Tamagotchi JP 2016 release speculations

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igel-Fullmetal

Reaction score
I am a big fan of both Pokemon and Tamagotchi, and I heard they are doing big things over at the Pokemon side this year. Monthly legendary distributions, digitally remastered movies, 3DS ports of red/blue/yellow, and, presumably, a new main series Pokemon game. They are doing all this because it's pokemon's 20th birthday.

All this got me realize, oh yeah, this year is Tamagotchi's 20th birthday too. Seeing as the 4u is going to be 2 years old this year as well, I think we are in store for something new, and presumably, something big.

What do you guys think? What kind of surprise are we in for this year? What are you hoping for this hypothetical new tama?

A color tama (in english) release and a new tamagotchi website! Kinda like tamatown. The tama would be like the connection series, but with elements from modern series. Like dream school!

I hope that the new ones will be released at target or walmart or something popular like that. A lot of people at my school absolutely adore my tamas and wish they had some. I tell them to look it up on eBay, but we all know well, IT'S NOT THE SAME. -_- :p :( :angry:

Here's a topic that has some nice ideas:

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/192796-what-kind-of-tamagocthi-device-would-you-make/?view=getnewpost

A colour tama in English would be nice, but I doubt it will happen. There just isn't enough traction for sales. Nowhere around me even stocks Tamas - the last I saw were the V6s and a couple of Tama-Gos a few years ago. God, I don't even remember the last time I even saw a child with a Tamagotchi. When I was little they were everywhere.

But completely hypothetically and enthusiastically, a colour Tamagotchi in English that has all the features of the Japanese versions, with lots of interesting characters and interactions. And "holiday" type things similar to Animal Crossing. And a new website would be great, too - for the time that the V6 TamaTown was up, it was very fun to play. MMORPG TamaTown please Bandai.

I also kind of wish they would have a year where they produced all the old tamas again with new shells - so you could go to the shop and find V1s, V2s, etc.

I also kind of wish they would have a year where they produced all the old tamas again with new shells - so you could go to the shop and find V1s, V2s, etc.
Yes!! I absolutely love the V4.5 shell designs! Even if they were $20-25 USD I would still buy them. I think it would be cool if they started selling angel and devilgotchis again. Maybe have pair deals where you could get both of them for a certain amount. My favorite series is definitely connection series, but vintage is close behind (even though I have 0 vintage tamagotchis... I'm trying to get an angel ^_^ ).

I know y'all are thinking, "No! Bandai will never do that! I have lost hope!"

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! DREAM BIG, 'CAUSE WE'RE ALL CHILDREN AT HEART!!!!! :D :D :D

You guys often forget that it's Japan, and its unlikely that it will be in English... Releasing it in the West would be a waste of money, considering the TamaGo, Friends and Dream Town flopped despite their semi low prices.

You guys often forget that it's Japan, and its unlikely that it will be in English... Releasing it in the West would be a waste of money, considering the TamaGo, Friends and Dream Town flopped despite their semi low prices.
I specifically said japan in my OP. At this point, I am not really expecting anything of quality to come out of Bandai US.

A color tama (in english) release and a new tamagotchi website! Kinda like tamatown.
i know this is party pooper-ish, but isn't this topic about the japanese release? sure, a color english release + tamatown would be amazing, but after the failure of the Friends & LIFE most people aren't really expecting much from Bandai America and SyncBeatz.

---

speaking of distributions, i'd love to see maybe some more touch spot content for both kiosks and the 4U app. 4U cover plates and touch cards relating to the 20th anniversary would definitely work too!

Because Bandai owns the Digimon IP, wouldn't Tamagotchi and Pokemon technically be competitors, what with Digimon being a derivative of Tamagotchi?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a crossover between the two. I think it would be beneficial to both brands. I just don't know if the corporate side would be on board. But anything could happen!

This year is also the 15th, 20th, or 30th anniversary for a lot of Nintendo IPs. If Nintendo and Tamagotchi were to collaborate in some way, I would love that. But again, I don't know if Pokemon would be seen as an obstacle since it's Nintendo-exclusive. They may feel like they have loyalty to Gamefreak or The Pokemon Company

Although Bandai did make the latest Super Smash Bros. game... it's complicated. :unsure:

good point! and btw, another topic said they might come out with a color english vesion .... so, we're not forgetting anything.
If I remember, Bandai reps aren't too trustworthy either as it could just be a rumour. One said that Friends were going to be available at TJ Maxx and Marshalls but those never appeared. Overall I think a grain of salt should be taken when processing rumours, even when straight from a representative.

I want something with a decent amount of built-in content and various characters from multiple eras, including ones who have never been on a color-screen Tamagotchi before. I really want Imotchi to be a raisable character!

I also hope Bandai has been secretly working on another Tamagotchi movie that they'll announce or release on Tamagotchi's anniversary.

Very good discussion here, so I figured that I'd drop my two cents in.

Right now, the only thing I fully expect gameplay wise for the next Tamagotchi to keep the 4U screen size and NFC, but to also include more raisable characters and bring the teen growth stage back - in fact, I'm expecting close to (If not the same amount as) the number of characters featured on the iD L and P's to be built in, but I don't see them surpassing the iD L's grand total of 48 characters (4 babies, 6 toddlers, 6 teens, 32 adults) just yet. It should be noted that the main reason that most people didn't enjoy the 4U and 4U+ so much as compared to those (Myself included in this group) is because of the lack of built in characters and the EXTREME reliance on the Touch Spots and the Android app... and because the latter requires very specific NFC hardware to work with the 4U properly, we all know how that turned out. With this year being the 20th Anniversary, I highly expect at least a few vintage characters who we haven't seen in a while (Ginjirotchi, vintage Masktchi, Nyorotchi, and Tarakotchi being the most likely for obvious reasons) to be part of the built-in raisable lineup. I don't expect a fan vote like they did for the 15th anniversary though, considering that we're due for a new version to begin with.

This year is also the 15th, 20th, or 30th anniversary for a lot of Nintendo IPs. If Nintendo and Tamagotchi were to collaborate in some way, I would love that. But again, I don't know if Pokemon would be seen as an obstacle since it's Nintendo-exclusive. They may feel like they have loyalty to Gamefreak or The Pokemon Company
Although Bandai did make the latest Super Smash Bros. game... it's complicated. :unsure:
As you said, I highly doubt they'll do something with Pokemon because Digimon (Unless of course there are plans involving them that they're keeping their mouths shut about for now - next year is Digimon's 20th anniversary, after all)... but any other Nintendo franchise can and likely will get something for the Tamagotchi 20th. Super Mario Bros being the most likely for two reasons...

#1 - Mametchi appeared in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 as a playable character, and said game also had several Tamagotchi themed items.

#2 - Minna de Tamagotchi World 64 featuring Mariotchi and Waruotokotchi (The latter of whom is based on Wario). Enough said there.

So yeah, I won't be surprised if Mariotchi or Sonictchi from Sega Saturn de Hakken! Tamagotchi Park (The latter also being a posibility considering that this year is Sonic's 25th anniversary) make their return as some kind of Touch Spot or DLC. As for other potential cross promotions? Due to Bandai Namco owning the rights to the series I'm about to mention, I also see characters from Kamen Rider, Super Sentai (Power Rangers), and The IDOLM@STER (Which are celebrating their 45th, 40th, and 10th anniversaries respectively this year just as Tamagotchi is hitting the big 20th) being highly possible as getting "Gotchi-fied" to become raisable characters via the same means (Touch Spot / DLC).

Due to the mecha (Zords) in Zyuohger (This year's Super Sentai series) having pixel inspired designs, it's very likely that we'll at least get the Red Ranger's Cube Eagle as a raisable character - in fact, I've already stated my theory that Tamagotchi's 20th anniversary has something to do with those designs over at Rangerboard. As for Kamen Rider and IM@S, the likely candidates are definitely Yurusen (Mascot type character from Kamen Rider Ghost) and Harukasan (Puchidol version of IM@S's main character Haruka Amami) respectively. Anything else we get for cross promotional material would be the cherry on top of an already awesome cake, anniversary year for involved franchise or not.

TLDR... expect BIG surprises for the next Japanese release. I know that I am. Oh, and Linktchi and / or Samustchi please (Zelda and Metroid hitting their 30th this year). K THX BAI! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back