Tamagotchis on Airplanes

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfeofMoon

Reaction score
SO, on airoplanes, all battery operated device is suppposed to stay of till Airborne.

But what does one do with Tamas? one cant exactly turn them off...

Take the batteries out and put them back in then do download when the battery is back in when airborne. Hope I helped! ;)

I've never flown on a plane before but I think as long as the sound is off until you get into the air it would be okay.Or you could bring a screwdriver (the small kind) and take the batteries out then put them back in when the plane is airborne.

This is a long time ago so I might not guarantee this is all true. But I once brought my tamagotchi with me and I didn't do anything to it. And I think it was ok though. So, you could do what the upper posts said about it, just to be safe. ;)

I think you are getting a bit confused here.

It's not using battery operated devices that is discouraged during takeoff, it's electronic devices. The difference is electronic devices emit radio waves, which can interfere with the plane's frequencies and may misinform pilots with incorrect information when piloting their planes. Electronic devices are things you need to plug into a power outlet or other power source, such as Mobile Phones, Laptops, iPods, etc. As battery operated devices (like Tamagotchis) don't emit these radio waves, they are safe to use on the plane. :)

If you are still really concerned, just put your Tamagotchi away during takeoff and landing. I took my Tamagotchi's through several plane flights when I traveled to the US and back and everything was fine. If they do tell you turn off battery operated devices, it could be because SOME battery powered devices might emit radio waves which can cause interference, but it's most likely so you are not distracted when they are taking you through the saftey information/in case of an emergency.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the end, you shouldn't have any problems as long as you don't try to use the IR-communication function on your Tamagotchi(s).

I think you are ghetting confused! I have never tested it out but I think that it should be fine. Its not batterys that is the problem it is radio waves and things such as mobile phones and other items like that. I was reading a log on a website (here) and it said that "Within a hour of the flight to California, the little Mauritchi woke up" so according to that they should be fine. Do NOT take my word for it 100% as that log was written in 1998 and things on planes might have changed since then. I just hope that it all goes well and let us know if it is allowed!

Kindest regards

Jordboss

I would reccomend NOT taking a screwdriver, as the security will definately see this as a weapon and take it away from you... I know this issue has already been solved, but just wanted to say that. Have fun on your trip!

Violetchilluvr3

Yes! Good luck on your trip, where to are you going and let us all know how it goes with your Tamagotchi.

Ah thanks. I was confused, but that was because the airline we fly with regularily says:

"We nw permitt battery operated devices on our planes. Please keep theses switched off till airborne"

I was on a plane with my tamas last week. Some attendants gave me grief for my DS during takeoff/landing, but that really depends on who you get.

Take the batteries out and put them back in then do download when the battery is back in when airborne. Hope I helped! ;)
Yeah, but everytime you do so, it goes back to the last save point. (9:00 A.M., last connection time (well, I suppose you could use that to your advantage), etc.)

I see you probably got your answear.

But as long as you aren't using the IR/Comminucating with another tamagotchi you will be fine. Some people will probably tell you to put them away before take off, but not completely off. Tamas are fine on a plane. If you are worried someone will tell you to turn it off, you can keep it in a pocket or in a purse. If they become really picky... you can put it on the pause feature until take-off.

I don't do tamas anymore but when me and my cousin brought our tamagotchis on our way to mexico and we had a v4.5 and a v5 (this happed in 2009) and We kept them on pause tell takeoff. So you well be fine ;)

First, before you have your bags checked, take the battery out, put it, the tama (with the battery cover left off), and the screwdriver inside a small plastic sandwich bag. You will eventually be able to bring them on the flight, and you can just pop in the battery, click download, and screw the back on! I've never been on a flight, but that is what my friend does.

I hope I helped!!! :lol: :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A few years ago I brought my tama on a plane and no one said or did anything. It was on the whole ride.

This is a warning, your tamagotchi is not going to make the giant airplane malfunction.

Now if everybody on board was using tamagotchis, phones, laptops, ipads, etc that would make a malfunction.

But I woulnt worry about one its bitsy tamagotchi..

When inboard look around if lots of people are using phones or laptops, I would turn my tam off just to be safe!!!

Hope this helped. :furawatchi:

Actually, everyone is still misinformed. Electronic devices have never been proven to do anything to an airplanes gadgets. The rule to turn off all battery powered devices was put in place at the start of portable electronics coming into mainstream popularity. Because at the time it was never tested. It's never been shown that using electronics on planes screws with anything at all. Honestly, If planes were soooooo low tech that they crashed due to radio waves that would be awful cause think of all the radio waves in the surrounding area to begin with... Mostly they ask that you put your electronics away so that they have your full attention in case something happens and so that they can tell you about the safety functions of the plane. Honestly, pilots say the second greatest feeling is taking off, and the first greatest is landing safely on the ground for a reason. However, don't ignore them on a flight when they ask that you put your electronics away cause per FAA rules, they catch you and you can be kicked off the plane.

As for tamagotchi - your IR function shouldn't do anything either. It's infrared - Light; not radio. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared

Otherwise, tamas are pretty much just specialized watches. You don't see people taking their watches off on planes and turn them off or take the batteries out.

Sorry, I will get off my soap box now. It just makes me sad when people listen to urban legends that don't even make sense.... :<

Happy travels everyone!

^ That. I had my iD (Well, the battery died a few hours before...) and a V4 in my bag when I last went somewhere. I left them in my bag, with the batteries in, turned on, and it went through the bag check fine. And coming back I had the V4 still on and I had gotten a nano. And I played Pokemon with my brother, so I had wireless on my 3DS on. Nothing happened, our plane didn't crash. :3 Like purpurn said, it'd be pretty bad if planes couldn't handle radio waves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back