Tama Dilemma

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK, I'll tell you the WHOLE story.

A few days ago, my friend was coming to my house after school. I had recently recieved two identical Tama V5's, one for my friend and one for me. We were supposed to open them on my friend's birthday, but we couldn't wait and decided to start them up that day. It all went great, no-one's Tama was glitched, we connected, and we both told my mom and she said it was okay. But then, my friend ran up to me, looking very stressed, and said "what happened?". I saw that the screen had gone blank! We went to my room, dug around in my stationary box, and got out my screwdriver and a spare CR2032 battery. I knew the battery was working, because I had got it out of an old V4 a few days ago. We unscrewed the Tama and replaced the battery. It beeped and we downloaded it. Just then my friend's dad arrived, and we said we needed a minute to get the Tama going again. My friend's dad started counting down from ten, and immediately my friend and I started to panic. The Tama kept beeping, the battery was getting jiggled about, we were both snatching for it in our panic. Then there was a very long and loud beep. I sighed and told my friend the bad news - the Tama had reset. My friend's dad then took my friend away, leaving me to sort out the Mystery of the So-Called Glitchy Tamagotchi.

Yesterday, I got round to doing a few tests on the Tama. I put a battery in and hatched a family. Then I threw the Tama against my bed a few times. After about the third time, it beeped loudly and showed the download-reset screen. I tried this a few times, and it never reset itself. I tried taking care of the Tama for the hour as a baby, and it didn't do anything suspicious as long as I treated it gently. It actually works! Now I have reset the two identical Tamas, mine and hers, and taken the batteries out, and now they are sitting on my desk ready for a restart when my friend next comes round.

But what was that mystery restart? Was it some one-time glitch, or did one of us accidentally press some buttons in our panic? What do you think?

~ Dazzmina

The second battery may have been low on power. Get a fresh battery.

get 2 fresh batteries. and be sure they are CR2032, otherwise damage may occur.

Yeah, probably what they said.

And the V5's are veerrryyy glitchy, but you probably already know that Dazz. xP

When I put in new batteries in my V5(I WAS ON THE 20TH GENERATION FJDSKLGJSFKLD) it reset itself, and I got so mad at just quit. DDD: fdjsklgsd

Even though theyre really glitchy I still love em to death though. x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back