Tama-No-Go

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kutchipatchiwatermelon

Reaction score
My friend and I were talking about the new Tamagotchi-Go. We looked at the design from the front and decided it was a little lower than the level of okay, and then I got motivated enough to search the Tama-Go. When we saw the design, we were shocked. We expected it to be slim, like the past six generations of Tamagotchi. Unfortunately we were wrong--or at least I was.

Therefore my friend and I had this wonderful debate on buying the new Tama-Go.

(M = Me, Kutchipatchiwatermelon; H = My friend.)

M: Why do you think the design is so great? It's so fat and probably hard to carry around, too.

H: I think the design's okay, but only because it's so customized. You can take off the faceplate and everything and have your own designs in there. It gives a sense that this Tamagotchi is yours. Besides, Bandai probably made it fat so naughty schoolchildren won't take them to school and play with them under desks. The design might also be for little kids having trouble with little rubber buttons. It makes sense.

M: Yeah, that does make sense. What about the upgrades to programming? I've heard the Tamagotchi is a lot more complicated, ranging even to feeding themselves. And another thing about the friendship levels, too. People have posted it's more complex and more like a real pet... But it still doesn't make sense that you would buy it just because the pixels are bigger or there was a minor change to how it functions.

H: Sure. It makes it a lot easier to take care of. I don't think it was much of a biggie. [shrug] I mean, it'd be more fun to play with, it's still something new.

(Any comments so far? I'll continue posting later.)

Okay I've got answears.

Its fat... Supposly so kids can hold it easier. Designed to be about the same size of the Tamagotchi Color/Tamagotchi ID (etc)

The figures comes with designs you can switch the inner design with. You can customize your own to the size of the tamagotchi... making it more for you. The figures are the upgrades, more games, food and shops/restaruants as long as the figures are attached. Not needed to fully enjoy the tama-go, but it does make it more interesting.

I wouldn't call it complex... Its pretty silent compared to other tamas. (connection is compared to)

BTW, the keychain *like thing on it... It is to hold the figures. Few of them... If you want to use it as a keychain, I really don't recommend it as people have clawed the clear part dropping it if the connector thing comes undone. I really recommend buying a coin purse/bag to hold it/transport it. They aren't currently making replacements as many people have asked... yet.

At first I didn't like the new shape of the tama-go, but It's kinda like an egg so it makes it feel like you're holding the tamas egg.

I really don't mind the fat shell at all. I think the fact that you can customize and the four grey scale screen makes up for it.

I personally don't have a Tama-Go, so I can't say too much.

But like SailorRosette says, it might be to make the Tamagotchis easier to carry, especially for older audiences with them huge paws >n<

And like Pikaluvz says, the four layer gray scale makes up for it.

Also, be glad it's not the size of an alarm clock or anything... xD It's actually WAY smaller than I imagined, before I saw it for the first time.

My mom thinks it's so that little children have to keep them out at school so people ask "what is that?" and then they tell them, they get curious, and just HAVE to get one. It's possible...

I like the egg theory. You're holding the Tama egg and caring for the Tama within. I think that's kind of cool. I wish I could even find a TamaGo. I've got the itch to raise one again and the only one of my connections I can find is broken. Poor Grimlock :(

I think Tama-Gos are okay, but THEY CAN BE A SERIOUS PAIN sometimes. Especially if you KEEP missing them pooping so can't get any Training bars. The figures are cool, but the Tama-Go is a sort of Christmas-holida (for those in Northern Hemisphere - for Southern Hemisphere the Winter-but-not Christmas holdiay) type of Tama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back