Tamagotchi friends case

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamemmz

Reaction score
Hi everyone so yesterday i got myself a tamagotchi friends, everything was well apart from the dimness of the screen, however i have noticed that when pressed the shell makes alot of plastic creaks. Also one side of it is ever so slightly lifted up, and can be pushed flat with a gentle force. The buttons feel quite soft and they dont always register my presses. Im wondering if i should return it for a different one, or if i will probably experience the same with whatever one i get. Because i hate sending things back, but paying for something new, i expect it to last abit longer than what it has, and toys only deteriorate condition.

what shall i do :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The buttons on mine don't always register either which has resulted in some chubby tamas in the end because I can't play the games efficiently.

I also have damage to mine out of the box, so I'm betting they are mostly all pretty much not...perfect...

=/ It's really sad.

Lol yeah, its not a good feeling is it - buying something new and not being 100 percent happy with it !

i went to argos today and asked for it to be changed, and they rang bandai up (apparently) and they said it was designed like that on purposely :S (i dont see it somehow)

i left my details with argos and they said if it gets worse they will change it for me then

my buttons register most of the time if i use my nails but if i press using my actual thumb it makes the casing creak too much :/

Wow. I don't hear any creaking thankfully but even using my nails does not make them register always =/ Its really frustrating.

"We designed it that way on purpose." say what? ... so...designed it so it creaks and doesn't work right? lol

Haha oh dear, I must really have a bad unit lol.. I'm still not convinced with what argos said .. The creaking is at both sides .. Like if I press on the top side of it .. I may actually either ring bandai myself or go back to argos lmao.. Not like I didn't have my receipt!

Yeah it's a really fun tamagotchi apart from these little flaws! I know I should probably just be happy with having one but I hate things like that :p and once I notice them they niggle at me forever haha xD

Hi everyone so yesterday i got myself a tamagotchi friends, everything was well apart from the dimness of the screen, however i have noticed that when pressed the shell makes alot of plastic creaks. Also one side of it is ever so slightly lifted up, and can be pushed flat with a gentle force. The buttons feel quite soft and they dont always register my presses. Im wondering if i should return it for a different one, or if i will probably experience the same with whatever one i get. Because i hate sending things back, but paying for something new, i expect it to last abit longer than what it has, and toys only deteriorate condition.

what shall i do :(

Haha oh dear, I must really have a bad unit lol.. I'm still not convinced with what argos said .. The creaking is at both sides .. Like if I press on the top side of it .. I may actually either ring bandai myself or go back to argos lmao.. Not like I didn't have my receipt!

Yeah it's a really fun tamagotchi apart from these little flaws! I know I should probably just be happy with having one but I hate things like that :p and once I notice them they niggle at me forever haha xD
Definitely go back to Argos and ask for a new one or for your money back.

Explain that when you came in last time you were told that if it got worse they said they would exchange it for a new unit. You have kept your receipt and you want a refund or exchange because the toy you bought from them is a faulty unit.

Explain the problems - it would be good to provide a handwritten list of the faults (for example):

The shell is not fitted correctly and so it does not line up properly. As a result:

• there's a gap wide enough to allow dust to enter and damage the toy
  • the cover is moving and making creaking noises during game play
The buttons do not work properly

• they don't appear to be making connection with the eletronic circuits beneath the shell
  • this may be related to the shell casing not being lined up or fitting properly
If they won't refund your money so that you can buy a new unit and still won't exchange it ask (very politely) to speak with the Manager in charge so that you can lodge a complaint.

If you feel like they are not helping you, make sure you also ask for the full name of the sales person and what their job title is. It's really important to be polite and not angry or rude towards them. Even if you are asking for a manager's name and the name of the sales assistant to make a complaint.

You need to be in a position where you have been polite and reasonable. You've already made one complaint and they asked you to return if it got worse.

You have done what they asked and now you want an exchange or refund.

It is their responsibility to sell you a toy that works properly. (and no, your're right that toys aren't "made like that on purpose"). But it is possible that a few faulty units leave the factory or distribution centre and make their way into shops and to homes. It's not necessarily the fault of Argos, but it is their responsibility to sell you a toy that's fit for purpose. They are in a much better position to return a faulty unit to their distributor.

Thank you for that ! I will see how I get on tomorrow ! It's a shame because I'll have to start again haha! But it is quite annoying especially when it's new, I would understand if it's like a year old , But it's creaking and it's less than a week old haha :p

here is my shell: you can kinda see the dark areas are where it is raised and can be pushed down

tumblr_nlfast52201uqyx1io2_400.jpg

and when i press the top sides it makes the creaks too

Good news! I got it changed :) Have to start again though but its worth it i guess :D

this one is alot better, the sides dont creak, the buttons dont always register but its better than the other one.

Also i noticed this one is alot brighter and easier too see ! Which is quite surprising considering ive heard most of them are dark xD

Maybe its a wave 2 version? I know the US screens are not hard to see but I saw a video about the UK ones having issues like that so maybe the second wave of releases fixed it!? Anyhow I'm glad it isn't creaking now.

Tamagotchi Friends are known to be badly made. They sometimes have scratches, etc. right out of the box.

When I took the top off my tamagotchi hi friends, they had different types of tape holding them down. One was more like a 3rd tape and another with flat two-sided tape. That has some effect on the buttons and where the tape is. Helps if you move the tape and use double sided.

One of mine came with a dust particle under the screen that very noticeable...and scratches on the sides on the case from what I assume to be the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back