Take my tamagotchi with me on the plane?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteClaw84

Reaction score
So I'm going on a business trip and need to fly. I'm wondering with all the new security in the US if i can still take my tamagotchi on my person...and if the machines are safe for it. I figured if you can bring a laptop and phone etc...a tama will be fine but just wasn't to double check.

Yup. You will be fine. Just don't IR with it in flight. Some get a bit twitchy seeing connections.... TamaGo in particular.

Did it in the airport waiting to pick up somebody, they didn't care for my TamaGo... They asked me to look at them. Lucky me they had an original tamagotchi. I would just be mindful of the TamaGo. That was weird....

Yeah it's fine to take it on a plane as it will not cause any problems. I have been doing it a lot recently as I went to Turkey, and Greece.

Next time when asking a question, please search using the search bar located at the top of the site.

There is also a topic here that gives more detailed answers. https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/155998-tamagotchis-on-airplanes/page__hl__airplane
That is an older post and my concern was regarding the recent changes to airport security that is why i created this topic.

Thanks!

A Tamagotchi device is nothing more than, let's say --- a portable gaming system such as a PlayStation Portable or a Game Boy; which are completely harmless.

I don't think IR will even interfere with the flight as IR is a communication method from beaming "lights" and not radio signals.

Bringing them into flights is perfectly safe.

I guess the only concern left would be the fact that you shouldn't be putting them out during landing or takeoff as people who are less technically-inclined (let alone paranoid :p ) might think you're doing something dangerous or something.

If a flight attendant asks you to put them away, just obey and bring them out when safe to avoid any issues. :)

Surely if the security has changed, it would be fine, For example say that when the original vintages were released and you could go on plane's, it would be fine since technology has changed and is more advanced now. However I understand your point, but it is defiantly fine to bring them on the plane. I recently went on a plane on the 6th August when returning from Rhodos Island in Greece/Turkey. They did not say anything, id imagen with such a small device that even the biggest signals from the phone would not affect it anyway because the Tamagotchi itself is so small.

Im going to spain in a few weeks and will be taking my ID L with me. I don't plan on taking the batteries out so It should be okay anyway since it was on the way to greece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back