Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, it's fine if you are not able to. ^^;

By the way, I recommend also coming to tama-zone.com since that there's plenty of members there who don't come here. ^^ They might have questions also.

edit: OH! By the way, I remember sync beatz representives posted on their Facebook a long while ago about tamagotchi products being released by BanDai. Do you know anything about that?
I guess people from TamaZone have the same questions too, I don't know if I'd be able to juggle so many accounts online. I'm free right now that's why I can respond to everybody right now. Is it possible to redirect people who have questions about Tlife here?

My bosses are very discreet about releases of products, not sure if they mean "The app" on that one.

I have a super off the wall question that's bugging me.

That yellow Tama around your neck. Is that real? If so, broken? Gutted and turned into a necklace? I'm just wondering, it doesn't look on. I'd be nervous to wear pets around my neck for fear of them coming off the chain or me leaning into something and banging them into stuff.

Thanks for clearing some things up. It's good to know Bandai JP is in on this, hopefully we'll see some of their products make their way over here. I think we'd all love to see a North American P's! :)

That yellow Tama around your neck. Is that real? If so, broken? Gutted and turned into a necklace? I'm just wondering, it doesn't look on. I'd be nervous to wear pets around my neck for fear of them coming off the chain or me leaning into something and banging them into stuff.
I have necklaces for my p's lol They are quite nice..

And sure Anz, I can do that. ^^.. I am somewhat looking forward to the app as well.

HAHA! REAL and working, but I turned it off because it keeps beeping and my microphone is always on my chest. It's one of the first wave of Tamagotchi released in Japan. I always use thick necklace chains for my TMGC toys ever since, I've seen a lot of people in Asia that does the same thing back in the days and up to now.

@beagee Happy to share as much information as I can. Yes! Goal is to have TamaDepa store in all corners of the earth! Haha!

@DJYellow22 I appreciate the help, you don't know how thankful I am. Yes can't wait to see the app too that their working on.

Anz,

I'm one of the administrators over at Tama-Zone. When a member over there mentioned your participation over here, I thought I'd drop a line. I'd first like to reiterate a point some others have already mentioned, and that is that no one personally holds you responsible for anything. You're actually doing the best you can with what you're given, and that's saying something. As for this new and rather puzzling direction the Tamagotchi brand has taken with the L.I.F.E. apparel line, I'm sure it won't come as a surprise to hear that it has left all of us puzzled and somewhat disappointed. I'm a Marketing student at University, and on that note, I'm not sure how marketing might differ in Japan, but here in the U.S., it is generally considered poor practice to exclude an entire demographic. Both as a target audience and financially, it doesn't make much sense. But as you've said, it's really Bandai JP's decision on that matter, so I'll just leave it at that.

Should your bosses ask in the future though, perhaps it may be something to mention to them? Also, not being a girl I can't be 100% certain, but those of us who were kids in the 90s are in our 20s and early 30s now, and I just can't somehow picture this age group finding the clothing line too appealing. It seems to be aimed more towards a teenage crowd. But anyway, once more good job with all that you're doing and I wish you the best of luck.

Ra,

You keep mentioning, and maybe I'm somewhat out of the loop, but what is this TamaDepa store? Something like the Pokemon Centers they used to have? (Not sure if any still exist in the US anymore.)

You keep mentioning, and maybe I'm somewhat out of the loop, but what is this TamaDepa store? Something like the Pokemon Centers they used to have? (Not sure if any still exist in the US anymore.)
Tamagotchi Department Store, 3 stores in Japan that sell a range of many Tamagotchi goods. Toys, food, plushes, bags, clothing, books, the list goes on and on.

https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/tamadepa/

Ahhh okay, so it is basically like the Pokemon Centers. Neat. :D

@ -Ra-! Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad you stop by here at TamaTalk. if I have extra time to spend online I would love to join TamaZone too, because I heard there's more older fans there just like me. Before the project was offered to me, Tamagotchi LIFE was already conceptualized and approved by JP. I don't really know when and who exactly brainstormed the whole thing... Sorry. -_-

Again thank you so much! I'll try my best to keep mentioning them all the opinions of the fan community.

@Midorime TamaDepa is Tamagotchi Depo/Department store in Japan! They basically sell anything that's Tamagotchi, from toys, food and all sorts of products.

Anyway I have to log out now, I'll try to log in as much as I can on my free time.

Please join my Tamagotchi Nano giveaway! It was my idea and I'm happy they listened then sent 2 toys from Japan for this.

Good night everyone!

Other than the TamaDepa, I also saw a Tamagotchi doughnut store in Japan; I'm just wondering is that also part of TamaLIFE or what

P.S. sorry for ranting about how TamaLIFE is turning girly and stuff a few pages back, yeah it is leaning more on girls but that didn't give me the right to go and say bad stuff about it. Even though I'm a girl and I don't like girly things and everything is WAY too pink I'm willing to ignore it for the sake of the Tamagotchis

I'll try to tell as many friends as I can about the giveaway. At first, my posts were pretty harsh too, I even noticed that before you came. Sorry.

I'd just like to give my thank to you Anz, you've shed some light on some of the main questions that I'm sure we were all asking ourselves. It's really great that you could set aside the time to do this for the Tamagotchi fans - that will go a long way in the community. It's interesting that the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. brand is actually funded by Bandai Japan, and not Bandai America, as I'm sure prior to your involvement in this discussion we were all thinking. That does explain why things are starting out how they are, I can understand that getting the appropriate licensing needed to expand can take a long time. Here's to hoping that Sync Beatz gains access to the Anime characters soon also!

One more thing, it's brilliant to know that you yourself are a Tamagotchi fan. It makes your involvement in the brand seem very genuine and you as a person a lot more relatable, as like us you see the Tamagotchi brand for what it really is, and not just a product that you have no connection too. You can only imagine my excitement when I heard that you were a fan as well. It's also wonderful to hear that it was your idea for the Tamagotchi Nano giveaway. Already you've managed to bring the Tamagotchi back into the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. brand so early on, I have a feeling that if we are all patient and wait for several things to be sorted out, you will prove to be a fantastic ambassador for the Tamagotchi community in this Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. release. Here's to hoping all the best for you and the future of Tamagotchi in the US, and internationally. :)

Anz, thanks for responding to our comments about T-life. I'm so sorry to hear that you cried when you saw the negative comments. Considering you're a Tamagotchi fan, and us Tamagotchi fans made such negative comments, I'm really sorry. But may I just say that while the marketing is a bit strange, for me personally, I don't think Tamagotchi LIFE sounds that bad. In fact, now that you've said that it's a way of getting Japanese TamDepa products in the US, I'm really looking forward to it. Thankyou for your perseverance, please don't be too hurt by some of the things we've said! Do you perhaps know if there's any chance of the brand being released in other countries outside of Japan and the US (such as Australia)?

Anz, thanks for responding to our comments about T-life. I'm so sorry to hear that you cried when you saw the negative comments. Considering you're a Tamagotchi fan, and us Tamagotchi fans made such negative comments, I'm really sorry. But may I just say that while the marketing is a bit strange, for me personally, I don't think Tamagotchi LIFE sounds that bad. In fact, now that you've said that it's a way of getting Japanese TamDepa products in the US, I'm really looking forward to it. Thankyou for your perseverance, please don't be too hurt by some of the things we've said! Do you perhaps know if there's any chance of the brand being released in other countries outside of Japan and the US (such as Australia)?
Or the Philippines? because seriously nothing (not necessarily talking about Tamas here, though) ever comes to here, and when it does it's always just in Manila and only for a short amount of time

Yes, thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions. I'm glad TLife has found a spokesperson who really cares about the brand and the fans. Keep up the great work ^-^

Hm, i wonder, if TamaDepa comes to the US, will one be in LA? I live by LA and I would love to visit it. The PC was in New York and I don't think one ever came to LA, so I missed out on that experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back