5050, that's fine with me. While I can see what you mean, I was just saying that if a child wants to watch an anime, they can watch the 4Kids version, because it's designed for children. Then their parents won't run to the nearest remote control and turn it off on them because a girl gets killed instead of being captured or floating into the sky, if you see what I mean. I'm sorry if anyone feels unhappy with my previous postTama :) Phantom
True. But it kind of sucks that older teens can't watch those anime to their true design :(

^They can though. Just, you know, different dubbing companies. xD Viz Media and Funimation are pretty good. 4Kids is literally For Kids. xD When I was younger, I used to watch Yu-Gi-Oh (Okay, I still watch it now, but thats beside the point), and I guess when you think about all the kids that watched it, its good that stuff was censored. Now people know better and can watch the Japanese version uncensored.

subs are SO much better ^_^

at first I would only watch anime in english, but then I found out that the people who dub mess everything up! (unless it's a good dub, 4kids changed the entire plot of tokyo mew mew ^_^ :angry: :angry: ) so subs are better because it's the original thing ^_^

:D

I like dubs better, only if it matches the characters mouth movements. I like English :) but if the dubs suck and theres no better ones then I will resort to subs..

Latest posts

Back