Tamatalk?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love Tamatalk - sure there have been a few bad things that have happened to me, and i have been sworn at (but hey its nothing i haven't heard before - tho that does not make it right). I have learnt a lot about forums, the internet, chat rooms etc since i joined, the most important being that if you don't like something, just ignore it, and if it is really bad always talk to guides. They are always great to me - i have got to know lots of them well B) .

I agree with JC on this one. Sure, there are a lot of spammers, but that happens everywhere you go! What they want you to do is cave in. They want you to close the forum. It's all part of their plan. The guides are doing an excellent job with this issue. The forum does not have that many spammers, you know. Also, I bet there are more people who haven't been abused than the people that have. I am currently a member of a rabbit forum (Because I have rabbits, but that's not important). The Moderater has the ability to ban a user if they spam, swear, offend anyone badly, or just cause a lot of people to be upset. That member can never re-join the forum at all. Their computer is blocked. And they cannot ever join again, unless the Moderater lets them. I think we should establish something like that here. I see that you cannot ban members here, only move or erase their post. I seriously think TamaTalk should think about this. I am only trying to help here.

Sincerely,

Ally

I agree with JC on this one. Sure, there are a lot of spammers, but that happens everywhere you go! What they want you to do is cave in. They want you to close the forum. It's all part of their plan. The guides are doing an excellent job with this issue. The forum does not have that many spammers, you know. Also, I bet there are more people who haven't been abused than the people that have. I am currently a member of a rabbit forum (Because I have rabbits, but that's not important). The Moderater has the ability to ban a user if they spam, swear, offend anyone badly, or just cause a lot of people to be upset. That member can never re-join the forum at all. Their computer is blocked. And they cannot ever join again, unless the Moderater lets them. I think we should establish something like that here. I see that you cannot ban members here, only move or erase their post. I seriously think TamaTalk should think about this. I am only trying to help here.
Sincerely,

Ally
TamaTalk's Admin has not given the TamaTalk Guides the abilitie to ban members (IP or not IP)... However, the TamaTalk Guides can suspend a member and then contact Admin and ask him/her to do the banning :lol:

People do not know that it is inappropriate. Basically, this forum is full of kids.... It is not good for them to see it. However, adults don't care as much and just swear. It can just slip out :furawatchi:
It can't possibly slip out.HELLO!You write things here,not shout them out loud!They have time to think with what they are doing.They swear because they want to,not because it "slips out".

Well, IMO, it can slip out of your mouth. It's just what I think. <_<

Lets just move back on topic and not start a flame war... because this topic is very close to closure. :huh:

Well, IMO, it can slip out of your mouth. It's just what I think. :)
Lets just move back on topic and not start a flame war... because this topic is very close to closure. :)
^It can. It happened to me! I was at my friends, and I kicked my toe, and said a REALLY bad word! :eek:

I didn't even realise!

Well in the heat of the moment, i think sometimes you can say something that is not appropriate and which you may regret later, that is why it is better to wait a bit and sort out your thoughts before posting, otherwise you may say something a little bad :)

And back to topic, i personally haven't seen anything much offensive of late, i really think a month or so ago things were much much worse.

And i think the guides do an awesome job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back