Tamagotchi fan video game!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiyo! I'm Back :) )

I added some new colors in our current palette because I think it's somewhat limited to some colors :) ) Here it is!

NewPalette_zpsa8e25fa7.png

I've got 3 sprite sheets including Makiko! I've been making her since forever!

TensaitchiJr_zps427e2e03.png

TensaikotchiJr_zps6828b2f1.png

Makiko_zps62efe9b3.png

I finally made a good story for Ringotchi's game. Since the main game is focused on deriving evil, i added the "evil" thing here :) )

Chaos has brought disaster in Ringo town and fresh, juicy apples are going to waste! Ringotchi has attempted to get some of the apples but her major pet peeve is there! Caterpillars! She needs help from his idol, Mametchi! Gather up *30 apples for Ringotchi!

Instructions:

Use the your arrow keys to move left and right. The aim is gather up *30 apples! BUT! Be careful. Do not ever catch caterpillars. It's Ringotchi's pet peeve!

* - May be changed according to EMF's decision.

Hope this is good enough :) )

Hope to see more work from you guys!

This is a very promising idea. owo I like it a lot EMF.

I have to say though, most of these sprites vary in style, and they might look very strange next to each other, since that you know, they are all drawn in different styles and such..

Have you ever considered doing something like WarioWare? That's one way I can see the use of different styles working well.. Examples if you don't know what warioware is owo

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiyo! I'm Back :) )

I added some new colors in our current palette because I think it's somewhat limited to some colors :) ) Here it is!

NewPalette_zpsa8e25fa7.png

I've got 3 sprite sheets including Makiko! I've been making her since forever!

TensaitchiJr_zps427e2e03.png

TensaikotchiJr_zps6828b2f1.png

Makiko_zps62efe9b3.png

I finally made a good story for Ringotchi's game. Since the main game is focused on deriving evil, i added the "evil" thing here :) )

Chaos has brought disaster in Ringo town and fresh, juicy apples are going to waste! Ringotchi has attempted to get some of the apples but her major pet peeve is there! Caterpillars! She needs help from his idol, Mametchi! Gather up *30 apples for Ringotchi!

Instructions:

Use the your arrow keys to move left and right. The aim is gather up *30 apples! BUT! Be careful. Do not ever catch caterpillars. It's Ringotchi's pet peeve!

* - May be changed according to EMF's decision.

Hope this is good enough :) )

Hope to see more work from you guys!
That's kind of a copy of the game on the TMGC+C, in fact it's exactly the same, right down the the number of apples...not sure if BanDai would mind though...

^ I just realized this too...... Maybe change the concept by using the mouse? And instead of caterpillars use rotten apples instead? I don't know. Anyone can change it :) ) This is just my suggestion :) )

Hey Guys! It's me again :) ) Another sprite sheet :) HAPPABOUYATCHI! I mispelled his name though in my sprite sheet. Sorry about that. Here he is!

Happybouyatchi_zps37d85972.png

Hope you guys like it :) )

Hope to see more work from you!

my school just started a coding club, our first project is to make a mini-game, if i could convince my group, would you want us to work on it some?

my school just started a coding club, our first project is to make a mini-game, if i could convince my group, would you want us to work on it some?
You'd have to use the same program she's using and it would be quite complex to add the mini-game into her program, so probably not, unfortunately. However, you could draft a mini-game to see if it works or something, then give programming instructions to EMF. I don't know though.

EDIT - Cosmotchi sprites!
Cosmotchi+Sprites.png

I think it would be too complicated to resize my Himespetchi ones, so now I understand the rules for sizes and colours I can redo them. They should be posted tomorrow.

Lemuritchi said:
Here's a link to a possible song that I made https://soundation.com/user/lemurkick/track/possible-tama-game-song-1 it could be used for a techno level or some sort of mini game, I'll make a couple more songs within a couple days
That's really good! But how do I save it to my computer?

Here's an update, peeps!

Okay, I had to start the game over again because I wrote over the file... Aaaagh! I just named the .gmk file "game" and then I was just praciticing my programming and saved a different file as "game", and when it asked if I wanted to replace the existing file I accidentally clicked yes. Bluuuuhhhhh! Ah well, I suppose it was for the best, as I am now making Tamagotchi: A Tama-Friend in Need a bit fancier than before, and found a way to avoid some glitches. Here are some changes you should know about.

*It doesn't sound like they would, but conversations in the game take way too long to make and are probably boring to read anyway. XD You see, I had it where you have to click the text and it would change the Instance. Then you could click that Instance, and it would change into the next one. Not only would it be too much trouble to create so many Instances, but it was also glitchy and would skip right to the end of the conversation. However, "talking" sprites are still required because characters will still ask for your help, but instead of Mametchi and the character chattering on about it, you just have to click "Yes" or "No".

*To talk to a character, you just have to click on them instead of walking up to them because otherwise, it's very glitchy. I put in an invisible Collision object for the text and yes / no buttons to appear when Mametchi walks up to Kusatchi. However, you couldn't click on the buttons unless you walked away from Kusatchi again because while Mametchi's in contact with the Collision event thingamajig, millions and millions of the same text and buttons appear over each other and it was impossible to make them go away unless you walk away from Kusatchi and clicked one of the buttons.

*To add appeal, I made it so that Mametchi will say stuff when you walk up to certain objects. I can do this with items but not characters because with items you don't have to press any buttons to start a game or anything. (Instead you just have to walk away from the object and the text will disappear.)

*Remember, not only do we need character sprites, but backgrounds for cities and the insides of buildings! The window size is 500 pixels wide and 400 pixels high. Insides of buildings are 400 pixels wide and 300 pixels high, and should be in the center of the window with black space around. Use the palette Supahcow posted if you wish to make buildings and such.

*This game is going to take a long while to finish. ._. So, if it is allowed to post links to downloads of stuff you made, I may post samples and small demos every now and then so you can try out what the game will be like. :)

*All mini-games must give you 5 Tama-Friend Points when you win, and 0 when you lose because Game Maker is sucky when it comes to scoring. Suppose you need 3 more Tama-Friend Points, and you play a game that gives you 7 Tama-Friend Points, it will say you need -4 more Tama-Friend Points. Because the counter needs to say 0 more TF Points to get to the next region, all games are to give you the same number of points so as to avoid this glitch.

*Many characters will appear in game, but some may not have their own mini-games and will just appear in other characters' mini-games. For example, I don't think Shinshitchi will have his own game but he may be in Moriritchi's game.

*We need the following number of songs: 6 different songs for mini-games (to add variety, but if we have a different songs for each game it may take up too much space), a song for each region (I'm not sure how many regions there shall be yet... at least 8, maybe ten), and songs for the main menu, intro, and credits. I have some public domain music, but it's kinda boring. :p I can also compose music, but it sounds lame ^__^;

*Regions to be in the game are Mame City, GuruGuru Town, Patchi Forest, Gozaru Village, Flower Hills, Ura TamaTown, Dream Town, and Vintage Vill (A place I made up, for vintage characters). There may be six characters and three buildings in each region.

I am having trouble deciding which characters should go in what region, but here is what I have so far.
Mame City - Chamametchi, Kuromametchi, Young Mametchi, Chantotchi, Tensaitchi, Mimitchi
GuruGuru Town - Memetchi, Makiko, Imotchi, Kuishinbotchi, ??? ???
Patchi Forest - Kuchipatchi, Guriguritchi, Nachuratchi, ??? ??? ???
Gozaru Village - Gozarutchi, Kunoitchi, Shigurehimetchi, Masktchi ??? ???
Flower Hills - Violetchi, Kizatchi, Uwasatchi, Agetchi, Hanatchi, ???
Ura Tama Town - Ura Mametchi, Ura Young Mametchi, Ura Memetchi, Ura Kuchipatchi, Ura Violetchi, Purimatchi
Dream Town - Yumemitchi, Kiraritchi, Raitotchi, Knightchi, Kiramotchi, Nandetchi
Vintage Vill - Kusatchi, Ginjirotchi, Nyorotchi, Nyatchi, Pipotchi, Bunbuntchi (If he's a vintage), Maskutchi

Other characters to be in the game are Nazotchi, Kikitchi, Watawatatchi, Perotchi, Togetchi, Sunopotchi, Lovelitchi, Melodytchi, Moriritchi, and others but I haven't thought of regions for them... :/ Spacytchi, Pipospetchi, and Akaspetchi will be in the game but they don't really need a region because they're at the end of the game...I hope I didn't spoil anything. xD Himespetchi will be in the game, but she is just in the Himespe spaceship which you can use to go to other regions, save, load, or exit.

Sprites I am using in the game: Just about all of Supahcow's sprites except for Lovelitchi because I already made her, Hayden's Kusatchi, Pipospetchi, and Kikitchi (I just have to resize and recolor them a bit), and some of tamatown 123's sprites, but they look blocky...I shall have to edit them ;) Also, Katsy's Chamametchi is so amaaaazziiiing I have to use it in the game, but maybe just on the main menu or something because it's a different style from the other sprites. I shall also use bigdaddy's Happyburgertchi, but because it's a JPG, it will be hard to use in the game. I'll just fix it so it isn't blurry. ^.^

I really like Supahcow's Gourmetchi and Guriguritchi, did you make sprite sheets for them yet? :eek: (I'm too lazy to look through the whole thread) ^__^;

Now some screenshots.
iny2yw.png

2nak1ax.png

I made some more characters, and remade Mametchi and Violetchi
11lpuma.png
Moriritchi's a bit small X_X

Some Kusatchi poses (for Hayden's sprite)
1zgrm2r.png

Zat eez all fer now, Tama-Friendz!

You used my music without permission!

And you played the songs on the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth!

But I don't mind...just say that you used my music without permission, ok? :)

Spacytchi Pipospetchi and Akaspetchi! NOOOOOOO I LOVE DOSE GUYS!!! Nah its ok, they can evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back