Tamagotchis...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I think they are for all genders. Loads of boys like tamagotchis! I recently went to a shop, and saw it in the "Boys" section. Rubbish! I think they should have been on the "all genders" section, Tamagotchi is for all genders. Its just some designs are boyish, some are girlie. But the actual tamagotchi is for all genders.

Tamagotchi is a unisex toy. There are certain designs leaned towards boys, certain designs leaned towards girls, and designs for both. The design is just there so it doesn't look too plain. It's just a decoration.

Tamagotchis are fun, and they teach you about how to care for a real pet. Personally, I don't see how it's "girly". :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tamagotchi's are for ALL genders. It's okay what people think it is, if they say it's for girls, that's fine. :blink:

I think tamas are perfectly for for everyone. They have designs for boys, so they're not directed just at girls. I say it doesn't matter what gender you are :blink:

Nope, not girly at all. It's for everyone.

When I bring my tamas to school to play after school, once electronics are allowed, I always get annoyed at my classmates that go "OMGSH. Why are you playing that babyish thing?"

I wouldn't say that a particular age gets to play it and what gender.

:huh:

Well, they would attract more girls than boys, but still, I know some friends and they are guys. They used to have tamagotchis. :(

I used to know a few guys who played tamagotchis, including my brothers. But it seems like today most of the shells are more revolved around girls than boys, so I would say that yes they're a bit more girly nowadays.

Technically, Tamagotchis are meant to be unisex, but I think that girls have a greater tendency to collect knick-knacky sort of things, like virtual pets. Also, it doesn't really help that the designs on more of the modern ones are what people would see as "girly." The vintage Tamagotchis had more neutral designs. I see nothing wrong with boys playing with them and if you're a boy out there who's playing with a Tamagotchi, I say more power to you! :ph34r:

Of course not!! Hey, Mametchi and Kuchipatchi ARE boys!

:) :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

It seems that Bandai has turned a ''blind'' eye towards their gaming audience. In most of their products, they frequently talk about ''girls'' having the product, whilst people of the male gender do play with the toy. It's odd why Bandai isn't changing what they post on the internet and on other commercial products.

It seems that recently Tamagotchi have been marketed towards girls. In the original Tamagotchi, it was definitely marketed towards both genders. The designs were simple and nice, and not girly in any way. But as the Tamagotchi brand has progressed, especially in the modern era (2004+), they have started to slowly market them more and more towards girls. In past commercials such as the V2 and V3, they have features boys. In more recent commercials, they only feature girls. Also, the Tamagotchi designs are becoming more and more glittery and girly. Finally, in the Tamagotchi Music Star's press release, the Music Star was clearly stated to be marketed towards girls.

Regardless, I still believe that despite what Bandai think, Tamagotchi can and should be enjoyed by both the male and female genders. I am a Male myself, and I love Tamagotchi. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back