Tamagotchi Glitch List!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a poll for fun: Do you connect your Tamagotchi?

• DUH! Are you outta your mind? Of COURSE I do! It's a 'CONNECT-a-mundo'!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Yes, I do connect every now and then but I don't do it often.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • When I'm bored I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, there's nobody to connect with.

• How do you connect? What's connecting?

• All my Tamagotchi are old Tamagotchi so they can't connect.

• NEVER! NEVER! NO AND I PROBABLY WON'T EVER CONNECT AGAIN!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I wanted to make a glitch list and how to solve them. Some I don't know how to solve, so you can contribute if I know! Some aren't glitches, some are just random questions.
Q: My Tamagotchi is 3 years old and still a baby?!

A: If you leave your Tamagotchi on the "name" screen for a few days, the age will be how many days you left it for. It will grow regularly (thanks chocosilver!).

Q: How do you un-debug your Tamagotchi?

A: Open it up and erase the pencil marks in the Tamagotchi.

Q: Why is there an X on my screen?

A: The battery is low. Buy a new one or take the old one out (people say you need to put it in the fridge but you actually don't really have to). When the old one's out for a time you can put it back in and your Tamagotchi SHOULD work perfectly.

Q: What's the growth process?

A: Baby for an hour. Child for a day (24hr unpaused time), Teen for 3-4 days (72hr unpaused time). Finally, adult until it marries and has a baby or until it dies of old age.

Q: Why is there a ball in my snack section?

A: The ball sometimes appears when your Tamagotchi v3 dies and you hold A+C. You can feed the Tamagotchi the ball and usually nothing bad will happen but I have heard somewhere that it can FREEZE up your Tamagotchi :ph34r:

Q: I dropped my Tamagotchi in water and now it's going crazy!

A: ???

Q: My Tamagotchi keeps resetting itself!

A: ???

Q: My Tama's pixels got all weird and they had messed up for a few seconds!

A: It could be a reaction to a sort of heat. Move away from any heat source. If you aren't near any heat source, reset and download.

Q: I have a teenager that's 0 years old?!

A: Resetting and downloading can stuff up the ageing process. Inside is a little "clock" that, after 24 hours tells the Tamagotchi to age once more, I think. When you reset and download, you have reset the clock too. Your Tamagotchi will stay the same age but will not age too quickly now. I've had a 0 year old Ichigotchi.
For that question, 'my tama keeps resetting itself' i have an answer. it happened to my brother's one. With his one the button had just got stuck so it went crazy and reset loads of times! In the end we just bought him a new one. how long have the people in question had theirs? his was a few months old.

i dont know if this is a glitch but whenever my tama goes to sleep before i turn the lights off it shows the action figure in the top corner of the screen?
It' snot a glitch. If you play with the action figure (boy or doll (girl) everyday your tama will sleep with it. AWWW!

Oh yeah, and for the water one open up your Tamagotchi and put your Tamagotchi near a hair dryer on low heat to dry.

Ahh, her Tamagotchi! Here's a link:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/dan...noconnexion.jpg

It's disassembled. You can see the connexion's "Debug". I've circled it in red. As you can see, it's not in the place where it is on Connection or Plus.
o_o That Tama looks like it's been run over by a truck or something....

Q: Why is there a ball in my snack section?A: The ball sometimes appears when your Tamagotchi v3 dies and you hold A+C. You can feed the Tamagotchi the ball and usually nothing bad will happen but I have heard somewhere that it can FREEZE up your Tamagotchi
Yea, this happened to my friend once. It was on a V3. It had just died or something, so she reset it, but she gave it a different username from before. When she went to the book icon and to sacks, the first thing there was the beach ball thing. Whenever she went to it, the Tama froze and she had to reset it again. I think that when she changed back to the old username it worked right again.

I also have this glitch to report: If you debug a V1, the last character in it is a glitchblock character. Much fun. It moves when it's paused.

There's also this: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=74438

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought my tamagotchi and needed to put a new battery in about a week. put a brand new one in, then a few days later i got that X again and put in ANOTHER new battery, and then ONE day later, i got that X again. that makes 3 replaced batteries in less than 2 weeks. has this happened to anyone? :D

no, this didnt happen 2 me, but maybe u got bad batteries ?

i dont know if this is a glitch but whenever my tama goes to sleep before i turn the lights off it shows the action figure in the top corner of the screen?
That's just your tama sleeping with it's favourite toy, like a kid would sleep with their teddy bear.

Any ways, the "I dropped my tama in water thing.", I know it's been answered, but alot of times that's not enough. I would say you take it apart carfully and let it dry over night, don't just take the batterie out. Then piece it back together the way it was. It should work just fine.

You know how we said b4 that downloading and resetting can stuff up the aging process? well, does anyone know how to make it work again?

And, does your tamagotchi have to be a certain number or years old b4 it can have a child, or can it just be an adult?

Pleas answer! :wub:

How can you get the discipline thing to work? Mine hardly ever comes up and I end up with horrible characters.Is there some way of making it to come on? Also I watched my Tama for a full hour and it did nothing.Have I got the worlds most boring Tama?Any cheats for loads of praise/time out? ;) ;) ;)

If you have poo in your shop the best thing to do is not to buy it. The poo in the shop is usually VERY glitchy.

To my knowledge, the ageing process thing I said is IRREVERSIBLE. Do it at your own risk, probably if you want a really cool 0 year old adult.

Alliebee, try turning on the sound. Check this topic: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=75213

With the batteries, sometimes new batteries can be bum batteries. Some of the things you could do are turning the sound off and not connecting.

And no, the Tamagotchi was not run over by a truck it was simply smashed... I smashed it up more today. It's broken open and probably will not close.

And, does your tamagotchi have to be a certain number or years old b4 it can have a child, or can it just be an adult?
after it became adult, it takes 1 or 2 days more before it can get child

a teddy bear came up to my screen on my tamagotchiV1 before...then it blanked out :wub:

heres 1!!!

Q:my tamagochi thinks im always pressing a,b, or c!!(buttons.)

A: you proboply played with it with wet fingers. let it sit for about a day without playing with it and it should work fine.

I hope this helps fellow tama freaks out there. this happened to me, with the a button, and I almost had a heart attack! ^__^

:p :D B)

Last edited by a moderator:
a teddy bear came up to my screen on my tamagotchiV1 before...then it blanked out :D
Maybe you mean Mametchi, walking up the screen to you, and then the battery was loose so it just... blanked out... Or maybe it was old. I've had mine for other a year though and it's still working fine!

Glitch 1: On the parents list, my tama's parent appears 2 times!!!
(Don't know how to fix...)
I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you, it's never happened to me.

Here's a new glitch: I GOT MEMETCHI ON FIRST GENERATION!

Not a bad glitch, I personally like Memetchi, but why? I think it's just a slight programming mistake.

r u on 2nd gen, soon ?

do u get odd-gen-charas on even gens, too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back