Tamagotchi Ocean

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a Japanese Ocean on Ebay from Jason (great guy). It is really frustrating. I could not get age 3. Polar bear got it every time. Put the tab in and left it alone. Went back to my Tama V2s.
I also got my one from Jason. He is where i get most of my asian tamagotchis from.

Where do u get them? Ive been searching and searching all the shops! (but if its online shopping, nevermind)

Ya I got mine from him to, Imw aiting for the weekdn till I hatch my Ocean... I got mine in today.... Im kinda nervous

Ah yes, the Tamagotchi Ocean...also known as the Umi No Tamagotchi, the Oceangotchi, and the ImpossibleToCareForgotchi. I've just found mine and started it up yesterday, it's still a jellyfish.

My Ocean is in pretty bad condition. The chain is gone, the colors have faded to a darker tone, there's a smudge on the BACK of the screen, and the original buttons don't work properly (so I switched them with buttons from a P1). Also the sound is jumpy, sometimes playing nice and loud, while other times not playing at all.

Still works fine. :p

Anyway, so fat I've taken really good care, never letting the thing out of my site. I've scared the Polar Bear off enough times, but I can't stand the Octopuses...leaves me to having to clean the tank and play the treasure chest game til its happy again.

Some interesting notes:

1. The poop always seems to follow behind the character. This is a reference to goldfish, who's waste usually clings to them. Eww.

2. Some Japan-US Differences:

*In the Japanese edition, the egg is white, while the US egg is black with a white dot.

*On the Japanese version, the "death" screen is shown as a sunken tombstone with some black ghost-seaweed thing. In the American version, it shows a Submarine.

*The "Meal" food is different on both versions.

3. Tamagotchi Ocean is not only infamous for its early death syndrome, but also its short battery life. Some enthusiasts say that the Ocean is the reason Bandai quit making Tamagotchis back in '98.

4. The secret character is supposively impossible to obtain, although some have gotten her with the luck of the draw. The mermaid (secret character) is the most saught-after character since the Twin Angels in Tamagotchi Angel, and can be compared with Oyajitchi on the newer Tamagotchis (as many still don't know how to get him, it's really very simple)

5. An interesting feature on the Ocean is the light. The sun rises at 7 or 8 in the morning and sets at 7 in the evening, so at these periods of time you can leave the light option at "OFF" and still see your Tamagotchi fine. Since the child character goes to bed at 7, the screen will simply turn black and the "Z" will appear. However, some characters do not follow the same sleeping pattern, leaving your Tama in darkness.

6. The small "4" on the clock is different compared to those on other Tamagotchis. Also the clock moves faster than on any other Tamagotchi, as you get sent back to the main screen instantly rather than "dragging" the clock off-screen.

7. Tamagotchi Ocean is the only Tamagotchi to have a permanetly animated background (bubbles always float up unless the Tama is in a situation, such as eating, playing, etc.)

8. The Octopus Attack is one of the most despised features on the Oceangotchi. It just happened to me 4 times while typing this! What happens is while playing the game, an Octopus might pop out of a treasure chest and shoot ink at the screen, depleting the "Happy" hearts and filling all 4 "Quality" skulls, leaving the screen pitch-black. You have to flush the screen 4 times and play 4 games to bring it back to good health.

9. Like the Angelgotchi, the Oceangotchi has a "touch-screen" feature where you have to tap on the screen during a certain event. Sometimes a Polar Bear appears on the lefthand side of the screen while your Tamagotchi takes a nap. you then have to select the 5th icon and tap on the screen, which scares the Polar Bear away and wakes your Tama. If you fail, the Polar Bear attacks, which can injure or even KILL your Tama.

Sorry to bump the topic, but more Ocean info!

10. Some Ocean characters have the tendency to swim backwards when they need discipline. Otototchi and Kingyotchi are two examples. What happens is this: when your Tama calls for discipline, select the Medicine icon, and while the Tama is facing the right-hand side of the screen, press B. The Tama will start to float off-screen facing the wrong way! xD For more humor, add poop to make it look like evil poops trying to push your Tama off the screen.

11. There is a "Secret Screen" that shows up on your Ocean somewhere around 5 in the morning. So far, it appears to be exclusive to the Japanese version since I haven't tried to see the screen yet.

Anyway, I made colored sprites!

Sheet 1

Sheet 2

And by the way, if anybody has the US Tamagotchi Ocean instruction manual, I believe there's a picture of the full Polar Bear monster somewhere in it. If you can please get me a scan, I can make a full, proper sprite :furawatchi:

Ya i just hatched my Ocean Tama..... I really do wonder what it takes to get the secret character... also I wonder what the secret screen shot looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back