SWELTERING HEAT!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchis_rock13579

Reaction score
So is it? Most of the East Coast of the U.S. is said to have heat advisories out.

In my town (near Springfield MA and Hartford CT), I just checked the weather channel and it said for finals week (next week). Days with asterisks (*) on them are days on which forecast temperatures are above the record! 2 if it breaks a month record.

Tomorrow - partly cloudy, high 94*

Sunday - partly cloudy, high 95

Monday - sunny, high 101**

Tuesday - partly cloudy, high 94*

But what I'm most worried about is my 2 cats, Dylan and Lacey. On most days they're hunting cats and go outside to hunt for rodents and sometimes even birds and snakes while my parents are at work and my sisters and I are at school. I fear the unusual heat might affect them in a somewhat deadly way. Should I keep them in the house those days?

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=7pt]We are having some sweltering days here too. (Eastern Ontario.)[/SIZE]

Today was around 32 degrees celcius, which was supposed to feel like 40 later on in the day.

Which is a big "wooowww." :(

I had to spend the day outdoors, planting the school's garden.

I looked in the mirror and realized the sunburn I've gotten. Oh, great.

My cats love the summer weather.

They will stay outside on the hottest of summer days.

But not all cats are like that.

If you are worried about your kitties, keep them inside, just for safety.

I wouldn't think that anything bad would happen, but I'm no expert.

Keep your house cold, and your cats in for a day, that's what I would personally do.

Ps. Cute cat names! :D

Yeah. Today we had a high of 32 celcius when normally it's around 20, and with humidity it felt like 44. O.O

ugh, it was so hot here in Kitchener, (about 40 degrees with humidity) we all went under this huge tree for shade at recess that was out of bounds, and I had to take two showers. x.x i would've loved to go to my aunts pool this weekend but the red river started up again. -.-

I live in Texas, and it's 98 degrees f right now. about 3 days ago it was 102. Not that big of a difference, only about 5 degrees hotter. For the cats thing, no, it's fine, my cats gretchen and minnie love the heat. Just be sure to leave some icy cold water out for them. If you have a little doghouse like thing that offers shade thats good. My entire backyard is covered in trees, so it is very shady. You can let your cats out, but make sure they have shade and water.

Oh and it could depend on your cats color of coat, you might not want to let them out if they have black coats. Also you should have some sort of way for them to get inside.

Here (Vancouver Island BC canada) it is raining.

NOOO!!

I wish it would heat up because then i get to read manga outside and all the icecream parlors open up.

Stupid global warming, making the weather go all wacky. :rolleyes:

Like Phobo said make sure to leave some icy cold water out for them and make sure they can get inside. Maybe leave the door open, or the window? or a cat door.

Well I don't pay much attention to the news forecasts. But it's been quite hot here.

It was supposed to rain today but it didn't. I think it rained yesterday.

As for the cats thing, well I'd watch the TV forecasts and see when it gets really hot. Just keep 'em inside with plenty of water to prevent anything happening. I'd keep 'em inside all week if I was you.

Wow. Here in Edmonton AB, the record was + 32 degrees! in spring! ( well, almost summer. But still!)

Yeah and im worried about my cat, Kitty, too,what will happen to her if it gets too hot. Im really worried because she is black.

Wow. Here in Edmonton AB, the record was + 32 degrees! in spring! ( well, almost summer. But still!)

Yeah and im worried about my cat, Kitty, too,what will happen to her if it gets too hot. Im really worried because she is black.
Yes, black does tend to soak up light. Hence, the kitteh becoming hot. =DD

It's supposed to be really hot this weekend. 95 degrees today (Saturday) and tommorow. It's really early right now, but soon, I'll be in the POOL! :blink:

EDIT: Oh, and as for the cats, maybe you should just keep them inside for now. Or, if you let them outside, make sure they have a lot of water.

Hope I helped! :D

It's been colder than normal here for the entire spring. I want it to warm up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back