Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kuchipatchi is better with dark pink not light pink. Only if he's in his normal pixel colours, green and black.

Of course, I didn't mean to sound harsh. I don't care personally, but i's a funny error coming from a tamagotchi company, eh? :D
HAHA I saw that too! I don't know who handles all the Tamagotchi LIFE social medias though. I voted for the Mametchi app icon!

Or actually... These logos are awful. Did they hire a 10 year old graphic designer wannabe to make them? Oh wait, even 10 year old graphic designers wannabe are better at logos.
Namco-Bandai Japan designed the app icons

Despite this whole thing not being really up my alley (I'm a 23 year-old guy, not really a fashionista), I can sort of see why this is what Bandai is doing; despite it continue to push the whole "Tamagotchis are so girly guys!" (seriously, I don't see how they are) thing. From what I know, the Tamagotchi brand has been decreasing in popularity in the West for some time, so I suppose this stunt is a major push to get people to notice it again (well, at least women and girls it seems). I myself would jump on a new English release of Tamagotchi, especially if it were color but, other than the fans do we really know how much of the general consumer base they've been getting? I can hope, if the app does well, something will come of it at least.

Edit: I'll be getting that app, by the way. I'd love to revisit the original Tamagotchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've read most of this thread all the way through, checked the tamagotchi LIFE website and you know what? I'm still as confused as I was before! Is it an app, a brand? Will there even be a new tamagotchi TOY released? What I've seen looks far from appealing at the moment...

It appears to be a brand and marketing campaign to try and revive Western interest in the Tamagotchi product line. The app seems to be the closest thing we'll be getting to a new Tama release, though Anz has been saying the goal is to bring more TamaDepa products over, which would more than likely lead to a new Tamagotchi device eventually.

I just realized that the thing that LIFE stands for sounds extremely rude. Somehow hearing the words "love", "fun", and especially "everywhere" kind of weirds me out~

Okay, there's an app...not everyone has smartphones! I have a fear of mobile phones.

I just realized that the thing that LIFE stands for sounds extremely rude. Somehow hearing the words "love", "fun", and especially "everywhere" kind of weirds me out~

Okay, there's an app...not everyone has smartphones! I have a fear of mobile phones.
It only sounds rude if you think of it like that dear X3

It's not at all rude, after all it's a child's toy not a inappropriate brand.

We understand that there are plenty of people without smart phones, but there are enough for them to make an app.

Also there are a lot of people with iPod Touches or Tablets that don't have a smart phone and they could get the app on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda wish I didn't sell my iPod Touch now... but I never used it for over a year, so....

Love Is Fun Everywhere? I don't see how that's rude...is "love", "fun", "everywhere" or even "is" one of those words with multiple meanings...?

L.I.F.E. is directed at the type of people who do have smartphones, iPhones in particular. That's mostly young women.

He's talking about how the phrase can easily be turned into innuendo, for those who don't know. Not everyone here is old enough to have a gutter mind, though. (Yet.)

if you guys go to wikipedia over here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tamagotchi_releases

and scroll down to

English releases (2005–Present

it shows ID L does that mean were getting an ID L or are they just saying the for the hong kong english idl?

"Tamagotchi iD L

This Tamagotchi is similar to the original iD, but has more features including the ability to clean the Tamagotchi's house, visit and share a meal with the Tamagotchi's parents and grandparents. It can also connect to Japanese cell phones like the iD. Many new characters were added. This is the first color Tamagotchi to be released in English and Japanese"

if you guys go to wikipedia over here

https://en.wikipedia....gotchi_releases

and scroll down to

English releases (2005–Present

it shows ID L does that mean were getting an ID L or are they just saying the for the hong kong english idl?

"Tamagotchi iD L

This Tamagotchi is similar to the original iD, but has more features including the ability to clean the Tamagotchi's house, visit and share a meal with the Tamagotchi's parents and grandparents. It can also connect to Japanese cell phones like the iD. Many new characters were added. This is the first color Tamagotchi to be released in English and Japanese"
It's referring to the HK iD L.

Isn't this topic about L.i.f.e.?

I don't have a tablet or an iPod touch either! I feel so left out. T^T

So, I wrote "Tamagotchi LIFE" on a piece of paper...and flushed it down the toilet! That was fun. ^.^

More childish and ridiculous than fun, to be honest, but okay...

Just because you don't have a smartfone doesn't mean the brand is neccessarily bad for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back