Tamagotchi Angel App coming

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we'll get a pause feature with the updates. *fingers crossed*

Wll this make the demands ofr the tamagotchi angel less and will the prices then go down? Probably not..

It won't affect the price since the Tamagotchi Angel is no longer being commercially sold by Bandai.

Why is the app still getting so much hate?

I understand that everyone wants a new Tamagotchi release in the US, but at least Sync Beatz are doing something to try to reengage Tamagotchi fans. Remember when the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. line was first released? We all thought that it was just going to be a whole bunch of Tamagotchi themed merchandise. Now, we have a fully functioning Tamagotchi application, a nod to the original 1996 Tamagotchi, before any of that merchandise has even been released! This shows that they are clearly focussed on the Tamagotchi aspect of the brand as well as the brand itself.

I think that it's wonderful that they are considering this a success, and continuing to expand on the brand due to its success. I'm looking forward to seeing how they upgrade the current app (new characters from the P2, perhaps?) and I'm also extremely excited for the Angel app release next year. Perhaps if this too is a success, we might see more variations in the application.

Keep in mind that the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. campaign is designed to build up the Tamagotchi audience, not just appeal to remaining fans. When they feel that they have built up enough interest in the brand again, perhaps then they will reconsider the idea of releasing a physical Tamagotchi release. Then again, perhaps not. Either way, any increase in popularity is good, it means progress, which means new Tamagotchi news for us! :)

I agree with this. The more popular Tamagotchi is the better the chances are of them releasing another physical device. But until they do they won't be seeing any money from me. I have no interest in phone apps and even if I did I have no means of downloading them into my phone. If I did there's a chance I'd download the app just to support Tamagotchi but I can't really see myself enjoying it.

Maybe the apps are being released to make people remember the nostalgia of Tamagotchi's. Maybe they are doing that because they are going to release a new Tamagotchi? This would be a good way to get hype and to get people to want to get a new Tamagotchi. I'm sure it is all good Bandai and Tamagotchi advertisement.

I think my biggest complaint, is that the P1 and P2 versions should've been released together. Like, going into the options and selecting which "version" you wanted to run. it would've added more variety and may have grabbed more attention because of that. (It gets dull because of the limited character selection.) I know it means more time to develop the app but I think I would've stuck with it longer. (Mimitchi is on the P2 and she's always been my favorite.)

It also had many technical bugs with eggs not hatching for DAYS, pets dying too quickly because of a quirk with the real time growth, and many things similar to that. Sure, it was something that happens to many games but it seemed like it took FOREVER to be patched. I still get times that I try the app and the egg NEVER hatches.

I don't hate it and will try this new Angelgotch app (wish it was a Devilgotch one though) but I doubt it will keep my attention like my standalone pets.

The P2 Mimitchi is a male. The current Mimitchi is a female.
Genders weren't so clear and many kids could just come up with what they wanted. I always thought of her as the female counterpart to Mametchi. Either way, I wish the P1 and P2 came out together with the Tamagotchi Life app.

The whole app idea is probably the best whoever's doing this (I don't think it's BanDai) can do to attract new fans. They're right. What's better than a free virtual pet app to remind people of a toy they had as a kid? It's not great for the current fans, and I dislike the app, but it's all they can do really.

I have no problem with the app; they're trying their best. What I have a problem with is the clothes, fashion, webisodes, promotions and other things that have nothing to do with Tamagotchi. An app strongly resembling a Tamagotchi? Fine. Clothes that do not even say Tamagotchi on them and are only for young women? Absolutely NOT fine.

I'm looking forward to the Angel app, and of course it's nowhere near as good as a Tama, but it's the best the company making it can do for now. :)

My problem with it is that they keep using the slogan that goes something like "Just like the virtual Pets you remember only better". It may be fun, but it is in no way better than an actual Tamagotchi. It may be the best they can do but they should in no way imply that what they're doing is better than real Tamagotchis. Fun or not it will always be a shallow substitute for the real thing. I'm glad it exists for those who want it and I hope it brings new fans into the fold. But to imply that this pale imitation is better than the real thing is downright insulting to the original product. It's fine if an app's all they can do, but don't try to feed me crap and call it ice cream. I'm smart enough to know the difference. It may be fun, but it is not in any way better.

y problem with it is that they keep using the slogan that goes something like "Just like the virtual Pets you remember only better". It may be fun, but it is in no way better than an actual Tamagotchi.
Sadly, I don't think they'll see it the way we (people who enjoy the actual toy) do.

On the other hand, it is a good start - the "virtual pets you remember" may be referring to the vintage models, and if this takes off and becomes successful, they can then introduce the "better ones" which Japan has been enjoying now for a while. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I'm hoping for. That it takes off and becomes insanely popular to the point we start getting real Tamas again. You can't swing a dead cat in a Wal Mart without hitting a piece of Angry Birds merchandise. I want the same for Tamagotchi.

I recently did a survey... I went on the Tamagotchi LIFE app for the first time in a few months and the advert at the bottom of the screen was for a survey. It's probably on the T-LIFE website somehwere.

Anyway, one of the questions asked if I would buy a Tamagotchi Angel app, and it had an image of a mock-up title screen. The next few questions asked about whether I prefer P1 or P2 characters, probably suggesting a P2 update / app.

I'm actually really happy about this app! I do love the actual Tama toys a lot more, but I haven't been on the site or interested in Tamagotchis for a few years and happy that the company still exists and it is thriving. While I will keep hoping for some new toys in America, it's better then nothing. You can count on me downloading this app for my iPod Touch!

the app is sucessful? more like bad news because it'll attract even more #hashtagging #hippies into our #tamagotchi #fandom #lol #kidstoy #90's #nostalgia dO yOU WANT THAT ON TT
The more theres people showing attention to Tamagotchis again... The more there are chances Bandai decides to produce again :) I mean like, they've been making 2 Tamagotchi apps lately (Life and now Angel), and a Japanese Tamatown...

I'm just scared that lots and lots of people get into the tama-love and Bandai keeps not producing... Prices higher even more... I'll have to stick to my fakes forever, then... -_-

Altrough ''cuteness'', ''Kawaii'' and ''softness'' aren't really common words in America for teens, so we must not despare!!! :p

They should really make the original tamogatchis cheaper. They are like $65 dollars new! I got a tamago at 14.00. Im 11 and I used to play tamagotchi ALL THE TIME when I was 4. They are really cool. They should also put the tamago website up again.

Well now we know that the Tamagotchi Friends device is coming this year to the US, so it obviously wasn't bad for this app to be released (nor the Angel one coming soon)! :lol: ARE YOU ALL READY FOR THE FIRST NEW TAMA IN FOUR YEARS?!

tamacrazy96 has my opinion spot on.

The main strategy of L.I.F.E. being centered around a clothing line and whatnot was what I thought was bad. The app (As well as the forthcoming Angel app) was an excellent idea in my book. As I have said before, I can see after the Angel us possibly getting the other vintage releases (Minus the Mothra, Genjintchi, and Tamaotchi due to licensing issues).

Theoretically, it would be wicked cool if the Osutchi and Mesutchi part of the app in this series connected to others online or via bluetooth, for instance.

Enough speculation, though. I await the Angel update with bated breath. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back