Tamagotchi Mascot CHANGED?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all kids are like that - I'm 10 and I DEFINITELY prefer Mametchi or Mimitchi. ;)
Yeah, well that's why I said girly-girls. And I obviously didn't mean all ten year olds. K? Okay. [;

I agree with the person above me, you make a very good point. C:

But it's sad because we want to see our favorite characters in the anime being cute but now the new ones are overtaking everything... I HATE Lovelitchi. What if the mascot became someone you hate like Bokutchi or Tarakotchi, lol. I saw a few newer eps and Himespetchi seems to be the mascot now, which I don't mind since she loves Mametchi. ♥

Well, you said that all our favorite characters are being cute. Some peoples' favorites are Lovelitchi, and they're probably glad that she's the mascot...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it really is up to the fans who the mascot will be, even though bandai has the final say. To them, they will not make, say, pompomtchi the mascot because somebody tells them "I WANT POMPOMTCHI AS THE MASCOT ASDFGHJKL". There could be some people who want to bring back the Osu Mesu characters as mascots, and some people who love himespetchi. With all businesses, bandai is just trying to do what their demographic wants, and himespetchi and Lovelitchi are what the demographic wants. You don't have to like Lovelitchi and himespetchi, and it's perfectly legit to say "I hate Lovelitchi!" because we all have our preferences and our dislikes, but it will not make bandai do an about face and make a different character the mascot. As long as girls are the target audience to bandai Japan, Lovelitchi and himespetchi are here to stay.

Well, I hate Lovelitchi but I don't mind Himespetchi because she loves Mametchi, and more Himespetchi means more Mametchi! But it's still unfair for boys... 0.o

It's a poor marketing technique- trying to persuade mainly the female gender into buying tamagotchis. If they want to dual-mascot it (Like they have with lovelitchi and meloditchi) they should be using both Lovelitchi and Mametchi. If they were smart they would be trying to market towards more males to increase their overall fanbase.

You'll notice I've liked a few posts in this topic - that's because they're true.

I completely agree here that Mametchi or Mimitchi would be a much better mascot. It's not that I dislike Lovelitchi - look at my avatar - it's just that she shouldn't really be a main character. Sure, she can be the Tama-world top singer all she (or rather BanDai) likes, but she doesn't have to be the mascot of the whole Tamagotchi brand. We need to prove that Tamagotchi is not just for 7-year-old Japanese girls!

You'll notice I've liked a few posts in this topic - that's because they're true.

I completely agree here that Mametchi or Mimitchi would be a much better mascot. It's not that I dislike Lovelitchi - look at my avatar - it's just that she shouldn't really be a main character. Sure, she can be the Tama-world top singer all she (or rather BanDai) likes, but she doesn't have to be the mascot of the whole Tamagotchi brand. We need to prove that Tamagotchi is not just for 7-year-old Japanese girls!

absolutely true!!!!! lets all tell bandai japan about this shall we? :D

Agreed, although I like Lovelitchi, she does NOT suit tamagotchi. All the tamas on anime look just like they do on actual tamagotchis, but lovelitchi? She looks completely different and looks like something for another brand. She does NOT suit tama-pixels...

And have you noticed that mimitchi IS GONE? Well, not gone, but has been KNOCKED DOWN a few pegs? Eek.

Also have you noticed that now lovelitchi is the best-cared for female tama you can get??!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally like Lovelitchi much more than Mametchi. In fact, I had kind of a burning hate for Mametchi when I used to play with Tamagotchis all the times.

I love Mametchi and all, but you could say he was "overused" too. Some people think think that. The mascots are always changing, maybe mametchi will become one of the "mascots" again later?

I understand them wanting to change the face of tamagotchi over to a female character, but I think that they should have used Memetchi if they wanted to do that, then at least we would still be keeping within the original trio which is well loved by almost every tama fan

Hey guys, reminding you about the 3 months no new posts thing. If it hasn't been posted in 3 months, please don't post as it bumps up the topic. Thank you.

Just to remind people... mametchi used to be able to obtain as a guy or girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back