Tamagotchi Wont Hatch

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddywatson

Reaction score
Hello

I have an original tamagotchi, I bought it 1997 when they first came out, I thought I would have some fun and bought 2 new batteries for it. When I placed the batteries in it made a long beep. Now theres an egg on the screen bouncing up and down, But nothings happened... Ive been reading online about seeting the date and time... But I have not been shown that screen. What should I do?

Just to review:

2 new batteries placed in

A beep happened

An egg has shown on screen

And thats it, Nothings has happened. its been 50mins so far. Should I continue to wait? or is something wrong?

Thank you

While you're on the egg screen, with no icons selected, press the middle button on your Tamagotchi device. That should bring up the time screen.

ah right. As its soo old the buttons ABC wont work just with my fingers im using a tiny screw driver to press the buttons lol. I set the time and then I got a bunch of loading arrows? then it showed me the egg again after I set the time... so now i just wait until it hatches?

cheers

Do not worry about the arrow animations in the clock. It's just there to look decorative. :)

Your tama should hatch in about 3-5 minutes after you set the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the Tama should hatch around 5 mins after this time.

Shame your buttons don't work... perhaps after a while of playing around they may start to work.

If you felt adventurous, you could open it up and try cleaning under the buttons... But you're at risk of damaging the Tama... So I'd wait for a while to see if they loosen up and start working again. Open the Tama at your own risk! :)

Wait, this happened to my P2 once! It would still let me look after it even though it wouldn't hatch. :eek: Try seeing if it will let you feed the egg and play games with it. It must be a rare glitch. However I fixed it by resetting it, but it doesn't work for you? :( Odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back