Tama-go Pausing // Messing with the time.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirms

Reaction score
I've read though these forms, and I see a lot of people saying "pausing your tamagotchi or setting the time forward and then back is bad for it/ It might mess up your game". I was wondering if anyone could explain to me just what I might risk should I do either of these two things?

You see, I'm very much a night owl (not all of the time, like not enough to set the clock to a different time or anything) and when I go to sleep for the night I pause my pet-. I don't want him to be awake for 5-6 hours without being cared for.

Once, the first or second night I had my pet I changed the clock forward so that I could play with it a little (I was very excited about it)... I didn't think it would mess with anything until I came here...

Does it just make aging take longer, because that doesn't worry me. I'd rather it take longer and I enjoy raising it the whole time, than to just let it run and miss out on the fun stuff because I was afraid to pause it. Or, does it do something like totally stop the aging process.

I am very confused.

I am running a White Tama-go (and I will be getting a Music Star too, so any info on that could be helpful), if that has any effect on the issue.

Not sure about the TamaGo...

I have two v6 Music stars.

I am also a night owl and have had very few problems changing the time on my V6Stars.

The only problem I currently remember having encountered was an age problem that corrected itself at Midnight.

(At age 1... my Tama evolved, the actual counter did not change until Midnight, it showed 3 which was correct.)

I actually recommend Time Changing over Pausing. Highly Recommend it!

(For most versions AFTER the v4... before that, the Ages can mess up and will not fix.)

Hopefully someone with TamaGo can help you for that Version.

~Phnx

Last edited by a moderator:
This hasn't actually happened to me (yet), but the growth process will only be temporarily paused. Instead of your Tama being 6, like it should be, the age counter would be 5, and therefore the date place wouldn't be open. So, if you don't mind having your tama for an extra day, then don't worry about it. And, as far as I know, it only happens with the first wave. This will also happen if you leave it at the Tamatown (the code for the pc) screen too long.

Violetchilluvr3

Changing the time shouldn't effect the play. Just keep in mind it will seem like it takes longer for your tama to grow. You can always set it to your sceduale and not the normal one. I would change them on the hour so you can keep a more general age of your tama. It will say but not the hours... Once it hits Adult... well, becomes a waiting game unless you like the tama you have grown.

And because I've seen it happen... Marriage age is age 6. Then you can go get your tama married. You will have 3 choices before it will make you wait until the next day. I believe the park can help *Hint your possible tama-character to marry. But its only a speculation to me. Sometimes it works well other times I am wrong. It helps more if you visit the park more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back