Tamagotchi at Toyfair 2014

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds very cool indeed. oh ya I don't know the difference between the erupoean version and American version. I live in Canada so I will be getting the American one but I predict it is just the shell designs different?

OMG LOOOOOOOKKKK

10404397_1666094610281756_4244857906606034191_n.png

Today I saw a Tamagotchi Friends advert on television!! ^^ I think I've never seen a Tamagotchi advert before in my country! (Italy) XD
I remember the V1 cm, well, how is it?Hope they made a new cm, Giochi Preziosi usually make different cm instead of using the original ones, the Friends cm is...hm...pretty stupid, I'm Italian but I don't watch tv so I didn't know about the cm

Well, I couldn't really tell if it's "stupid" XD I mean, it's a kids adv: the target seems (only) girls around 9-12 years old. I found it cute ^^ It shows the Tamagotchi Friends and its features like Tamagotchi was something completely new that you aren't supposed to know (eg. it tells you that you have to feed him, play with him ecc... and doesn't say anything like "famous Tamagotchi returns after ___ years!!! OMG kids, do you remember??").

Honestly, I don't know if it's an original Italian cm or it's the UK/USA one, just translated. If you're interested, you can easily watch it on Boing, Rai YoYo, Rai Gulp and other channels for children like those (about channels from 40 to 46 in our TV ;) ).

I can't watch tv, I asked that because I expected a unisex target for the Italian release, I mean, Giochi Preziosi changes some toys who originally had female targets to unisex ones (like Peppa Pig) and they usually make different cms (like Jewelpet).

My petition to change the Italian target just have 1 signature and my Tamagotchi fb pages have more likes :/

Can't understand why GP thinks Peppa Pig is better and more enjoyable of a Tamagotchi, ok, Peppa Pig is a tv series but there are also other tv series that are better (like Pocoyo), Bandai even made Pocoyo toys and they're not available in Italy :/

I'm a nongirly girl, Tamas are unisex (thinking about Aki Maita is dead if she doesn't make anything to make them unisex again) and the Friends cm is worse than the P's ones (I actually like the second one, even if it's too sparkling)

.....and during the 90's/2000's Tamas and other vpets in Italy were more popular as boy toys, because girls usually prefer Barbies, cute dolls and other girly fashion stuff than eletronic toys and videogames ^^" I see more boys with videogame consoles or playing with tablets/smartphones, Tamas are unisex but I think boys would like it more than girls.

Still continuing to get the real target cause GP made different box styles for some Jewelpet stuff, this means they csn change the boxart, they always make new cms, they always make different boxarts for most stuff they release.But GP doesn't even have a customer service :/ I would kill to see a boy saying "why u play with girlz toyz?" to a boy with a Tamagotchi..

About the Italian cm, do they say Tamagocci or Tamagoci?

I don't think GP only thinks about kids, Disney cares about female kids first for Princess movies and fans 5 years ago made a petition to change the Italian title of The Princess and the frog..

Anny, I answered by PM because I think our disussion would be too long and not really interesting for Non-Italian users, since we're talking about something that appearently isn't the same in other countries ;)

Well some look better than others, e.g. Kiramotchi looks nice but Hoshigirltchi's legs look like they melted.

They often distort proportions for Western toys XD That's just the way it is :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They are kinda cute but a bit.... ugly I really hate the body shaping they took tamagotchi and warped the shape.
Well some look better than others, e.g. Kiramotchi looks nice but Hoshigirltchi's legs look like they melted.

They often distort proportions for Western toys XD That's just the way it is :p
I think they had to shape the feet differently so the figures can be freestanding. Also all the figures that have been posted here are female and they are wearing tapered dresses, which is why the bodies are curved in some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back