Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Meat Life thing was from a youtube comment from the Londorolecasseclassynontmgc thingymajigy
wrong.

I cam eup with meat life. a bunch of us were in chat trying to guess what it was. I came up with it.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but you guys might want to stay on topic. The thread's about Tamagotchi L.i.f.e., an extension of the Tamagotchi brand (despite being completely unrelated to the virtual pet concept), not about who came up with this and that. :p

Back on topic, I still can't believe Bandai gave their blessing to use the Tamagotchi name to this kind of "extension", and the over-obsession over vintages. Not that vintage Tamagotchis are bad, but they're after the vintages for the retro factor and not about the experience. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on topic, I still can't believe Bandai gave their blessing to use the Tamagotchi name to this kind of "extension", and the over-obsession over vintages. Not that vintage Tamagotchis are bad, but they're after the vintages for the retro factor and not about the experience. Oh well.

it is very disspointing. who and how did this even happen. was bandai all " how should we bring back tamagotchi? oh i know! CLOTHES and more junk that has nothing to do with the brand, it's brilliant!"

You know, I would be more accepting of this brand if it included characters from the connection era. Even if its just the v1-v3, I'm cool with that!

Is it me or almost all the blog posts are about fashion? this is really sending a bad consumerist message to spend spend spend.... no offence..

EDIT: i just found out that Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. is about "being fashion forward". How sexist!

Yeah I don't quite get what fashion has to do with virtual pets. It seems like this L.I.F.E. Thing would fit a doll line like Barbie better than it would a virtual pet like Tamagotchi. Tamagotchi has always seemed like Science Fiction made real to me. The beginning of an age of electronic/robotic creatures existing alongside humans. Tamagotchi was a real innovation. Electronic pets had existed before. In the 80s there was the Petster line from Axlon. But Tamagotchi popularized the concept and made it more mainstream. It was the first electronic pet to really catch on. This L.I.F.E. thing just doesn't fit what Tamagotchi is about to me. Fashion has nothing to do with virtual pets. What's next? Crossdressing Furbys?

Found this while looking through the Facebook page:

Sarah Jean Soss Jordan. Bandai America is planning an exciting re-launch of Tamagotchi product timed to fit in with a dynamic new strategy. In the interim, T-L.i.f.e. is currently developing a new App, scheduled to launch in Spring ’13, which will celebrate the brand’s legacy with a contemporary twist, and, we’re confident, will be enjoyed by everyone who’s loved Tamagotchi. Keep on coming back for updates and be the first to hear about what's coming next!
Yay!

I actually think the webisodes are getting better and better, less superficial each time. The ice cream looked really good!

But the blog is so stupid!

But it really looks like we've got a Tamagotchi coming our way!

Unfortunately I couldn't view all the stuff on the page since I don't have a Facebook. But the stuff I did see, tons of people leaving comments about wanting more Tamagotchi.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind if the main tamagotchi series would be together with the LIFE series.. You know, us fans play with the real toys, while the LIFE brand is for the casuals. :p

And that info was posted earlier, but still, I really would appreciate a sceanario like the one I posted above.

Wait, there's a Facebook page for this? Wait, it has 25 THOUSAND LIKES?! *spits tea all over the laptop screen*

Okay, now that's a surprise. I really didn't think so many people liked this idea, but apparently I was wrong. Hm.

Well, I'm still looking forward to the app, anyway. It's the new year now so the app 'should' be coming soon, assuming that Sync Beatz aren't as terrible at releasing things as Bandai is.

I came under the conclusion that The 25 thousand likes were mostly fake accounts that are being used to help life's image. (Or maybe, random people liked it just because they "like" tamagotchi). I think this because if you look at any other tamagotchi life page, it's quite miserable looking.

LOL, many people don't even read what's in there. They just saw "Tamagotchi" and they're like OMG *clicks Like*. :p

Heh, that's so true..

Anyway.. COMPAIRISON TIME!

https://twitter.com/mytamalife

20 followers. Most of them are business partners of LIFE. Latest tweet even has a error in the link it has to send out. Pretty much all content is vapid fashion stuff.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TMGC_net

657 followers! Pretty much the entirety of them are Japanese fans with the exception of a few international followers. Followers are constantly going up, and interesting tamagotchi info related to the anime, toys, and other promotions!

Out of all the quiz answers, how do you get around is one of them. Again, why not bother put car as something simple as a child doesn't have a airplane.

Why am I thinking that the whole Tamagotchi LIFE thing is similar to what's going on with Devil May Cry fans.

Think about it:

Devil May Cry is getting a reboot that Capcom is trying to push so hard, and there's so much negativity about it from the fanbase. It's hopelessly going to fail, but Capcom doesn't listen and there's even a few fans who are saying "it ain't so bad"

Doesn't it sound familiar? Lel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back