Tamagotchi's and Leap Year

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchiversion3

Reaction score
Do Tamagotchi toys calender recognize when there is a Leap Year, because if not and you started your Tamagotchi in February, the date after February would be incorrect.

wow! that is a good question!

this year is a leap year so let me test....

i have checked my tamagotchi, and it actually goes up to 29th.

maybe because the tamagotchi was released in a leap year it picks it up?? :mellow:

I hadnt tried it, so that is why I was asking.

What version did you try? If it works for that, perhaps the older (or newer) versions also include the extra day. Something for everyone to try. :wacko:

All Tamas include the extra day, and count it every year (since they don't distinguish between years).

Why? Because they have no idea whether it's a leap year or not. If it is, the date works perfectly. However, can you imagine the trouble tama users would go through if it was a leap year and their pet's calendar simply didn't include a February 29th? Either they would have to set the date back to the 28th for an additional day, or observe two March 1sts in the same fashion. Because the 29th is included, if it is NOT a leap year, all you have to do on the 1st of March is set the clock forward to the correct day. Much easier. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back