Tamagotchi Smart Piano Pad

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGuardian

Reaction score
Okay so I was browsing Amazon and came across various merchandise, includinggg.... *dun dun*

2iha074.jpg

This sweet device!

There's not much info on it. It's all Japanese-translated so it doesn't really make sense. And I do like to know what I'm getting before I get anything.

So has anyone got one yet? You probably have; I'm always outdated with new things. But I couldn't find any other info on TamaTalk. Although there probably is. My searching skills are limited.

Tell me about this interesting interest svp! :)

This is a toy replica of pianitchi's smapi it basically lets you play various instruments such as piano, saxophone etc the cards as you see slot into the toy to change the instrument and you can touch the pad and it will make noise there are also games on it not sure exactly what it's like as no one has bought one. I actually regret not buying one in Japan.

I have one but I'm too lazy to make a video XD

I put information on the Tamagotchi Wikia page a while back.

The Smapi was released as a toy in March 2013. The tablet works by inserting instrument cards from the top and using them to play the desired instrument by touching the clear, touch-sensitive film covering the card. It has three buttons; a confirmation button (the large button on the purple ribbon), a cancel button (on the white gem to the right of the ribbon), and an on/off switch at the side. The toy talks in Pianitchi's voice. It comes with three cards, each with a different selection on both sides. In total, the selection includes a piano, guitar, saxophone, drums, mini-game, or a session.

There are three modes which are chosen by touching the arrows in the top left corner of the card. The arrows are also used to choose songs. In performance mode, the user can choose a song and the desired tune will play no matter which buttons of the instrument are touched.

In contest mode, the user must choose a song and then play it at the correct tempo along with the background music. Like performance mode, it doesn't matter where on the instrument is touched.

In free mode, the user can freely play their own tune.

The mini-game that is played with the mini-game card is where the player must touch the named characters in the correct order.

The session card is for two people to both play a song on the Smapi. Both people can choose an instrument despite the fact that the card looks like a piano. For example, the person with the red half of the piano could play the guitar while the person with the blue side of the piano could play the drums.

There are 16 songs on the Smapi for performance mode and contest mode. Four of them are Tamagotchi songs; Kirakira☆Dream, Rock 'N' Heart!, Hop Step Dream, and Powerful Beat. The rest are classic songs such as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Happy Birthday.

Woow, guys, thanks for the info! Sounds pretty awesome :D I actually play piano, and as I say, I'm kind of a musical person, so this caught my eye. ;)

How responsive is the touchscreen? I remember getting a LPS digital planner thingy when I was like 9 and I had to really dig my nails into the screen to get it to work - it was kind of frustrating... Is this like that? Also, I've had "devices" before with pianos like this, and you could only play one key at a time. You couldn't harmonize or use chords or anything. This works likewise, I'm assuming?

I love the song idea, and the musical instruments. So far I'm pretty hyped to save for this thing. I never normally save for tama merchandise since no one usually ships to my country. Thank goodness for Amazon!

It's super sensitive! It responds when I barely have the tip of my finger touching it

And you can press as many keys at once as you want :)

It's super sensitive! It responds when I barely have the tip of my finger touching it

And you can press as many keys at once as you want :)
Lol, so they added the motion detector, get it motion?

Anyways, this excites me too, coz besides Tamagotchi, I love music, and this is 2 in 1, I am definitely getting this if I had money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back