Tamagotchi iD L in English

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for replying superdonut! I've read the whole thread first before buying and I am really excited!! (and broke lol) I told the guy you were my friend because I also live in Canada (TO) and I asked him why was your price lower. hahaha! but I felt guilty and I paid the $83 CAD instead. LOL! I just got my ID L Princess Spacey from Japan today.

Is the whole interface of that and the regular ID L the same? I got the yellow one of the ID L E :)
As far as I know, it seems exactly the same! The only thing that is different, I pointed out... which is the missing names. I wonder if they just couldn't figure out how to translate it, or thought it wasn't worth it. I make both my tamas do the same thing as the same time, and they are usually in sync perfectly~ hahaha~ I also got my Japanese one married to my English one, and now I'm raising two girls.

I wonder if that guy will get a lot of international sales now~ I don't think he is trying to jip you on the shipping... if I had bought just one, the total would've been about $78 CAN, so $5 more is really not that bad... he probably saw that shipping was a bit more than expected~ I'm also glad you read the posts first before buying, so you knew what to expect! ^__^

Haha! I told him that he is currently being promoted on our forums LOL!! He seems happy about it and he shipped my tama right away just after I bought if from him. LOL!! How long did you wait for your tamas to get there? Where are you also located in Canada? I'm from Toronto :3

I live in Calgary and it came super fast!! It certainly came before the counter predicted! I think it was just under a week! Also, usually if a package doesn't come during the day (before 5pm) I have to wait the next day and see if it will come... but I actually got mine at 7:30 at night! It was really weird to get a package at that time, but so convenient since I was at home~

I live in Calgary and it came super fast!! It certainly came before the counter predicted! I think it was just under a week! Also, usually if a package doesn't come during the day (before 5pm) I have to wait the next day and see if it will come... but I actually got mine at 7:30 at night! It was really weird to get a package at that time, but so convenient since I was at home~
Haha! I told him that he is currently being promoted on our forums LOL!! He seems happy about it and he shipped my tama right away just after I bought if from him. LOL!! How long did you wait for your tamas to get there? Where are you also located in Canada? I'm from Toronto :3
What is your sellers name?

Yeah, I know... they don't send you any confirmation... but the thing is, they don't charge you until you get the package!
Can you tell me the name of the person you spoke to and also how was it that you were able to not get billed until you received the product? Like did you have to do anything special for that or was that just because you talked to the right person?

I have promised money coming in a few days but I was getting so impatient that when I read this it was like a little "your good to go order ahead" light bulb but then I went to order and I had made an account but after that I was super confused.

Can you tell me the name of the person you spoke to and also how was it that you were able to not get billed until you received the product? Like did you have to do anything special for that or was that just because you talked to the right person?

I have promised money coming in a few days but I was getting so impatient that when I read this it was like a little "your good to go order ahead" light bulb but then I went to order and I had made an account but after that I was super confused.
I just linked the seller in my previous post... The site is similar to ebay, but instead, they take payment when you confirm you've received the package. While ordering it, I made several posts about it, so it's useful to go through this thread and really study up if you wanna buy it~ Haha~ But I'm here to help you out if you need it~

When translated by Google Chrome (the translation is odd and funny) "first-class food material" that's the seller's name. LOL.

I just linked the seller in my previous post... The site is similar to ebay, but instead, they take payment when you confirm you've received the package. While ordering it, I made several posts about it, so it's useful to go through this thread and really study up if you wanna buy it~ Haha~ But I'm here to help you out if you need it~
Ok well my boyfriend has been trying to figure this out like for and hour and I read all your posts and you said that once you made an account it didn't ask for your phone number but I'm logged in and it's still asking and it also keeps saying it's incorrect or something, same with the address and name. Here's what I'm talking about (except for some odd reason this time the address worked but maybe that's because I didn't include the country this time but then how are they supposed to know what country i'm in?):

dyraiv.png

obviously I blacked out my info but I'm in desperate need of help :/

When entering your street address, you can't put City, State/province or anything like that... it must be JUST the street address... so that's why I had to contact the seller to make sure he had the full address. Also, for the phone number, you need area code first, then phone number, and then ext... well, like it says. I don't know if it's the same for you, but I know that my extension is 1. So that seemed to work... BTW, I don't think the phone number is really mandatory. Hopefully that helps you out :T

I think this Taobao seller is charging ridiculous price for shipping now. I have relatives in China, and I know for international express shipping (whether DHL, EMS, or similar), it's usually around ~150 RMB for something the size/weight of the ID L. The fact that this seller is charging more than double for shipping is kind of unreasonable/greedy(?) to me, I don't know if it's their tactic to rip foreigners off but I know it's an issue I've experienced in the past with Taobao sellers. I live in Toronto as well and when I bought it from another seller it was 158 RMB shipped from the same location (in this case, 广东广州 or Guangzhou, Guangdong Province to Toronto) via DHL.

Just wanted to point it out in case anyone is wondering about the ridiculous shipping cost!

When entering your street address, you can't put City, State/province or anything like that... it must be JUST the street address... so that's why I had to contact the seller to make sure he had the full address. Also, for the phone number, you need area code first, then phone number, and then ext... well, like it says. I don't know if it's the same for you, but I know that my extension is 1. So that seemed to work... BTW, I don't think the phone number is really mandatory. Hopefully that helps you out :T
Oh well I understand now for the street address but Nothing I do about the name or phone number works, I put in my number with the area code, and also with the extension, and I also tried leaving it blank, but it still says the same thing :/

How did you contact the seller?

Edit: I found the IM to contact the seller but they aren't online, and I figured out the issue with the phone number but ended up having to use my boyfriend's name (idk why?) but 41 USD FOR SHIPPING IS REDICULOUS ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

I'm going to try and have a word with the seller before I click anything else!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? That is awesome!! You got it off of E-bay? Hmm.....I'd like to have one like yours! ( Since I don't speak Japanese and I really want one. ) Will you send photos of your Tamagotchi iD? It seems really interesting!!

Practically drooling over these pictures guys! =W= This new release is very exciting news for all of us. I'm so stoked!

The white packaging looks so pretty and refreshing ( at least, I think it's much nicer than the Japanese one ) and the English is quite a lot more decent than I imagined. ^__^

Pink would be my first choice, but the green doesn't look so bad either... I'd probably go for purple though, so I wonder how that would look in person. >;o

( I would love to read a log about one of these by the way! :D )

I wonder why the shipping is so much now... $40 CAN.... maybe it really does cost that much, and he made a mistake on my shipping? :T Or maybe he's discouraging international sales? That's unfortunate :/ I only paid about $22 CAN for the two to be shipped here....

Yeah, looks like the seller's trying to gouge us on the shipping, now. EMS from China to the USA is not that much for such a small, lightweight item.

I found another seller on taobao who is selling their's for 58 USD but it said free shipping. I messaged them asking if they ship overseas and I also added that I would be willing to pay 140 yuan (about 22 USD) for shipment to the US. I also sent a message to the seller that superdonut and everyone else here seems to be buying from asking if he could lower the shipping price because it seems rather unreasonable. But since it's like midnight over there, I'm going to have to wait a bit for a reply lol.

Yeah, really... don't know what shipping should be from there to North America, but $40 does seem a bit much... I hope that seller helps you out~

On a side note, today is my birthday, and both my Tamas had their birthday signs up. At one point, the Japanese one played the Happy Birthday song for me... while the English one played the music that plays when you get a happy sticker... haha... wonder why the English one omitted the Happy Birthday song....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back