Tamagotchi Friends ... Worst Version Yet?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Tamagotchi Friends is bad at all I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, and I usually favor color screens. I honestly don't know what everyone is complaining about. I know it's not jam packed like the Tamagotchi P's but it's a cute fun Tamagotchi that I can finally buy in stores. Maybe everyone's being a bit to picky.
For me I love it, just the materials it was used that's all :p

I am enjoying them. As I would like items, the jewels is a different (nice) thing. Maybe if we get the store deka, maybe something will be "in store" for us. Pun not intended... Lol. Maybe it will add a store, a toy store, a depa... Etc?

Well, a thing to consider. They also tried the new bumping thing. Brand new to the TF exclusively. Hence also a test? Either to direct a possiblity to those colors people want so badly to be IR or Bump feature. IR is old but easier/cheaper then bump feature. But bump feature is still a new thing starting in phones, the necktag things and is starti to be popular.

I saw the Tamagotchi Friends toy on the Toys R Us website for the USA. Is it out here yet? I looked at the reviews and it looks like a mixed bag. I wonder if the USA release will have better quality.

I saw the Tamagotchi Friends toy on the Toys R Us website for the USA. Is it out here yet? I looked at the reviews and it looks like a mixed bag. I wonder if the USA release will have better quality.
Yes, it's out at a lot of TRU stores! I can vouch for that. I bought 2 TFs at one yesterday ;)

Thanks. Luckily I called down there and they said they didn't have any in stock. Didn't have to go and get let down.
Um, I went into my TRU and at the front desk they said they weren't in stock, but then lo and behold I went and looked myself and they had them! Please don't go by what they tell you over the phone/at the store, because it's not always correct.

I think that Tamagotchi Friends is a step down in the franchise, but not the worst Tamagotchi. In terms of functionality, the original tamagotchi (g1 and g2) loses this match. It was the one who started all, but de to this they have limited options and today are more like a small treasure for collectors than a playable toy.

I decided to get a TF after all. Now I just have to find the blue one I want. TRU didn't have one. I wonder if it and the T4U will be able to connect since they both use NFC?

I was wondering too: it wouldn't be a bad idea, exspecially since TF doesn't have thousands of features after all, and by now is only capable to connect with another "itself". I think I'm not the only one that dislikes buying twice a thing just because you can't have all features otherwise :(

Although the Tamagotchi Friends is completely different than what I'm used to (the old v1 and so on), I'm still enjoying it! The bad part about the device for me is that I can't stick it in my pocket and hide it like I used to during schooltime, but that's okay... I found a solution for that ;) I just throw it in my backpack until class is over with and then play afterwards.

I was wondering too: it wouldn't be a bad idea, exspecially since TF doesn't have thousands of features after all, and by now is only capable to connect with another "itself". I think I'm not the only one that dislikes buying twice a thing just because you can't have all features otherwise :(
I know how you feel, this version kinda forces you to buy two to get all the features... the worse thing is that to get himespetchi you need to have two of them, and she is one of the 3 females I don't dislike in this version :(

I highly doubt the 4U will connect with the TF, Japan didn't get the TF so there's no reason for them to make the two versions connect.

I know how you feel, this version kinda forces you to buy two to get all the features... the worse thing is that to get himespetchi you need to have two of them, and she is one of the 3 females I don't dislike in this version :(

I highly doubt the 4U will connect with the TF, Japan didn't get the TF so there's no reason for them to make the two versions connect.
Yeah, you're probably right. Just a thought.

This is good info because I didn't get one yet and I don't think i'm going to. Honestly i don't know why they are making the new tamagotchis so big! It hurts when i put one on a lanyard strap and carry it around! Opinions are always good!

The problem about Tamagotchis such as the Friends is that they make the Tamagotchi bigger, but they don't make the screen bigger. I'd like to have a bigger screen due to the fact that the screens aren't that big.

Am I the only one who likes them being bigger? I mean they feel A LOT better in hands, I don't know if I just have big hands but connection/vintages are a lot harder to hold and play with, at least to me :huh:

I know being bigger makes it harder to carry them around, but they also look and feel better, one must suffer to be beautiful (?)

Japanese Tamagotchis have the same size screen also; why is it people only direct these kinds of complaints at the TF when JP Tamagotchis have the same flaws?
I said such AS the Friends, I'm including Japanese Tamagotchis as well (I just said the Friends so I wouldn't be off topic). :p

Am I the only one who likes them being bigger? I mean they feel A LOT better in hands, I don't know if I just have big hands but connection/vintages are a lot harder to hold and play with, at least to me :huh:

I know being bigger makes it harder to carry them around, but they also look and feel better, one must suffer to be beautiful (?)
Couldn't agree more. When I was little, the V4 always used to fall on my face because I was trying to hold it upwards while I was lying on my bed. I don't even carry them around much, I just put them in a bag. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaaaaarrrgh!!! NO!! Himespetchi requires 2 TF?? T_______T

I honestly am starting to doubt too about the connection: it would be too kind for Bandai's usual style! XD I'm a bit upset they completely ignore how much the Japanese TMGC products sell even in Western Countries and I also think that there might be a discrete amount of Japanese fans that collect tamagotchis, maybe even ordering from Internet the West-only ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back