Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anz, let me first say I think that you are doing an excellent job on your end. You're in no way responsible for the content or direction, and I think you do your best to make what you're given as interesting as possible.

The main problem I have is that I don't understand the direction of Tamagotchi LIFE, it doesn't make sense to me. If the brand is geared at fans of the vintage Tamagotchis, you're dealing with those of us in our 20's and even early 30's. (I'm 21) "Love is Fun Everywhere" is far too childish for that audience. If the brand is trying to get the younger generation involved.... well I don't think it makes sense because they don't know the 90's era Tamagotchis. I'm not sure who the market is or how they're planning on appealing to said market.

What would I like to see form Tamagotchi LIFE? A new English Tamagotchi. Bandai JP is producing incredible products, the P's are truly a wonderful version. If Bandai America isn't planning on keeping the actual core product current, then any side project like this is unfortunately doomed from the start; fans of the brand don't get what they want and there's nothing to hook new fans.

I hope this goes well for you, because you do seem to care a lot about this project. I hope the appropriate people take the criticisms from the fans and do their best to correct them. Hopefully we can have a brand and product we can all enjoy, that would be wonderful.

All the best,

Bea

Very interesting stuff Anz. I have to say, I apologize for a lot of the hate shown here. I'm sure I must have caused a lot of stress on your campaign. I do believe that it's because so many of us were shocked by what TAMA LIFE was. It did disappoint me, but I'm willing to stop hating if it'll help tamagotchi. Heck, I'll even download the app. The app itself might be cool, so we'll see.

By the way, do you know anything about tamagotchi ID Ls being released in the UK? Do you know anything about that?
It's okay! Let's all move on from that, at least I somehow answered some questions you guys wanna know.

I'm sorry I don't know any Tamagotchi releases from other countries. -_-

sorry but i'm still sitting right where I was before, I rather keep getting japan tama's off of ebay. I honestly don't even care about bandai america anymore because they don't even listen to their fans

I too have been an original fan. I am just waiting to see some more about this brand.

Doesn't The Tamagotchi Anime air on TV Asahi? I know they are pretty protective of another show Precure/Pretty Cure, as Toei is.

I would love to see some plush again. They seemed to be bought up pretty quickly in my location. A place to carry my precious tamagotchi. ancestors, connections, tamagos, colors... and so on. Not a box, but something soft like a purse or nice bag with pockets.

I think part of this might also include some of the agrivation of TamaTown being down since sometime last year. Many began loosing faith then...
*High five!* I am not sure where they air it now in Japan! I use to play TamaTown back in 2006, I have 2 Tamagotchi V 4.5 but haven't logged in for ages because I got so busy with work.

For those wondering where the anime airs, eh, it's tv-tokyo. :p Also, I watch the episodes on nosub.tv .. I think I've watched them all, eh, I'm a hardcore fan of the anime. ^^

I do believe you should get a tamagotchi p's by the way, they really are cute, and maybe even posting about them on your personal blog or twitter would be cool.

Figured it was one of the two, just checked. Asahi has super setai and precure... I mean maho shoju like crazy... Not all of it I guess is, but the ones I reconize are... Of all people DJ, you would know the tama channel like I am to Precure... Lol.

*eye shift* tama p are awesome.

Topic on tama life continue. Lol.

Do you think they will have some updated versions of the pixeled characters later? Or maybe have some of the more current characters be made to look like the 90's pixels? That would tie everything together.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Hm.... I'm still confused on the fashion part, mostly because it only seems to affect big areas, like Hollywood/LA and all that. So I'm going on the assumption that marketing for such things will be kept to the big cities. Who is funding this? Bandai America or Bandai Japan? I mean you guys at Life specifically. I wish to know their target audience and what they're hoping to achieve, as well as questioning if, over time, will it be expanded out to other audiences as well, such as older generations maybe, and of course males.

I guess I can't see the solid connection between clothes and retro-styled handheld games, it almost seems backwards. Logically I'd have done the pet first, clothes after, but that's just a personal opinion.

Let's say, however, things do push through, will we eventually get something worthwhile perhaps? And I'm hoping it won't be something like the Tama-Go 2.0 or something, but I mean something new and exciting, or perhaps a color Tama like Japan has. Or is there a whole different direction being taken? I saw the app thing.... going the route of the Furby maybe? Have a Tama that responds to an app? Might be a farfetched idea, but just wondering. Or is it just a straight up app in and of itself? In which case I cannot utilize it, I do not own a tablet or smartphone.

I understand if you can't fully answer things due to a contract and all, but any light that can be shed without jeopardizing your job would be much appreciated.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

Hm.... I'm still confused on the fashion part, mostly because it only seems to affect big areas, like Hollywood/LA and all that. So I'm going on the assumption that marketing for such things will be kept to the big cities. Who is funding this? Bandai America or Bandai Japan? I mean you guys at Life specifically. I wish to know their target audience and what they're hoping to achieve, as well as questioning if, over time, will it be expanded out to other audiences as well, such as older generations maybe, and of course males.

I guess I can't see the solid connection between clothes and retro-styled handheld games, it almost seems backwards. Logically I'd have done the pet first, clothes after, but that's just a personal opinion.

Let's say, however, things do push through, will we eventually get something worthwhile perhaps? And I'm hoping it won't be something like the Tama-Go 2.0 or something, but I mean something new and exciting, or perhaps a color Tama like Japan has. Or is there a whole different direction being taken? I saw the app thing.... going the route of the Furby maybe? Have a Tama that responds to an app? Might be a farfetched idea, but just wondering. Or is it just a straight up app in and of itself? In which case I cannot utilize it, I do not own a tablet or smartphone.

I understand if you can't fully answer things due to a contract and all, but any light that can be shed without jeopardizing your job would be much appreciated.
Hello! I typed it in my first post that this is funded by Bandai JP. We're LA based that's why we film around that area, yes this will hopefully expand if Tamagotchi LIFE will get as much support.(that's the only this will expand and move to bigger things) We don't have license yet with the other Tamagotchi products. :( But with enough support we will get there... I am crossing my fingers this campaign will be able to bring TamaDepa products available in the US. About the app, all I know is Namco-Bandai Japan is already working on it. :D

I would also like to apologize if some of my statements appeared too harsh, it's just that I am firmly stating my opinion.

As a Tamagotchi male fan, I was part of the demographic that was completely singled out by the L.i.f.e. concept, and similar to Beagee, I have no idea in which direction this brand is going into. And based on the webisodes, I'm somewhat questioning how Tamagotchi-related they are. We got somewhat confused.

Anz, let me first say I think that you are doing an excellent job on your end. You're in no way responsible for the content or direction, and I think you do your best to make what you're given as interesting as possible.

The main problem I have is that I don't understand the direction of Tamagotchi LIFE, it doesn't make sense to me. If the brand is geared at fans of the vintage Tamagotchis, you're dealing with those of us in our 20's and even early 30's. (I'm 21) "Love is Fun Everywhere" is far too childish for that audience. If the brand is trying to get the younger generation involved.... well I don't think it makes sense because they don't know the 90's era Tamagotchis. I'm not sure who the market is or how they're planning on appealing to said market.

What would I like to see form Tamagotchi LIFE? A new English Tamagotchi. Bandai JP is producing incredible products, the P's are truly a wonderful version. If Bandai America isn't planning on keeping the actual core product current, then any side project like this is unfortunately doomed from the start; fans of the brand don't get what they want and there's nothing to hook new fans.

I hope this goes well for you, because you do seem to care a lot about this project. I hope the appropriate people take the criticisms from the fans and do their best to correct them. Hopefully we can have a brand and product we can all enjoy, that would be wonderful.

All the best,

Bea

All the best,

Bea
Hi Bea!

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it! It's really geared to the fans who grew up playing Tamagotchi because right now we only have license to the digital characters... I have no control with the show we have a director and script writer, even my personal friend and family think I host a kids show! Hahaha But no offense taken at all, I hope the webisodes improve more and also Syncbeats could get the license for the anime characters soon. Yes! Let's all hope for the best a brand a products that all of us can enjoy!

Ah, so I'm right then.. I hope we can convince BanDai Japan to allow the release of the toys, and even the anime someday.. :)

Also, by the way, I am blocked from the tamagotchi life YouTube account as well.. ^^; Eh, maybe you can convince them to unblock me because I'm all apologetic and stuff? ^^; I'm djtamama22... ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe you should get a tamagotchi p's by the way, they really are cute, and maybe even posting about them on your personal blog or twitter would be cool.
Yes! I wanna get a Tamagotchi P Love and Melody set soon! Still don't know if I should just order them at TamaDepa or I'll wait, since I might visit Japan on June. Yes, I'm actually plan to make a video for my personal channel or blog talking about Tamagotchi's I own.

So do you have any ideas about this new app? Wil it be simmilar to the older Tamagotchi App?

Have they considered on remaking/recreating the older mobile cell phone games? Like the Devilgotch or Angelgotch simmilators?

Hi Bea!

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it! It's really geared to the fans who grew up playing Tamagotchi because right now we only have license to the digital characters... I have no control with the show we have a director and script writer, even my personal friend and family think I host a kids show! Hahaha But no offense taken at all, I hope the webisodes improve more and also Syncbeats could get the license for the anime characters soon. Yes! Let's all hope for the best a brand a products that all of us can enjoy!
You're very welcome, it's clear you're very dedicated to this project and I definitely appreciate that. I know you don't have much say in the script and such and I think you do your best with the material. I don't think the material matches the demographic, we're adults now. But you do your best and that's all we can ask of you.

You should definitely check out the P's, they're so cute and so much fun. And I look forward to seeing your collection! ^-^

I would also like to apologize if some of my statements appeared too harsh, it's just that I am firmly stating my opinion.

As a Tamagotchi male fan, I was part of the demographic that was completely singled out by the L.i.f.e. concept, and similar to Beagee, I have no idea in which direction this brand is going into. And based on the webisodes, I'm somewhat questioning how Tamagotchi-related they are. We got somewhat confused.
You don't have to apologize for being honest, I know all of you are clueless of what it is all about.

I'm really sorry about that, I hope my recent post on why its geared to women was already explained. This will expand the way we wanted, but this campaign needs support.

Tamagotchi LIFE right now is a lifestyle brand with the Tamagotchi digital characters(We only have license on those)

Ah, so I'm right then.. I hope we can convince BanDai Japan to allow the release of the toys, and even the anime someday.. :)

Also, by the way, I am blocked from the tamagotchi life YouTube account as well.. ^^; Eh, maybe you can convince them to unblock me because I'm all apologetic and stuff? ^^; I'm djtamama22... ^^
Yes! Mama-san is hustling on that! Hahah I can't wait for the Anime to be available outside Japan!

Aww! I have no control with their social media's, I can't promise I can unblock you but I'll try if I go to their office.

So do you have any ideas about this new app? Wil it be simmilar to the older Tamagotchi App?

Have they considered on remaking/recreating the older mobile cell phone games? Like the Devilgotch or Angelgotch simmilators?
No, I have no clue to be honest on what the app look like or what it actually is. All I know Namco-Bandai Japan is already working on it.

Heh, it's fine if you are not able to. ^^;

By the way, I recommend also coming to tama-zone.com since that there's plenty of members there who don't come here. ^^ They might have questions also.

edit: OH! By the way, I remember sync beatz representives posted on their Facebook a long while ago about tamagotchi products being released by BanDai. Do you know anything about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of the confusion and dislike is we don't know exactly whats going on or what we are being offered, my first impressions weren't great but im open to how it will develop^u^ i Got my first tama for my birthday the year it was released and loved them since. Im cheering on and hope it will work out for all of us Tama fans new and old!
Sorry my wifi is extremely slow, didn't noticed I accidentally skipped your reply. It's okay, I hope I did put some light on things. I'm happy that you're open! This campaign really needs support from the fan community, to bring TamaDepa products everywhere. Let's all hope for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back