Tamagotchi M!X - New Bandai Trademark

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from the Tamagotchi slumber! This got my Tamagotchi spirit back on. So many hopes for this release. I think just with the mixing feature alone, I can tell this is gonna be an exciting Tamagotchi. Sadly, I have to wait until August to get one. :( The new characters are awesome looking too! Of course, the pastel colored shells are to die for. Here's to hoping for removable face plates.

Also, Is Guriritchi now a girl? Her name's now in pink like other female Tamagotchis. Wow. Sex change in Tamagotchi. 2016. What a year to live in.
Seems like the m!x brought a lot of us back from inactivity! Nice to see you back~

Speaking of the characters... I think the jellyfish guy is one of my new favorites for life. xD; I was really excited we got a jellyfish toddler in the 4U too... I'm just a jellyfish enthusiast in general though, I guess.

Yes! It's important to note that your Tamagotchi can inherit traits from its parents and grandparents. Notice how the latest character inherited its shape from its grandfather.
I find it really cool that your tamagotchis appearance can be caused by several generations going back! I wonder how many possibilities there are!

The thing that makes me the happiest about the whole thing is that the hybrid characters would be a perfect excuse for them to be lazy and only have 10 pure characters. The fact that they not only have 27 (29 across both versions) characters built in, but more that are downloadable makes me happy to no end :D

Just a question: How are we supposed to get pure characters in other generations? I mean, we're gonna get a pure character on our first generation, mixed characters after that. How are we gonna get pure characters after that if everything will be mixed? I love mixed characters but I love me some original Mametchi, Memetchi, and Kuchipatchi.

I was wondering about that, too. I'd imagine you just have to reset and start back at Gen 1 to get a pure character, but maybe there will be a feature to "start over" your family line without losing all your other progress (such as money and items). Kind of doubt it, but it would be nice. Otherwise, maybe it's possible to marry "pure" characters into your family? Although I guess it wouldn't be the same as getting the character yourself. u.u

I was wondering about that, too. I'd imagine you just have to reset and start back at Gen 1 to get a pure character, but maybe there will be a feature to "start over" your family line without losing all your other progress (such as money and items). Kind of doubt it, but it would be nice. Otherwise, maybe it's possible to marry "pure" characters into your family? Although I guess it wouldn't be the same as getting the character yourself. u.u
Actually, on the 4U there is a feature in which if you have an adult character for long enough (about 2 weeks) they will ask to leave your care and live on their own.I think that letting your character go out into the world without marrying would probably be the most realistic option.

Actually, on the 4U there is a feature in which if you have an adult character for long enough (about 2 weeks) they will ask to leave your care and live on their own.I think that letting your character go out into the world without marrying would probably be the most realistic option.
Aw, that sounds kind of sad. I didn't know about that feature.

But I feel like this version will have the usual baby, child, teen, and obviously adult characters. Why would they go to the trouble of designing/including those characters (especially so many adults as you mentioned earlier) if they're only available for the first generation? It seems like a lot of work for little pay-off on the user's end. I wonder if, when you marry your tama, you can opt out of their offspring being a mix of their genes and instead go on the regular character tracks?

UPDATE!

from a famitsu article it shows a couple new bits of info

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201606/01107134.html

firstly it shows the new generation icon that expands downward as a family tree and shows each tama you've raised+ their spouse to see who they've mixed from.

it also shows a hybrid mamekuchipatchi proposing to decoratchi in a sweets town which could either be a location or very well just a background.

the interesting thing from this article is it mentions that among the 27 main characters there are over 10 thousand possible mixture combinations!!! which is probably to promote the generation aspect of the toy and convince kids to keep rasing characters over and over for there is guaranteed a different outcome each time!

Connection news!!:

so in the article it also mentions that per usual item exchange and marriage mixing can occur in this tamagotchi but a new connection feature is the M!X fortune telling option! this allows you to pre see what kind of tamagotchi you and your friend's tamagotchi would raise if they were to get married!!

items games etc in the station will also change seasonally per usual!

also an important note from watching the cm for the M!X and reading this article it seems while you can propose to new characters in the tamagotchi station creating a new character you cannot obtain new main characters!

For example if your tama propsed to tropicatchi in the M!X station, the next tamagotchi you raise will have a mix between your tama and tropicatchi's gene pool but you cannot get tropicatchi's data and raise a tropicatchi like on the 4U/+!

this may not be true but from the info given this is looking like the case!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the best place to preorder the Tamagotchi M!x? I know Amiami and Hobby shop Japan has the preorders closed. Where else can I preorder one? (I'm willing to use a deputy service too, but I would rather something less expensive)

Just a question: How are we supposed to get pure characters in other generations? I mean, we're gonna get a pure character on our first generation, mixed characters after that. How are we gonna get pure characters after that if everything will be mixed? I love mixed characters but I love me some original Mametchi, Memetchi, and Kuchipatchi.
I'm wondering about that too! Although the fusions are nice, I like the originals better.

Where is the best place to preorder the Tamagotchi M!x? I know Amiami and Hobby shop Japan has the preorders closed. Where else can I preorder one? (I'm willing to use a deputy service too, but I would rather something less expensive)
Cdjapan should have them closer to release, and also, rakuten is a good option as well if you wanna try them :)

Hmm... I've been thinking about this. Is this the new english tamagotchi that's supposed to be released this year? I mean, maybe there is an English version for this? It could be the English tamagotchi we've been waiting for! :)

Hmm... I've been thinking about this. Is this the new english tamagotchi that's supposed to be released this year? I mean, maybe there is an English version for this? It could be the English tamagotchi we've been waiting for! :)
I'm not holding my breath at this point, but there is one thing that might be favorable in that regard. Is it just me, or have the prices for the M!X so far been much cheaper than previous versions? Someone who preordered a 4U or 4U+ could probably confirm or deny this much better than me. I think one reason we have never had a color screen tama in the West is because Bandai America fears spending too much on production costs which would push the retail price higher and make parents less likely to buy that Tamagotchi for their kids. If this version is a relatively more affordable for consumers then that would certainly be in its favor. Of course, this is all just speculation on my part, and maybe this topic would be good to bring up in the thread about an English color screen version instead of here.

Is it just me, or have the prices for the M!X so far been much cheaper than previous versions? Someone who preordered a 4U or 4U+ could probably confirm or deny this much better than me.
you're right that is one reason we won't see a global release of tamagotchi colour versions.

regarding price however it is very well much cheaper than older tamagotchi versions but this is because of the materials in this version costing less they cut out NFC capability which cost the most to put in the toy plus added there are no batteries included in this version's box they are likely being cheap with this tama so they can ensure better sales to the 4u which I think did quite so so. (I just hope the plastic and screen isn't too poor quality...)

Cdjapan should have them closer to release, and also, rakuten is a good option as well if you wanna try them :)
Thank you! I checked out Rakuten but the preorders were closed. Is the website Japanyouwant reliable and safe to use? Has anyone purchased from them before? Because they have preorders for Tamagotchi M!x. I'm unsure if the preorders on there come with the lanyard and lunch box though.

Thank you! I checked out Rakuten but the preorders were closed. Is the website Japanyouwant reliable and safe to use? Has anyone purchased from them before? Because they have preorders for Tamagotchi M!x. I'm unsure if the preorders on there come with the lanyard and lunch box though.
I (and I daresay many others here) have purchased several times from JYW before. Friendly, very reliable, great communicator, and pretty timely shipping. Never had an issue with JYW.

Maybe they'll translate it, no scratch that, hopefully they'll translate it.

Is it just me, or have the prices for the M!X so far been much cheaper than previous versions? Someone who preordered a 4U or 4U+ could probably confirm or deny this much better than me.
4U+ is ¥5980 at TamaDepa, but it seems like there isn't a standard list price for M!X anywhere. I've seen it selling for anywhere between ~¥4400 (amiami) to ~¥5600 (Amazon) so I wouldn't say it's significantly cheaper, on average. The lack of standard pricing is actually pretty baffling.

No idea if that has any bearing on a possible NA release, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back