Tama-Go good idea or bad?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always adored the TMGO, ever since i got my first purple wave 2 (now broken due to water damage :( ) I don't really mind about the fact the its quite big in size i just really like it, because of its fun features: EG: Park, date place, cool games and other stuff.

I also like the cute characters and collecting all the gotchi figures (although sometimes they can be a rip) I like how it's pretty low maintence and that it can connect with other versions like the music star :D

The only thing i don't really like about it is the fact that the designs are so plain and boring, just solid colors, i was hoping for the more fun designs like the older versions. But oh well overall i still love my TMGOS :)

Sakura-san123 <3

I have mixed feelings about it. I don't like it because I find it really simple, but it's good if you are very busy. I do like it because mainly its a tama... and that alone makes me like it. I agree it's cute and the designing the face plate bit is just cool. I don't like the figurines because they get in the way. The potty training is fun because it gives you something to work for but... once it is trained it kinda leaves you feeling left out... also, I don't know if anyone else notices it but when you are timing them out or praising them it gets kind of confusing because it doesn't specify which to do, praise or time out, it just seems like a guessing game to me. I also don't like that you can't name it but that can be easily worked around. Some of the animations seem kind of... well uncreative and lazy... I had a V1 [or 2] get chased around by a turkey and that was funny! The one animation I do like is when they get REALLY fat. All in all I can't say it's my least favorite but it's not one I play regularly.

I'm an avid supporter for the TG. However, I notice that the number one reason people don't really like it all that much is because they go in with the expectations of the smaller, older Tama's. You CANNOT do that! It's like comparing a Kindle Fire to an iPad - yeah, they have some similarities, but, they are NOT the same thing, and, you can't compare them like that. The size alone should have told you there was going to be a big difference. Now, for my review:

I'm normally the chick you see with the HUGE purse taking up two seats on the train, so, the size of the TG, of course, is not the issue for me. I love it's so big and it can just easily fit into the palm of my hand and I can play with it.

It's the figurines I can't stand.

I can't keep up with things. Really. All of my Tama's are connected on one little bracelet, and, you can bet that as soon as one gets disconnected, it's as good as lost. So, you can imagine, that I had a hard time keeping up with the figurines.

Let's just say that I lost them. All.

However, I like everything else. There's a lot more to do. Of course, it does get boring if you're like me and keep up with things to save your life, but, if something has an attachable, that you have to buy, you can bet it's going to be 99.9% better with said attachable. I knew, going in, that if I couldn't keep up with my figurines, I was just going to get the bare minimum and I don't mind it.

Now, I have the first wave, and, my screen is still pretty nice. And I'm the girl that, with that huge purse, throws everything around in it just to find a pen or pencil or needle (2 of the 3 which will wander aimlessly around my purse in no container of sorts), so, I think it's all really how you handle it.

I also love that it takes regular AAA batteries instead of those crazily expensive watch batteries. That's a load off of my back, especially since nearly every appliance in my house requires AAA batteries and so we normally have them around.

It's got a good growth process && I like the fact that you have to make a conscious effort to care after it (especially because you have the Friendship Hearts & Train Meter to fill).

Of course, you can't name it, which I don't like to much. However, now, I can name it whatever I want and it's not limited to 5/8 letters!

All in all, looking at it for what it is, I think it's a pretty good deal. It does what it was advertised to do, and, I didn't make assumptions by looking at the previous versions. I really think it's worth it.

I like my Tama-Go. I run it every once in a while. Its a nice refreasher tama if you haven't ran in a while... The only thing I really have to complain about is the wait time for the parents to leave. Its not really that bad either, but with a running IDL, it just seems longer..... (aleast 8 til atleast 3 or 4...)

If I need to whip out my Pretty Cure Miracle Commune again, I will be happy to. (Or go visit my log, and its the second post with images to compare the tamago too.) We could have gotten a tamagotchi THAT big... Its a bit to get used to...

And one other thing.... Could it have been we rushed them into the tamago? Complaining of the Music Star buttons? (lacking things....etc) They are trying...(There is talk its a finisher, I doubt it) I'm almost positive they are working on a special tamagotchi behind the scenes.... I doubt they would stop on the 15th anniversary, not being this close. Alas, that is another conversation....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back