Tamagotchi Fake Guide

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilystar

Reaction score
Prologue

This is my first tip guide to Tamagotchis. A few weeks ago, I was on a favorite website of mine. A lot of the users were complaining about companies that copied the Tamagotchi without asking. I decided to help fellow Tamagotchi fans and collectors realize that their favorite Tamagotchi might not be a Tamagotchi, but a fake.

Though it may be sad and disappointing, I bring bad news. Many, many fake-maker companies do a very, very good job making their fake toys and could trick the best

Tamagotchi owner. And the thing is that these are sold everywhere. But in the next chapter, we will tell you how to spot a fake.

Let’s read!

You Are There

You are in the store. The dollar store, actually. Your friend has told you that there are awesome Tamagotchis there for cheap. You see them, but do not see the logo. Oh well. You love these. You buy one and begin to play. It only has one game and you can’t name it. The clock is set wrong and the Tamagotchi won’t die. You

sigh. This is a fake.

/\

|

|

Yep. That is what could happen if rumors or gossip gets around that cool ‘real’ Tamagotchis are at dollar stores. This is not true. And before you can object, you will find the v3s at Walgreens, but not Dollar Tree. These companies use the dollar stores as their advantage and try to overcome Bandai.

Don’t let this fool you.

Companies

These are the somewhat mean companies whom take the Tamagotchis. JD is a well known fake-maker company that is held responsible for fake MLPS, Barbies and many others. JD is the one who usually makes v2s and v1s that have no logos or signs, but only a small graphic on the top. A trickier company is SD, an annoying new company opened a while ago.

It is quite annoying to think someone who was lazy got up, wanted some major money and made up come company named SD, practically copying JD’s name.

Then this person toke their junky so-called ‘company’, searched for famous

toys and finally thought, Oh, I’ll copy Tamagotchi and make millions!

This is not right.

He hired random people and drew mish-mash for characters, half copies of Bandai’s most famous characters.

So far, SD and other fake-maker companies has copied v1, v3, v5.5, Tamagotchi + Color and amazingly

created a v7! It’s kind of weird, how companies like that used their own thinking for once. Tee hee. Eiko and KDY also sold ‘New Tamago Watch’, which is probably related to the TamaWatchie.

There are many others out there, still waiting on discovery.

Other Tips And Warnings

Now that you know the companies and things that could happen, it's time we move on to other things, like where to buy fakes! Famous places are Ebay, dollar stores and some online ordering sites. Here is huge warning about Ebay. The members will put up Giga pets and claim they are Tamagotchi Connextions and sell them hugely over price.

Not all people will think the fakes are bad.

Though it's hard to admit, I gurantee that at least one member on this site thinks these Tama fakes are enjoyable.

But others do not like them because poor graphics or copying. Now that you know all the advice, it's time you left this thread. But don't forget to comment!

And remember, check twice before buying an odd looking Tamagotchi.

Once I bought a virtual pet off ebay.It said it was a special triangle tamagotchi.

so don't by tamagotchis if they arent circle/oval!

yeah, I got totally ripped off. A while ago, I put new batteries in it and I saw how gay it was compaired to my v5.

:gozarutchi: :D :D

The whole point is to look CAREFULLY at what you're buying or about to buy. I had a couple of these dollar-store "Tamas" also. I bought them for the buttons, although I kept the only blue one intact. Just watch what you're getting.

yeeahh there really cheap i had a fake v4 it said v9 and it was a farily odd parents/tinkerbell thing the star looked like a wand and they keychain thing fell off plus the egg is too big!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tomato-kun- Fairly Odd Parents and Tinkerbell? It was likely that really wasn't a real tama. Not all of the tama fakes are really that bad, but they are copies.

Magicboa- You are so right.

Katieecob- Wow. What a huge ripoff.

Lilystar- Great guide. I found it so cool and understandable. It's really original. It's a really cool and great guide, as I said before. I hope you keep writing guides this understandable and helpful. I couldn't really know if my tamas were fake, but now I know some tips. Thanks for the info and congrats on the great guide!

Thanks everyone! :D I don't know if I'll do another guide, it depends if I have the time to.

But this guide was really encouraging for me because I helped other people. :wacko:

I hope I helped some other members, even if they didn't tell me.

But... I still don't know if I should write another guide. So I'll have a poll! Please send me a note including the emote of :wub: as to say yes or the emote :rolleyes: as to say no.

See you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back