Tamagotchi Surgery

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingFeathers

Reaction score
Well, I have OCD-- Let's just get that one out there! I loved the shell of my Stained Glass 4.5, but I loved the actual function of my Blue Wave v4. So after searching for a set of precision screw drivers, I was able to take them apart.

With the aid of a saudering gun (spelling???) I melted the wires connecting them to the sound board and flip-flopped them!

Now, I have a v4 with a Stained Glass shell, and a 4.5 with a blue wave shell! yay! unfortunately the batteries on both of my digital cameras were dead, so I didn't get shots of the actual procedure... : (

But, I will be adding some pics tomorrow when I can get some batteries, of the switched Tams. If you;d likemore information on how to do this, just PM me! : )

~Flying Feathers

Nice tip. I might use it. Or get my Dad to do it for me. I might just wreck the Tamas. All my hrad earned money gone into waste. (My parents are tightwads) ;) ;) :eek:

i do this alot.... switching one tama's guts out for another and changing cases and such. Just make sure you don't melt the case with the soldering gun.

i do this alot.... switching one tama's guts out for another and changing cases and such. Just make sure you don't melt the case with the soldering gun.
Hahaha, yeah I did that on one of them... : ) I looked up because some kid in his car was playing this obnoxious music really loud, and in the process I melted the side of my 4.5. xD

Oh well, it just gives me an excuse to buy anther Tamagotchi!

~FlyingFeathers

Wow, very nice! I did that with my v3 case and v4 insides, but as I didn't have a soldering gun I just snipped the sound wires. It still works perfectly, it just can't beep at me. :)

I highly recommend practicing taking apart and putting back together a Tama you don't care for as much before really doing it, though. @_@ I nearly stripped the screws on some parts of my v3--thankfully those parts weren't necessary, but still. Practice!

EDIT: I just remembered, I think I broke a little part of the circuit board of the v3, too. It's been a long time though, so I'm really not sure... Either way, practicing with a Tama you aren't planning on using is a good idea if anyone else out there is thinking of trying it. @_@

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back