tamagotch + water

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtamadude

Reaction score
I dropped my tamagotchi in water and it seems fine will any thing happen

probally- there are ENDLESS possibilities.

You might want to unscrew it so that it airs out because the water inside of your tama may cuz the platform under the buttons to rust

I'd take it apart minimally (unscrew the casing a little) to let the insides air out. If you see a lot of water inside, try to remove it with paper towels or by light shaking.

You don't want it to be wet inside, as the water can damage any electronic device it gets into, and even make the insides rust.

To be on the safe side, you might also want to replace the battery. (make sure the back where the battery goes isn't wet inside. You especially don't want that area to become rusted.)

i dropped my v3 in milk once.(i was eating cereal, YUM golden grahams) i just took of the back and put it in the sun for 10 minutes. it worked after that (though the key ring was a little yellow and it smelled a little like golden grahams)

hmmm.... Well that happened to me once and the buttons got less hmmm... Fast? So Yeah I agree maybe you should unscrew it...

Tamagotchis and water...not the best of pals :puroperatchi: .

Once you get the two together, you never know what will happen! A lot of times the Tamagotchi gets ruined. Though, sometimes, the Tamagotchi is fine.

Whether anything weird happens to your Tamagotchi or not, I suggest that you open up the back and try to dry it out. I hear sunshine and blow-dryers work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Air it out - FAST. I remember mine dropping in some water, and if I hadn't have aired it out sooner, it would have died. (That would be my *now lost* v.3)

I usually try to keep mine on a necklace so that nothing happens. I hope this helps, and good luck!

ya you better get sun on it soon cause you may notr know this but it may seem fine but inside the buttons may rust and it could do bad stuff to it :gozarutchi:

That's good, maybe you try what MintyDreams7 and Androtchi69 mention. Like unscrewing it and wiping it stuff. That happened to my friend once and all the water went to the screen and the tama didn't work after that.

My V1 fell in my cats water dish, I don't know how long it was in there before I noticed I took it out shook out as much water as I could and then just let it dry. I would advise against the sun idea because if you forget it in the sun it can fry the screen. Just put it on a nice dry place with the back open and battery removed. If you are going to take it apart, make sure you do it in a nice clean area away from pet hair. Keep a small cap of like a soda bottle or something for your screws. Make sure not to scratch the board, or pull the wires out for the sound. If your young I would advice asking an adult to do it.

My first ever tamagotchi fell into water once (v2) i was crying my head off ;) . my mum took it and i think she unscrewed it and it was absolutelly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back