Taking Care Of Your Tamagotchi Devices:

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verklighet

Reaction score
I am curious to know your opinion on this matter.

I will carry around my M!X in the home and out in public very easily.

It gets tossed around here and there, I have a 12 year old brother who likes to tease me with it or maybe toss it to me when I ask for it.

Sometimes, I will worry that I am not taking as good care of my device as I should.

Like, if you bought a glass plate and tossed it around, people would think you are being careless.

How careful are you with your device?

I would like to say that I'm careful with my tamas, but I'm honestly not. I'll carelessly leave them on the couch or right by coasters (which is especially dangerous). I misplace them a lot too, but I do that with most of my stuff... However, if the tama is kinda rare (like my Ocean) or expensive (like the color versions), I'm typically more careful with them.

They're toys and they're there to be played with and enjoyed, so I'm careful with them, but I don't go out of my way to buy or make cases, use screen-protectors, and so on - that would just make them inconvenient to deal with.

I handle my things carefully, but I've got no qualms about putting a Tamagotchi in a corner of my bag, with no case or similar, as long as it isn't going to slide around. Technology catches on when it adapts to people's lives, after all, not when people's lives have to be adapted to the technology.

I put them in my bag or pocket but avoid placing them with keys and coins that could scratch the screens, like I do with my phone (well, not anymore, since the screen is completely broken :p ) however I don't mind the little scratches here and there, as long as they're not very noticable. I think I take reasonable care of them. I'd like to get cases for them, but mostly for decorative purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite meticulous, but not as much as some people I know. I always put them in cases to avoid scratches, and when I do see a scratch on the screen i usually displex it. A few of my older tamas do have screen protectors on just in case but not all.

I'm quite meticulous, but not as much as some people I know. I always put them in cases to avoid scratches, and when I do see a scratch on the screen i usually displex it. A few of my older tamas do have screen protectors on just in case but not all.
What kind of protector do you use? I tried to cut and fit a plastic protector for smartphones but it wouldn't stick to the screen.

That's what I did too, though what I did is that I first opened up the whole tama and removed the screen altogether, and then put the protector on. Obviously none of them came out perfect in the end though.

I bought a whole sheet of a no-name screen protector aimed at older phones.

When I get my tama I'll be careful with it. Very careful. I'm going to try SOOOO hard not to scratch it or anything. I try to keep all of my stuff like new. x3

With my old, harder to find Tamas (Mothra and English P2) I use cases because I'm paranoid. They don't make them anymore!

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep 'em in my shirt pocket. Sometimes the screens get a little scratched up, but that was only really bad when I was running my v5 because of the roof and the Gozarutchi charm hanging off of that. For the most part, they stay in perfectly fine shape. I wanna try to mess w/screen protectors as Jhud's suggesting, but between work and writing and all my other hobbies I don't have time to sit down and mess with it.
As long as stuff works, I'm okay with wear and tear. It's those sorts of ragged edges that make things really feel like they're MY things, because those scars show where we've been together.

^ Nice! :D // My mini's swirls have gone and there's possibly a tiny scratch in the screen, but I try and look after it. It gets a bit wet sometimes (from my sweaty hands - Hey, it's boiling! xD) but yeah. I can freak out about stuff, like losing a little paint by the screen (pretending to forget about the new thread screaming if you can paing tamas xD) and... yeah. I'm ALWAYS holding it, but it seems in pretty good condition. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back