tamagotchi P? Worth it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually doubt that there will be an HK release; considering they'll have to translate the piercings as well :p
Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

I don't see how it wouldn't be possible since wouldn't the stuff be pre-programmed into it? Or are the piercings like USB flash drives that store everything on it?

Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

I don't see how it wouldn't be possible since wouldn't the stuff be pre-programmed into it? Or are the piercings like USB flash drives that store everything on it?
The piercings store data on their own, yep they're like USB drives in function.

The piercings store data on their own, yep they're like USB drives in function.
Ahhh okay. Well darn, wonder how that'll happen, then. Unless those just remain untranslated like the downloads with the IDLE.

I don't see the hype will the English iD L's. They were pretty poorly translated anyways. Of course I can't understand everything on the Tamagotchi P, but you don't need to. On my 4th generation already and loving it. Its a great investment seeing as they are going to keeping adding to it via deco piercings.

i think we just have a healtht dose of worry (people waiing for english p) because there is a chance that there will b a english version. And the real question of weather or not there will b tamagotchi p's in english (in asia) is how well they sold the IDLE..so if n e one knows...pls let us know... (lol i donno if we'll ever know but it worth asking) ;)

but no one even expected that english iDLs will be released when the Japanese ones came out. we just have to wait :)

Even if poorly translated I have a real hard time playing on my japanese Tama's. I just ordered a English ID L and I'm glad I waited. I watched the video review youtube from Ra and it looks awesome. The Tamagotchi P's does as well but I want to wait until the English version is released - however if I find the right deal on ebay....I may just snag a japanese one anyways :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In my personal opinion, the English ones aren't really worth the wait or the extra cost, because it's most likely that you'll have to pay even more for the English P's if it ever comes around. As with the iD LE's, middleman fees would have to be paid and prices would be jacked up on eBay. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really mind the Japanese. I can't understand anything on the P's, but after playing with the iD L (as Brittygotchi mentioned previously), it's not hard to navigate, and not being able to read the conversations doesn't bother me much either. It's more so the gameplay, features, characters, and adorable new animations that make this Tamagotchi so great.

Also, speaking from my own experience with the iD L, I think you should get the P's now while they're still available on the Japanese sites such as HLJ and CDJapan. I got back into Tamagotchis a bit too late, so the iD L's were all sold out on the Japanese sites by the time I realized that I wanted to try one out. By then, my only option was eBay, so I bought one for quite a bit more than what HLJ and CDJapan were offering them for. That's why I'm really glad that I was able to snatch a P's up on HLJ when the white one was relisted on low stock--I paid only $57 with shipping included. I've been thoroughly enjoying the P's and I've already purchased two more (again from one of the Japanese sites) so that I can fully appreciate the new connection features. I'm expecting my new piercings in the mail soon as well.

If you really love Tamas, I'd highly recommend just going for it and grabbing a P's at a discount price (HLJ offers them for 10% off) while you can, because once they're sold out on the Japanese sites, I'll bet that you'll sorely regret not getting one for the lower price while you could. This is a really fun new Tama, and I personally don't believe that the possibility of an English release should outweigh the amount of fun you could be having with it in the meantime. :)

(LOL, sorry for that novella, but I really want to encourage you guys to get the P's while you can! :p )

Hmm you make a good point! Hobby Link Japan is low stock and I have ordered from them before (LOVE THEM). I did just buy the english ID L that could help me navigate the japanese layout. Can they connect?

Hmm you make a good point! Hobby Link Japan is low stock and I have ordered from them before (LOVE THEM). I did just buy the english ID L that could help me navigate the japanese layout. Can they connect?
Yes, they can play together and mate. :D

I decided to cave and ordered a purple one :)

Huh as soon as I placed my order the order details say discontinued and the purple isn't listed as available anymore at all on the website ): wonder what that means.

I decided to cave and order a purple one :)

Huh as soon as I placed my order the order details say discontinued and the purple isn't listed as available anymore at all on the website ): wonder what that means.
I recall this happening to me right after I placed the order for my white one. There was this whole HLJ discontinued fiasco that occurred when the P's were first released, and while I wasn't a part of it, I think that it just means they listed more than they had on hand or something like that and had to "discontinue" them to prevent further orders that they couldn't fill. As long as your order went through, you should be fine. :)

I got the email confirmation so it must have! Cool! I emailed them too to let them know I'd take a green one if that was the case. Thanks again for the info!

I just bought a pink tamagotchi P's at ami ami site. It's cheaper than HLJ. They give 21% off. I spent $58 with EMS ship :)

So, it's been awhile since I've played with a tamgotchi, but was thinking about picking up a Tamagotchi P's Love and Melody set or the regular Tamagotchi P's in blue and picking up the deco pieces separately. Any thoughts on which would be cheaper?

To be honest, they seem to be about the same. The Love and Melody edition comes in a different box, though, so if you plan on collecting (and perhaps getting other normal colors in the future), I'd go for the Love and Melody set :)

Edit: because I wrote "able" instead of "about", hah.

Does the set come in different colors or is it one color Tama?

Ah okay. I guess I'll have to do it separate then.

Also, if you get more than one Ps, do you need to get more than one piercing? Probably a dumb question but hey, thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back