Tamagotchi Angel touchscreen doesn't seem to work

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waight

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can fix this or if there's something I can do?

It's not exactly a "touch screen." It's actually more of a "motion sensor." The Tamagotchi responds in some way when you gently tap the screen or the side of the egg. The motion sensor's function on the Angel is to either A) Scare away the bat that comes (this happens randomly...probably about once every ten candies you feed your Angel) and tries to steal your Angel's candy away (if you don't succeed in scaring away the bat, it will steal the candy, thus lowering AP/TP) and B) To call your Angel back when it goes for a stroll (you'll know this is happening when you see either a blank screen or a door on the screen (depending on whether you have an American or Japanese Angel).

I've had the bat event but it seems that no matter how much I tapped the unit on the screen and on the sides it just didn't help. Was I doing it wrong?

What do you mean by "it just didn't help"? What happens when you try it? When you're feeding your Angel candy and the bat comes along, you tap the side of the egg and if the bat disappears after a while (your Angel will probably be looking happy too), you're good to go! By the way, I know I said in my first post that AP/TP goes down if you let the bat take away the candy, but it's actually the Good Deeds meter that goes down (my mistake!) if you let the bat succeed. So if you're unsure as to whether you succeeded or not, just be sure to check that meter too after a bat comes along. As far as tapping goes, either tap the side of the egg or the screen. I have heard of some instances where people use the key chain to tap it against the side of the egg for a little extra oomph. When you tap, you just tap it several times until the bat goes away. Of course, you don't need to be too vigorous but at the same time, make enough impact so that it would trigger the motion sensor.

I'll try it with the keychain part. What I mean is the bat comes and I tap on the body of the unit and on the screen and it doesn't do anything, the bat takes the candy. I've even tested it by feeding the angel tons of candy to get the bat multiple times but it doesn't seem to work. Thank you so much for your advice and explanations by the way ^^ I really appreciate you taking time to help me out! :D

Oh, that's weird that the bat still takes the candy even after all that tapping! Maybe we do need to be a little more vigorous after all. Well, keep practicing! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it after a few more tries. I know I didn't get it right the first few times around. Good luck! :)

I'm come across a friend's angel that was like this... Then they found it was still rather hard to scare the bat away. So they shook the tama left to right and that helped.

Thank you Rosette! I'll give that a shot too :D

I got it fixed! You were right, I needed a little more oomph! Thank you again.

Today I experience the same problem, taping on the side was working perfectly fine till today! :C

I tried taping my tama on both sides left and right (with my fingers, palm of my hand), on the back and front I even tried taping it on my knee (back and front), shaking it as SailorRosette said and nothing works! x.x I think the bat has mutated!

Any advice? T-T

Today I experience the same problem, taping on the side was working perfectly fine till today! :C

I tried taping my tama on both sides left and right (with my fingers, palm of my hand), on the back and front I even tried taping it on my knee (back and front), shaking it as SailorRosette said and nothing works! x.x I think the bat has mutated!

Any advice? T-T
...the bat hasn't mutated. :p

Have you tried any of what I posted above? It seemed to help out the person who originally posted this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the handle of the screwdriver that I usually use to change batteries on my tama (it has sort of a soft plastic on the handle I don't wanna scratch my tama) and didn't help... :angry:

Edit:

My Angie is asleep now Ill try again tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back