Tamagotchi Name Ironicy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purin

Reaction score
I remember on my V4 my Makiko was named Rose. I now have a Tarakotchi named Bud. On the next generation, I might name him/her Seed (boyA), or Dew (girl).

Does anyone have an "ironic" Tamagotchi name?

Actually yes. Its not tamagotchi names but my music stars bands. I named my first gen's band apples, and the second grapes, next gen ill name it pears or peaches.

Do you even know what Irony means?

i·ro·ny   

example:

the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

sorry but what you have posted is not "ironic"

Though I partially agree Ciara.

Synonyms of Ironic being... Humorous/Comical or Peculiar/Strange?

Not entirely wrong...

I name mine usually to the theme of my Tama. So not very Ironic. >.>

~Phnx

Do you even know what Irony means?

i·ro·ny   

example:

the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

sorry but what you have posted is not "ironic"
Ciara's right :/

But the only example springs to mind is I named my V4 Apple once, and it turned into a ringotchi. Thats about it.

Ciara's right :/

But the only example springs to mind is I named my V4 Apple once, and it turned into a ringotchi. Thats about it.
Once I named mine Pear and it became ringotchi :)

My brother named his G9R5N or something. He made a random name.

Oh, irony (that's the noun form of the word, by the way..."ironicy" isn't a word ;) ). One of the best examples of irony I can think of is in the story "The Gift of the Magi," which depicts a couple too poor to buy each other Christmas gifts. The woman cut off and sold her long, beautiful hair in order to buy her husband a chain for his pocket watch and came home to find that he had sold his watch in order to buy her an ornamental hair comb.

I think what you're describing is more of like a "play on words," or something like chance.

Naming your Tamagotchi "Giga Pet." There's irony in that. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put, and thats one of my favorite stories!

I named my v2 star once and it came out the star shaped toddler. Wasn't so ironic after it grew into an onionchi though.

One of my old V1s was named Coffee.

He was the one I dropped into my mug as I was having a drink.

Ironically, the cup was filled with tea.

Now he is among the Tamagotchi angels...

I don't think you can fit 'Giga Pet', doesn't it only go up to 5 or 7 letters?
The example was meant to be a hypothetical one to demonstrate the concept of irony in naming Tamagotchis. Even so though, it does depend on the version (so you're kind of right: it may or may not fit). I believe the Music Star has 8 spaces, so it probably would fit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back