Swine Flu!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We did a "Monde en marche" article about it. It's now called H1N1. It was in a funny font, so th whole time, my friend thought it was Hini xDD Aaaand, you cant die from it, unless youre already weak. Its just like the normal flu, basically.
Yeah, for the most part, the only people that have died from it are very young children, very old people, people who have other health problems (such as diabetes, asthma, etc) or pregnant women. If you are healthy and young, there is a very low risk that it could affect you very badly. You could get the swine flu, but your body would probably kill the virus before it even did anything, like the normal flu.

The only reason it's a pandemic is because it's something new, and apparently it's been a mini pandemic in Mexico for a while already. There's just a fear of it evolving into something worse, but so far the virus has been pretty stable.

I'm happy you don't have it though, yaay. ;D

Just wash your hands lots.

Yeah, for the most part, the only people that have died from it are very young children, very old people, people who have other health problems (such as diabetes, asthma, etc) or pregnant women. If you are healthy and young, there is a very low risk that it could affect you very badly. You could get the swine flu, but your body would probably kill the virus before it even did anything, like the normal flu.
I have asthma -.-" Now Im gonna die from swine flu, Oh no... Wait, actually, I only have mild asthma, but when im sick, I have breathing issues, well worse than the average person. And when I inhale cigarette smoke, I cant breathe properly, for about 2-5 minutes.

My friend used to be crazy scared of swine flue. She would be all "ZOMG ITS COMING" and just the other day when I told her about how some kid sitting next to me kept coughing and sneezing and that I was going to get the swine flue she was all "I told you so!" And I was just like "-facepalm-"

xD

ANYWAY, I'm really not afraid of swine flu. If I get it, I shall go to the doctor, get an antibiotic and POOF! Back to normal. [whisper]Just.... like.... magic...[/whisper]

Nya. I'm quite happy, our town doesn't have it yet. Though all the towns surrounding us do...Oh well, until then I'm not worried. It's seriously exaggerated in the media anyway, like you're gonna die as soon as you get it. Really, unless you're very young, very old or have healthy problems, it's like any other flu. Obviously not pleasant, but yeah. Oh, and it only lasts about a week or two.

OOC: Dang typos. Someday, I shall make a post with no typos. Until then, mrrrr....

Last edited by a moderator:
(edit post) Yes its getting quite common its freakin me out. ... ;)

My Bestfriend's Sister's boyfriend had to get tested for Swine Flu because he was so sick.

That's the only case I know aout XD

But someone near Pittsburgh just died -_-

i cant get swim flu ._. i got vaccinated for it! IM FREE FROM SWIM FLU!!!!
The vaccine is not preventative.

That means you only take it if you are already suffering from the symptoms of swine flu.

The supplies of the vaccine are being kept for people who are really ill with swine flu because it is most effective if it is given within one or two days of the symptoms appearing.

Maybe you are confused and have received a general flu vaccine?

(unless, right now, you are already seriously ill in hospital suffering from swine flu...)

Swine flu doesn't even scare me. My mom's paranoid--but she knows like nothing about it. D:<

It's not as bad as everyone says it is.

My friend, Whitney, who sits next to me in theatre has it.

This kid, Paul, in my english class has it. Paul's been gone for like 6 days (if he's gone tomorrow) and Whitney's done the whole week.

^ Because it isn't that bad? S:

Everyone's making out like it's going to kill you if you catch it, but really it isn't that bad. There's quite a few people here who have it, and they just stayed at home until they recovered.

I am just getting over H1N1 (swine flu). I caught it from kids that ride my school bus that had it, and I didn't know. I wish their parents had kept them at home. I only felt really bad for a day or two, and my fever went to 104 degrees during that time. I had to take a week off from work because I was definitely confirmed by the doctor as having it. At least now I have immunity from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back