Tamagotchi iD L in English

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what types of credit card they accept? I couldn't see any of that information. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only payment method I've seen so far is AliPay (a Chinese PayPal-like equivalent), but I think there would be at least MC/VISA support.

I'm still finding my way around the site.

I only paid $68 CAN each tama... I dunno... but then again, shipping was only 145 yuan... And yes, they accept Mastercard and other creditcards. When you pay for it, it gives you all the AliPay methods, but there are other tabs you can click for various ways to pay... I think you can also pay using Paypal, but don't quote me on that. I used Mastercard to pay.

Wow... I tried to kind of purchase another to see the shipping... I wonder why the shipping is so high~! Or maybe the guy I ordered from was nicer or something.... Because I accidentally paid for shipping as if I lived in China... so he contacted me asking me for more, since I live in Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only paid $68 CAN each tama... I dunno... but then again, shipping was only 145 yuan... And yes, they accept Mastercard and other creditcards. When you pay for it, it gives you all the AliPay methods, but there are other tabs you can click for various ways to pay... I think you can also pay using Paypal, but don't quote me on that. I used Mastercard to pay
How did you set your address? It doesn't let you select a country, just 'Overseas'. And seeing from the screenshot I got above, I'll be charged 185 yuan instead of 145. Is yours from a different seller?

How did you set your address? It doesn't let you select a country, just 'Overseas'. And seeing from the screenshot I got above, I'll be charged 185 yuan instead of 145. Is yours from a different seller?
When I first entered in my info, it asked for my address, and the only option for Country, city, etc, was to select overseas. I kept trying to write my full address including my city and province, but it kept denying it. So I just did what was allowed and continued along. Then, when it came to payment, and I entered my Mastercard and everything, it asked again for address, and this time I was able to select Country, city, province... And then it was good.

Afterwards, I was still concerned whether they would get my address right, so I kept trying to contact the seller, when I noticed the IM service they have on the site... The seller was already trying to talk to me. He was asking me what Country I was from, and I gave him my full address again, just in case... then we settled the shipping, which he only asked for an additional 130yuan (because I accidentally only paid 15yuan).... Anyways... it sounds a bit confusing... believe me, I was confused... Hahaha~

Something odd I noticed in the video....

It seems that everything is in English, but when they go to the Tama Depa and look at the vacuum and things, it's in English.

However, in the inventory, the vacuum and mop are in Japanese.

Could it be possible that it was transferred over via a Japanese iD L and keep it's Japanese name, or could be part of the programming?

Something odd I noticed in the video....

It seems that everything is in English, but when they go to the Tama Depa and look at the vacuum and things, it's in English.

However, in the inventory, the vacuum and mop are in Japanese.

Could it be possible that it was transferred over via a Japanese iD L and keep it's Japanese name, or could be part of the programming?
According to the video uploader, the items in Japanese labels were transferred via IR from a Japanese iD L, hence the Japanese labels.

I showed my iD L to my sister today, and she just loves it~ She told me that if it was in English, she'd snatch it and run away with it... I didn't tell her that I bought two English ones for us, nor did I mention anything about there being an English version... 1. Because I really want to surprise her~ and 2. Just in case, for some reason, it's the original Japanese one, at least I didn't get her hopes up. But I'm pretty sure these are the english ones, and I really can't wait to receive them and surprise her with one~ :D

wait if there are now english id l's then wouldnt there be like a file or something that we can send over to the japan id l or would we just have to buy the english V cuz i love my id l and i want it to be english

@superdonut

When you were ordering it and it asked you for your phone number, what did you do? Mine keeps saying I need an extension number and I have no idea what that is. For example I put: 123-456-7890 123 is the area code,and 456-7890 is the 10 digit number.

@superdonut

When you were ordering it and it asked you for your phone number, what did you do? Mine keeps saying I need an extension number and I have no idea what that is. For example I put: 123-456-7890 123 is the area code,and 456-7890 is the 10 digit number.
Create an account so you'll skip out on it.

I just purchased my White English Tamagotchi iD L (or iDLE as I like to refer to it as). :D

Including shipping and commission fees and such, it's going to cost me a total of about $65 AUD, which really isn't all that bad; in fact it's cheaper than what I purchased my Japanese iD L for. Judging by the time indication that I've been given, it should be here sometime next month. I'm hoping for early September, but I have a feeling that it's going to be closer to Mid/Late September.

I'm really excited! When it arrives, I plan to take a bunch of photos and record some videos, as well as doing some comparisons between the English and Japanese iD L releases and conducting various connection experiments. I also plan to log my progress over on Tama-Zone. Looking forward to when this gem arrives! :)

lucky! mine would be $99 including shipping (from taobao)....

Dear English iD L's,

come to ebay already!!!!!!!

<3 steenie

Maybe someone with loads of money buy em off of Tabao, and sell em on Ebay... or maybe someone should tell that Taobao guy that he could get some sales on Ebay... haha~

And to spacytchi, ichiro.malfoy is right~ That's one of the reasons I was so frustrated - because it just did not accept my phone number. If you create an account first, you should be fine. When I paid with Mastercard, I think they asked for my phone number again, but it didn't have any problems there.

That's great news! Did you order from the Chinese site?
I used a Taobao Agent to purchase from Taobao.com. I probably searched a dozen different middleman services' websites before I finally found one that was both in English and accepted Paypal, and it was also really straightforward and easy. Like others have experienced, there was also a message system so I could talk to the person who was dealing with my order. Local shipping was about 10 Yuan, fees were about 30 Yuan and international shipping from Hong Kong to Australia is $3.50 USD, so it's really not too bad at all. Better still, the site also gives tracking information and order/item status, so you know exactly where your item is and what processes it's going through. At the moment, my middleman service has purchased the iD L and is awaiting it to arrive at their warehouse. It should take about 3-5 days to get there, then I need to pay for international shipping, and they will then send it to me via China Post Airmail, and it should get here in 15-25 days after that. But Australia isn't really that far from Hong Kong in the scheme of things, so it should get here closer to 15, I would think. :)

hello so im gonna order a english 1 so exited but i tryed to order i made a account but now im trying to buy but it still needs my phone # please help

I have some good news; it turns out that the original 3-5 days that the middleman service estimated was inaccurate, and it arrived yesterday, after only 1 day! (I would assume this would vary depending on how many items you purchased and how far away the seller was from the middleman, but I guess it just worked out well this time). I've payed the international shipping fee (only about $5), and it should be here by Mid-September. So excited!

Although I must admit, I'd forgotten to factor in the PayPal fees, so my actual total is closer to $75 AUD, not $65 AUD, but that's still not too bad in comparison to what's coming up on eBay now, and some of the other deals that other middleman services were offering (taking the total up to $80+ AUD). I'll be sure to keep everyone on TamaTalk updated on the progress of the iD L! I'll also post the link to the middleman site once I've received my item (I want to make sure that everything is 100% successful before I start recommending the site to others). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back