Taking tamas too seriously?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had finally gotten down the taking care of 2 tamas thing, then yesterday my 3rd generation (hey, thats alot to me as its hard to take care of them when I am chasing a baby around the house all day long and dont hear them beep! lol) died unexpectantly. It was completely happy and full and was not asking for attention and all of a sudden -poof-

I dont know what happened. Both of my tamas were born at the exact same time because they were the result of their parents marrying. The matchmaker came on my blue tama 2 days prior to this happening and after 2 days it still hadnt happened to my red tama so I figured something was prolly glitched in it.....and then it died.

Then, today, it happened to my 5th generation blue tama. Makes me really mad. I had 60,000 points between the two and about 6 plane tickets on each....I was royally ticked. Now, I have to start all over on both.

Am I mad? You bet I am. But I dont go so far as to get worked up about it. I am fortunate enough to have other things that keep my mind off of it so I get over it quickly. But it still ticked me off lol.

I got upset when i told my friend to take care of my tama and he let it die. I got mad at him and I was overreacting a little but was i taking him to seriously for the sake of my tama. now that i think about it, it is only a toy.

[SIZE=9pt]I agree with pretty much everyone else. It's ok to get a LITTLE sad when your Tama dies, but crying over it? I think that's a little big over-the-top, don't you? I can see if your family is never around and you don't have any friends, then yes, but I sure hope you aren't in that situation! :) [/SIZE]

When my Tamagotchi dies, I just say, "Oh..." and reset it and move on with my life. I'm not like most girls who cry a lot over things like sad movies (no offense)! But that's just me.

OK. Please don't laugh at me, but I just want to say something.

I am a shy girl. I only have a couple real friends and I have been bullied (emotionally) my entire life. I am also very sensitive.

Well, when I got my V4...

...I took it way too seriously.

Eventually, my Tamagotchi died, and I cried. A lot.

So don't laugh at me and don't call me weird.

I did that a year ago and learned my lesson.

But, then second generation hit, and I was with my friends and their Tamas more.

So therefore, I learned, that it feels better to bond with your friends who have the Tamagotchi than your Tamagotchi.

unless u r a 7-year-old kid, normally u wouldn't cry just because a VIRTUAL pet died.

I do love my tamagotchi as a pet, because I am not allowed to have pets. Some people have dogs and cats that they love and talk to, and they would be upset if it died. Well think about it. Tamagotchi is my pet and I love it, talk to it, and would be upset if it died.
I love this answer :rolleyes:

:chohimetchi: :furawatchi: I do think some people take tams to seriously but I hatre to say that I might be one of them!!

When my tam ran out of batteries, I almost cried!! But I didnt. I have 2 v4s and my cousin gave me one for free!! It was a perfect tam and she just left it on her bedroom floor!!!! She said I could have it and I picked it up and nourished it back to health!!! :D

Some people get really upset, and others just reset it and could care less. It does teach people lessons that are beneficial in their life, even if it does seem that they are taking it to seriously.

I agree- they are taking it to seriously. It's pretty sad when your tamagotchi dies, especially on a high generation or if your tamagotchi was progressing nicely, but it is nothing to cry about. ;) I just get a new egg, and start over. No big deal. :D

Of course, you have no control over whether they cry about it or not. It is their decision, and you have to respect it. Your decision is your decision -- to cry or not to cry. :)

Yes. It is not healthy to be so emotionally attached to a pixelized character. Don't get me wrong, I love tamas all the same, but not like that. :blink:

The only tama problem I have is I love to collect them. My mom said I'm too old for them and i said no I love those little virtual toys. :p But I don't cry when they die or call them my best friend, I have a life outside of the tama world too.

When you take care of something, you can eventually form a bond with it. If you get a really close bond, you could become very emotional about it.

The crying thing means there way too attached to there tamagotchi, and the best friend thing that means they dont have many real friends (Sorry if i have offended anyone its ok to cry about your tamagotchi, but that is a little bit of a overeraction, and the best friend thing same thing)

I don't cry when my tama dies I just get upset

but I DON'T think that tamagotchis are for people who can have pet like a dog or cat

because I have a dog and intend to breed it later on in life and I still have a tamagotchi to take care of its just a computerized pet and fun to take care of not some toy you decided to buy of the shelfs because you wanted to know what its about its something you'd love/like to play and feed just some people are a little to in to the tamagotchi I'm in to them as in "wow this is sooo fun" not, "Omg my tama died why why WHHYY!!!"

just at least give them some credit for caring lol ^_^

I agree- they are taking it to seriously. It's pretty sad when your tamagotchi dies, especially on a high generation or if your tamagotchi was progressing nicely, but it is nothing to cry about. :( I just get a new egg, and start over. No big deal. :lol:
Of course, you have no control over whether they cry about it or not. It is their decision, and you have to respect it. Your decision is your decision -- to cry or not to cry. :)
[SIZE=9pt]Heh, yeah I agree. It's like, "Deal or No Deal?" :eek: I ESPECIALLY get upset when my Tama dies and I have so many skill and Gotchi points and it's on a high generation. GRR!! But I don't cry or anything. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]~*[/SIZE]MnMztama495*~

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back