Tamagotchi G2/P2 - Screen glitches

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldie

Reaction score
I got a G2/P2 a little more than a year ago, it was working fine at first but then random black lines began to appear, so I quit playing with it. Today I looked at it and turned it on and the screen glitches reappeared, but now sometimes the whole screen turns black. I found that pushing hard on the back makes the screen turn to normal, but does anyone know what could be wrong? Could it be the Tamagotchi or the batteries?

I was thinking that too. D; Either that, or the battery door isn't pushing the batteries in hard enough.

If the batteries lose contact, the Tamagotchi will reset back to an egg, so I don't think it's that.

I'm guessing the connection between the circuit board and the screen is bad. Normally they're connected by a conductive rubbery material. If someone has had it apart, some dirt may have contaminated the contacts. Pressing on it, would squish the rubbery material around the contamination, allowing it to make contact. Even if it hasn't been taken about, the problem could be caused by a similar cause - corrosion on the contacts going to the screen.

Well sometimes it's the type of LR44 battery.

The one you want is a CR0032 battery size. (Like energizer)

What I found also works is a DL0032... Same thing, thicker. So maybe try that. (Like Duracell)

Otherwise, tape it in on the inside firmly. Make sure the tape is not touching any of the "silver bumps" or wire....

Well, I couldn't get batteries today and I probably won't get any until the ones I have run out, so I found a temporary solution.

I tried taping the batteries down to hold them in, but that still wouldn't work, so I taped a lot of tiny pieces of tape over the little holes on the battery door. The door was a tight fit, but my Tamagotchi's screen looks fine. :huh: Hopefully new batteries will work, otherwise I'll just have that messy tape inside of my tama. XD

Thanks for your information binary and thanks for the battery help, SailorRosette!

;) Have you ever opened up the Tamagotchi to reveal the internal parts? I took apart my P2 recently and found that if the casing screws weren't screwed on tight enough I'd get lines though the screen... I tightened the screws and Poof!~ the problem was gone.... Your problem seems so similar to my problem... it might just work. I also could temporarily alleviate the problem by squeezing the back and front together.... I hope this helps!!!

:blink: Have you ever opened up the Tamagotchi to reveal the internal parts? I took apart my P2 recently and found that if the casing screws weren't screwed on tight enough I'd get lines though the screen... I tightened the screws and Poof!~ the problem was gone.... Your problem seems so similar to my problem... it might just work. I also could temporarily alleviate the problem by squeezing the back and front together.... I hope this helps!!!
Wow, yours seems really similar to mine! Once my Tamagotchi goes away I will try tightening the internal screws. I did take it apart but I never thought of that. Thanks for the idea!

Hmm, sounds strange. I've never had it on my P1, but your description is somewhat reminiscent of a P1/P2 evolving. Black strips && all that.

Wow, yours seems really similar to mine! Once my Tamagotchi goes away I will try tightening the internal screws. I did take it apart but I never thought of that. Thanks for the idea!
:) Yeah, if you took it apart definitely try tightening the internal screws...they need to be tighter than I'd like to think it needs... just that eeensy bit of space that the back casing causes when it's not on there very well is enough cause too much space between the battery and the battery contacts. Which doesn't give the circuit board enough power to display properly.... When it happened to me I thought that I had really broken the thing....

;.;

Let me know if it works!! :D

Latest posts

Back