Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to apologize for being honest, I know all of you are clueless of what it is all about.
Clueless - that's the word! Thank you! :D

I wholly appreciate your efforts in joining the community and for taking your time in dealing with our numerous inquiries.

Before the project was offered to me, Tamagotchi LIFE was already conceptualized and approved by JP. I don't really know when and who exactly brainstormed the whole thing... Sorry. -_-
Now this makes complete sense. When the project was offered to you and you started doing the webisodes, haven't you noticed about how "different" the approach was? I'm sorry that you have to be on the receiving end of our criticisms, though we all have to acknowledge that the current backlash happened for a reason - as a Tamagotchi fan yourself, you know that it's not what we fans are expecting to see.

From a fan's current point of view - the online webisodes do nothing more than promote local businesses and the vintage characters looked like they were only plastered-in just so it could be considered as Tamagotchi-related. Promoting local business is not something the fans are against, but at how non-Tamagotchi-related they are. If L.i.f.e.'s purpose is to "bring Tamagotchi back", then apparently it's going in a completely different direction. I do hope that sooner or later, Bandai JP could at least provide us an insight on how they brainstormed and came up with this concept.

Now that we know Bandai JP is behind this (thanks to you for airing your side of the story :) ), I think that they are under the impression of North America being all-out into trendy and fashion. While this may be partially true, their real target market (Tamagotchi fans) do not all fit into that sector. It looks they are unaware that most of their overseas fans spend a fortune importing their own native Tama Depa products.

Unless they actually understand what's behind all the backlash that L.i.f.e. is getting, honestly speaking I am afraid L.i.f.e. won't really take off.

After giving us your slice of the story, as I have mentioned a few times - I am very much willing to support L.i.f.e.'s cause, however, being outside of your project's target demographic like myself, how would we do that if the products do not suit us? How can we purchase and patronize them if they're not "designed for us"? Just as Ra of TamaZone mentioned, not all Tamagotchi fans are completely eager to adopt to the current things that L.i.f.e. is producing.

You have previously mentioned that Bandai JP was made aware of the negative reactions - do you know what are the measures that they are now undertaking to prevent the negative backlash from ever happening again? Because apparently, if they kept on producing the same thing --- in the end they will still get the same [negative] responses, right? It's going to be a big waste of money on their part. :)

Apologies for the many questions, but I think these are also some of the concerns that the Tamagotchi fanbase have been raising towards Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. Again thank you for your initiative in participating in the community! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is rather odd to ask (as LIFE is a lifestyle brand), but is there going to be any new Tamagotchi in the US, Canada, and UK? It's been a long time ever since a new 'gotch was released, and the Tama-Go was a bit of a dissapointment.

Anyway I have to log out now, I'll try to log in as much as I can on my free time.

Please join my Tamagotchi Nano giveaway! It was my idea and I'm happy they listened then sent 2 toys from Japan for this.

Good night everyone!
Welcome to TamaTalk! I'm very happy that you are working on these projects and I think that whatever the Tamagotchi Life line announces it will be wonderful! I'm very excited about your giveaway! Have a wonderful stay here and good luck with your work! :)

I've been following this topic since probably about page 10 now and I have just got to say that thank you for coming in and clearing stuff up Anz!! :) While I am more in that Tama LIFE target demo so I've never been truely appaled (to be honest i was excited to have a few tamagotchi related outfits)of the idea. But that being said shouldn't Bandai do something else to test the tama interest waters in America? Anyways totally going to just throw my opnion out there and say I really love the idea of Tama LIFE and can't wait for everything to be released! I just wish that there was a way for it to become popular with everyone who ever loved tamagothchi's vintage or modern.

Other than the TamaDepa, I also saw a Tamagotchi doughnut store in Japan; I'm just wondering is that also part of TamaLIFE or what

P.S. sorry for ranting about how TamaLIFE is turning girly and stuff a few pages back, yeah it is leaning more on girls but that didn't give me the right to go and say bad stuff about it. Even though I'm a girl and I don't like girly things and everything is WAY too pink I'm willing to ignore it for the sake of the Tamagotchis
The Donut shop is part of Bandai Japan's TamaDepa.

It's okay and thank you! <3

@Tamatown123 I really appreciate your help sharing my giveaway to your friends! It's okay now past is past, you don't need to apologize at all. Again thank you, every share helps.

@SamJJE101 So sweet of you... Thank you! I promise to share as much information as I can, after all we're one community here with the same passion for Tamagotchi. Now I feel really terrible for being so scared in making an account here early as I can. I was really terrified to be rejected by the community because I host Tamagotchi LIFE... It really feels good to meet people who have the same crazy addiction with the toy, hopefully I find time to share my collection soon. Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

@gotchi gotchi @mamapatchi @bluegreen Hello! I wish I have the answers to all of your question but I am not affiliated with Bandai Australia, England and Philippines. But as far as I know they want the Tamagotchi product to be available worldwide, so hopefully this campaign pushes through.

@Beagee I feel really humbled, thank you! It would be an honor to represent the community, I always voice out what the fans want. But I need support from this community to make all of it happen, it's not easy. -_-

@Midorime Tamagotchi LIFE is LA based so if it does happen, we will have our local store here. ;)

@Tamatamatchi Thank you! :wub:

@Ichiro Thank you for appreciating that! I try my best because I don't have much time to spend online due to my schedule.

-I know it was a different direction, they told me why it was geared to women and they only have license with digital characters right now.

-Tamagotchi LIFE "webisodes" as I understand when it was explained to me is a lifestyle channel inspired by the nostalgia of growing up owning the toy (I remember the) "Love, fun, excitement, caring, nurturing, teaching, food, inspiration". I was really happy and took the project, as a crazy fanatic of Tamagotchi brand my heart was jumping with joy because I can see Tamagotchi back again in the US, I totally thought it was over. I value your honest opinion about this campaign might fail, I guess I am too ambitious that I could bring Japanese products and anime here... But just seeing the Bandai Tamagotchi brand back in the US gives me hope, it's worth trying than giving up on this brand. That's how much I love Tamagotchi, they came up with the most awesome and off products but I still stood by it just because I really love it. (I hope I don't sound cheesy but I am honestly very passionate of the Bandai Tamagotchi brand)

-I want to clear things out that I don't really know who and when this brand extension was conceptualized... I seriously don't know whos ideas are these, the main company only funds and approves before anything will be released. So please don't assume this is JP's idea. Not everything is shared to me unless its part of the webisode. -_-

-About the negative response, (JP will cancel our campaign, that short sweet and simple) :(

I am trying my best to explain and share what I can, I'm glad you appreciate that. Thank you!

@Orandatchi- Hello! please check my response to @gotchi gotchi @mamapatchi @bluegreen on my earlier post about the releases on other countries. :D

@Delaney0213- Awww... Thank you hun for the encouragement and support!

@ksh12july34- Thank you! Hahaha blame the stylist and graphic designer! Joke! I'm sorry I have no control or anything on those, but hopefully they'll come up with designs you guys will like. I think they could be testing the waters now... Not sure. :huh: I apologize I really don't know... :( Thank you for venting your opinion, appreciated! I'm excited too, I really work hard to promote this campaign... I want TamaDepa products to available everywhere.

Thanks for clearing things up, Anz! :)

Yes, I do agree --- sometimes "being cheesy" can help you decide whether to continue or give up hope. It's great that you finally joined in the community and your efforts in trying to bridge the gap between Bandai/SyncBeatz and the fans, your job as an ambassador for the fans is off to a good start. :D

Thank you for shedding light with this matter - it's just quite sad and disappointing to know that we are ready to give our 100% support for the campaign since all we wanted is to bring Tamagotchi back overseas, but with the current concept of L.i.f.e., its objectives and procedures that us fans could not piece together.

We're looking forward for the day that the dust finally settles down and with your help, they would finally listen to what the fans really want and the campaign will then finally take off with everybody standing behind it. You've given us hope. :)

Thank you very much!

Guys -- Just saying something -- You don't need to change your Opinion just because Anz came. She's pretty much like every other TamaTalk member. If you don't find L.I.F.E appealing, then it's fine. It's not like Anz or Admin is/are going to kick you out of the Community. What's the point of opinions if they are all praising the project?

Honestly I think everyone has judged Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. too quickly. I'm going to wait 'till products are out to see how I like it personally. It seems fair.

I'm not going to be one to make a Rash Decision/Opinion -_-

I honestly love the Idea of the TamaDepa stores coming to America. (I wouldn't mind working at one) :D

455848793502731086_MDBdbLa1_c.jpg

honestly speaking this shirt is pretty cute i'd where this xD for sleep wear or comic con, can't wait for tamagotchi life to come it doesnt seem that bad at all we all just got to give it a chance

Honestly I think everyone has judged Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. too quickly. I'm going to wait 'till products are out to see how I like it personally. It seems fair.

I'm not going to be one to make a Rash Decision/Opinion -_-

I honestly love the Idea of the TamaDepa stores coming to America. (I wouldn't mind working at one) :D
agreed check this out i would actually wear this.

455848793502731086_MDBdbLa1_c.jpg

@Tamatown123 I really appreciate your help sharing my giveaway to your friends! It's okay now past is past, you don't need to apologize at all. Again thank you, every share helps.

@SamJJE101 So sweet of you... Thank you! I promise to share as much information as I can, after all we're one community here with the same passion for Tamagotchi. Now I feel really terrible for being so scared in making an account here early as I can. I was really terrified to be rejected by the community because I host Tamagotchi LIFE... It really feels good to meet people who have the same crazy addiction with the toy, hopefully I find time to share my collection soon. Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

@gotchi gotchi @mamapatchi @bluegreen Hello! I wish I have the answers to all of your question but I am not affiliated with Bandai Australia, England and Philippines. But as far as I know they want the Tamagotchi product to be available worldwide, so hopefully this campaign pushes through.
GURRLLLL!! no one gets rejected here lol if you love tamagotchi then this is your community xD

If that text was in green I'd dig it. Or blue.

I also want a shirt with Kuchipatchi. Even if just the old pixel one. Heck that'd be cute, all the pixel characters, or have the original drawn art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back