Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
by looking at the vid this is gonna suck very badly. I mean they said tamagotchi food,app and math.TAMAGOTCHI MATH AND FOOD WHAT THE HECK BANDAI. but when they said app idk maybe a vpet app? we just have to wait and see
I believe he said "things for the bath," not math =P Even still. Like everyone else, I am quite disappointed.

guys we really should dislike the vid and tell them what we really want from tamagotchi. we all really want english anime and color tamas so we should just tell them that hopfuly they listin to us
Yup :U Hopefully they'll have some common sense to actually listen to their fans and not just carry on clueless the rest of their lives. I also disliked the video and wrote some feedback on it.

*sigh* Well I wasn't expecting Tamagotchi to really release anything else in the US after the Tama-Go so I guess I never really had my hopes up in the first place. At least they haven't completely forgotten about tamas.

Well, I sighed a little. Apparel? I'm thinking it's all going to be in tween/teen sizes. I won't be able to wear any of it. Though tamagotchi candy, I might nibble on.

@triforceman: I retweeted that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, of course.. But, now your getting into a man's private Facebook.. To me, that sounds like its crossing the line.. ^^;

The only positive I can see in all this is the app - apps are a very lucrative thing nowadays, with the freemium/microtransaction prospect making a lot of money for app developers. If this is the market that they want to tap into, it could have some good points - the ability for lots of extra content, regular updates, connecting with friends etc. - all the things that companies like to focus on. But then again, there's lots of focus on the retro aspect, right? Even the background of the booth is using Gen 1 characters, so are they really going to be interested in the IDL type Tamagotchis? Hmmm... As for the other stuff apparel/home furnishings, I'm in their "target market" for this stuff and I do not care about any of it - I am only interested in the Tamagotchi itself. Merchandise is nice but it's to support a toy, not flesh out the lack of one.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....? That. Totally. SUCKS.

Boring clothes for adult women that doesn't even have pictures of TAMAGOTCHIS on it, for cheese's sake?! Whoever is responsible for this... That Barry dummy... Can be punched in the face many, many times.

And the app - Well, too bad, I don't have a smartphone. And there are lots of people who don't.

And it's a vintage-style thing. Whaaa...? I was hoping it was going to be more of a Mametchi, Memetchi, and Kuchipatchi kind of thing instead of old vintage characters. :/ Is THAT what they're gonna do to Tamagotchi? Treat it as if its some ancient thing that only adults will remember and care about?

What about US? WE don't care about boring fashion for old ladies. All WE want is fun stuff like Mametchi plushes, Kuchipatchi figurines, and maybe Memetchi T-shirts in sizes 8-16 or something... But no, Tamagotchi is ruined forever.

** Throws up **

Boring clothes for adult women that doesn't even have pictures of TAMAGOTCHIS on it, for cheese's sake?! Whoever is responsible for this... That Barry dummy... Can be punched in the face many, many times.

And the app - Well, too bad, I don't have a smartphone. And there are lots of people who don't.

And it's a vintage-style thing. Whaaa...? I was hoping it was going to be more of a Mametchi, Memetchi, and Kuchipatchi kind of thing instead of old vintage characters. :/ Is THAT what they're gonna do to Tamagotchi? Treat it as if its some ancient thing that only adults will remember and care about?

What about US? WE don't care about boring fashion for old ladies. All WE want is fun stuff like Mametchi plushes, Kuchipatchi figurines, and maybe Memetchi T-shirts in sizes 8-16 or something... But no, Tamagotchi is ruined forever.

** Throws up **
Any true Tamagotchi fan would hope more for vintage to be honest............................ Also the T-Shirts will probably have Tamagotchis on them...

----------------------------

I love the idea of Tamagotchi Life to be honest. I'm probably alone though.

I love that it's targeted at the original fan base, the ones that "deserve Tamagotchi" even though it sounds cheesey. They're the ones that will get nostalgia when they see someone they know wearing a Mametchi shirt or something, haha. I think apparel and home deco is great and just because it's not what you all expected doesn't mean its not good! Bandai America is turned American Tamagotchi into it's own thing, rather then just re-releasing the Japanese ones in different ways in English. Even though I'm not the audience, let's face it, the true, young at heart biggest fans seem to be in the age of young adults.

For those fans who want the toy, (who generally are new to Tamagotchi in comparison to Young Adults who like it,) they can keep on buying Japanese ones.

These things I typed might be messy btw, I'm tired. :p

** Throws up **
I agree, although maybe you shouldn't over-react so much. I'm getting a smartphone tomorrow so I'm downloading the apps and I believe they won't be any good at all.

I also agree that Tamagotchi's best phase was when the Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi gang were the main characters. I see Tamagotchi as three main stages: Vintages, Connections with gender-neutral characters portrayed as playful kids, and iD series with girly Lovelytchi and Melodytchi. The way I see it, after the failure of the girly Tamas, they're reverting back to vintages but at the same time creating a new and different addition to the sequence: Tamagotchi merchandise for adults. And that's not really fair on kids and teens, who are (or at any rate seem to be) the vast majority of Tama fans.

I wish they created another Tamagotchi. I mean seriously?

Is this going to get business up again? Tamagotchi Life isn't THAT bad.

Still, I think it's knd of dumb that there aren't any boys shirts (I'm a girl :p ).

I was also mixed up a little on why they brought back a bit of the vintage Tamagotchi stuff. I do love the vintage but

some kids who are going to be introduced to Tamagotchi won't even know what a vintage Tamagotchi is.

I'm just hoping that they'll come out with another new Tama!

I do love Tamagotchi, I'm not too pleased on this one though... -_-

Hold your horses TamaTalk-ers! Wow that rhymed. :p

Before he discussed apparel and other items within the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E line, he mentioned an application. Yes, an application. Perhaps we may not be receiving a new physical egg, but as so many other people have pointed out over the past few weeks, children and teenagers are more willing to spend $2 on an app on their mobile phones/MP3 players as opposed to spending $25 for one game. Bandai have probably realised this and might be going for a more digital approach. c:

It could get better, you know. It's probably not going to get any worse, though. If Tama-Fans were in charge, they'd probably release...actual Tamas, anime stuff like DVDs and toys, maybe even stuff like the Lovelin Truck playset things, but an actual series of physical Tamas would be the highlight...but...that's all up to Sync Beatz...who knows what - or if - they may be planning?

Wow a lot of you guys are actually being really horrible fans about this. Why not just be grateful that they're releasing anything at all? Designing a whole new toy doesn't take a short amount of time, how about showing some respect? That wouldn't go amiss.

** Throws up **
Your whole reply baffles me. If you're going to be a mega-fan, as you call yourself, a little respect is in order. This is more for the fans from the start of the tamagotchi era, and it's actually a good idea to get more merchandise out there, seeing as there is next to none out there.

The idea of getting an app is actually really smart! A lot of people are getting smart phones, and it's much more convenient to have it on the phone, rather than carrying several tamagotchis around with you, with the risk of getting lost or stolen.

I'm not a huge fan of Tamagotchi anymore, but I'm interested to see how this turns out. I think it's gonna be cool. Kind of disappointed at the really horrible responses though. At least they're releasing something, and not ignoring Tamagotchi altogether. Is it that hard to be at least a little bit excited? You don't need to love it, but it doesn't need the excessive hate.

You know, I just LOVE the comments that say "Just be a good fan!"... No. Being a fan does not mean that you should be grateful for everything a company throws at you. I have some experience with another series I'm a fan of, Sonic the hedgehog. Years ago, I was not supporting anything that SEGA was doing with sonic. Why? Because I hated what they were doing, and I didn't think it was right!

Oh, and the smartphone app? It's gonna most likely by a silly P1 or P2 app that would mimic the features of that original tamagotchi. Nothing against it at all, but I've became more of a fan of BanDai Japan's envision of the series.

Another reason why We shouldn't like this is that.. It isn't aimed for us! 21-29 year old women! I'm betting they think that everyone has memories of their tamagotchi toys, so then they are making this ultra mega cheesy brand of "LIFESTYLE" products. I mean, didn't you see those stupid clothes they were wearing in the background of the video? BLEH!

And you know what makes me really sad? Way back in this topic, I guessed that L.I.F.E would be just this. I was completely right when I didn't want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back