TamaTalk closing down?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tech Admin

Howdy TamaTalkers!

Wanted to fill you all in on recent developments in TamaTalk's future... Our recent growth has been explosive to say the least. We are growing and I love seeing so many fans of the Tamagotchi gather and meet new friends. Recently, however, our partner in bringing TamaTalk online received a note from their hosting company saying that TamaTalk has grown TOO MUCH! So much in fact that we are affecting others peoples sites because of all the traffic and server use. They are asking us to move the site to a different server (and one that can handle the load) within the next two weeks. The cost of the server they are asking us to move to costs WAY too much for us to handle (over $200 US Dollars EACH MONTH!!! OUCH!). So we (the L2 folks and I) are moving things to a new hosting company so that the site can keep growing for a lot less money. So at some point we will have to close the site so that we can move everything over and test before re-opening. I am hoping for something like 2-3 days to complete this... Though once I start the move it might end up being a huge task that takes longer than expected. We are planning on starting the move sometime this next week (Monday?).

I am posting this so that everyone knows what is going on and so that there are no fears of TamaTalk closing down if you visit us and see an error or something.

Always one to look for the silver lining in a situation... I see this as a great thing. One, how can I be saddened by somebody saying your community is too large for us?! Personally.. I think that ROCKS! We have a lot of friends here on TamaTalk. It's the same as somebody walking up to you and saying "excuse me, but you and friends need to move from here because you have too many... And they don'tfit in this small room." Can you ever have too many friends? Two, this will hopefully improve the speed of the site. The new server seems to be really nice and fast.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! And thank you TamaTalkers! Together, we filled the room up and forced somebody to ask us to move onwards and upwards so that they can keep their small room!

Howdy TamaTalkers!Wanted to fill you all in on recent developments in TamaTalk's future... Our recent growth has been explosive to say the least. We are growing and I love seeing so many fans of the Tamagotchi gather and meet new friends. Recently, however, our partner in bringing TamaTalk online received a note from their hosting company saying that TamaTalk has grown TOO MUCH! So much in fact that we are affecting others peoples sites because of all the traffic and server use. They are asking us to move the site to a different server (and one that can handle the load) within the next two weeks. The cost of the server they are asking us to move to costs WAY too much for us to handle (over $200 US Dollars EACH MONTH!!! OUCH!). So we (the L2 folks and I) are moving things to a new hosting company so that the site can keep growing for a lot less money. So at some point we will have to close the site so that we can move everything over and test before re-opening. I am hoping for something like 2-3 days to complete this... Though once I start the move it might end up being a huge task that takes longer than expected. We are planning on starting the move sometime this next week (Monday?).

I am posting this so that everyone knows what is going on and so that there are no fears of TamaTalk closing down if you visit us and see an error or something.

Always one to look for the silver lining in a situation... I see this as a great thing. One, how can I be saddened by somebody saying your community is too large for us?! Personally.. I think that ROCKS! We have a lot of friends here on TamaTalk. It's the same as somebody walking up to you and saying "excuse me, but you and friends need to move from here because you have too many... And they don'tfit in this small room." Can you ever have too many friends? Two, this will hopefully improve the speed of the site. The new server seems to be really nice and fast.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! And thank you TamaTalkers! Together, we filled the room up and forced somebody to ask us to move onwards and upwards so that they can keep their small room! :furawatchi:
So does this mean Tamatalk may be a different site?

I guess that woulden;t be way to bad.........

too much ppl?? no way!! its great for a site to have heaps of ppl....i meanit more fun and u meet more friends, but if its gonna be another site though....hopefully that site will be as good /better than this one

oh and does this mean that tamatalk wont be on the internet anymore? only the other site?

Woops! Look slike I need to clarify... We will still be the same site... We just have to move. Once the move is complete everything will be the same... But until the move is complete, there might be small glitches or no site at all (for maybe a couple days at most).

Howdy TamaTalkers!Wanted to fill you all in on recent developments in TamaTalk's future... Our recent growth has been explosive to say the least. We are growing and I love seeing so many fans of the Tamagotchi gather and meet new friends. Recently, however, our partner in bringing TamaTalk online received a note from their hosting company saying that TamaTalk has grown TOO MUCH! So much in fact that we are affecting others peoples sites because of all the traffic and server use. They are asking us to move the site to a different server (and one that can handle the load) within the next two weeks. The cost of the server they are asking us to move to costs WAY too much for us to handle (over $200 US Dollars EACH MONTH!!! OUCH!). So we (the L2 folks and I) are moving things to a new hosting company so that the site can keep growing for a lot less money. So at some point we will have to close the site so that we can move everything over and test before re-opening. I am hoping for something like 2-3 days to complete this... Though once I start the move it might end up being a huge task that takes longer than expected. We are planning on starting the move sometime this next week (Monday?).

Hope everyone has a great weekend! And thank you TamaTalkers! Together, we filled the room up and forced somebody to ask us to move onwards and upwards so that they can keep their small room! :furawatchi:
Please do it in short sentences

Woops! Look slike I need to clarify... We will still be the same site... We just have to move. Once the move is complete everything will be the same... But until the move is complete, there might be small glitches or no site at all (for maybe a couple days at most).
Yay! We are moving! But that's too bad admin...$200 a month!? Are they crazy!? Glad we are moving....

So... will everyone still have their accounts when we move? Also, what will the URL be?

I HOPE IT GOES SMOTHLY! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT TAMATALK! I WOULD DONATE MONEY BUT I LIVE IN CANADA, AND I'M MOST LIKELY NOT ALOUD ANYWAYS! WAAAH! Anyways, I didn't read through all the posts. Pm me if I missed anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations! as much as i'd hate to see the site close for even a couple days, the amount of growth is awesome. i haven't been here for so long, but this is a wonderful forum. good luck on the move and i hope that everything will work out alright and it will take even shorter than expected. yay for tamatalk! <3

So... will everyone still have their accounts when we move? Also, what will the URL be?
Everything should stay the same... The same URL and all accounts should move over... The move is from one machine to another... Not quite like moving from one site to another... But close only in that we have some work to do. :eek:

Last edited:
Well I hope the move goes well...I'm devoted to TamaTalk! And yeah $200 a month is a bit of an ask!

Howdy TamaTalkers!Wanted to fill you all in on recent developments in TamaTalk's future...  Our recent growth has been explosive to say the least.  We are growing and I love seeing so many fans of the Tamagotchi gather and meet new friends.  Recently, however, our partner in bringing TamaTalk online received a note from their hosting company saying that TamaTalk has grown TOO MUCH!  So much in fact that we are affecting others peoples sites because of all the traffic and server use.  They are asking us to move the site to a different server (and one that can handle the load) within the next two weeks.  The cost of the server they are asking us to move to costs WAY too much for us to handle (over $200 US Dollars EACH MONTH!!!  OUCH!).  So we (the L2 folks and I) are moving things to a new hosting company so that the site can keep growing for a lot less money.  So at some point we will have to close the site so that we can move everything over and test before re-opening.  I am hoping for something like 2-3 days to complete this...  Though once I start the move it might end up being  a huge task that takes longer than expected.  We are planning on starting the move sometime this next week (Monday?). 

Always one to look for the silver lining in a situation...  I see this as a great thing.  One, how can I be saddened by somebody saying your community is too large for us?!  Personally..  I think that ROCKS!  We have a lot of friends here on TamaTalk.  It's the same as somebody walking up to you and saying "excuse me, but you and friends need to move from here because you have too many...  And they don'tfit in this small room."  Can you ever have too many friends?  Two, this will hopefully improve the speed of the site.  The new server seems to be really nice and fast. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  And thank you TamaTalkers!  Together, we filled the room up and forced somebody to ask us to move onwards and upwards so that they can keep their small room! :hitodetchi:
Oh my god. 200 bux a month. That would be more for one year than how much my dad has saved up for my college education plan! :lol: But still I'm happy we're moving to a new site. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, people... Make sure you understand.

TamaTalk is moving to a new "house". TamaTalk will still be www.tamatalk.com, and all the accounts and details/posts should stay. However, the site must close for a few days in order for that to happen. :D .

Yes, people... Make sure you understand.TamaTalk is moving to a new "house". TamaTalk will still be www.tamatalk.com, and all the accounts and details/posts should stay. However, the site must close for a few days in order for that to happen. :D .
For a few days?? :p

[SIZE=22pt] [/SIZE] I think we already moved, cause a few days back, the site was offline. But it feels the exact same, so yay B)

;) tamagirl777

so tt will still be the same right?? or will there be some new changes to the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back