Tamatown Cyber-Bullying?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The swearing and everything is really not nice! Especially when people attack guests..solely for being GUESTS!! Can you be anymore bias and rude? It really should calm down a little! I mean it's not real! People go there to have fun! Not to be randomly attacked by snobby people!

Who cares if they're kids or not? Just 'cause they're younger than 12, doesn't mean they aren't mature/trustworthy/to be taken seriously. I think there should be a Report button, and sending Easter eggs as gifts should be disabled. Only one problem: kapteeni kilppa sent me "DOLPIN GIRL" in Easter eggs as a way of saying "check your messages on TamaTalk" so I did. Also, it crossed my mind to send TS9523 "COME BACK TO TAMATALK PLZ" in Easter eggs when she went away for a while, but by the time I'd raised enough points, she was back! My point is, they can be useful but also used for bad things. We just have to trust that people won't use them to swear at others.

Uh...back to the subject of TamaTown Cyber Bullying, asking if I am mad has nothing to do with this topic. As an answer, I'm not mad, I'm just wondering how this once-nice person could suddenly think swearing at people is a good idea.....?

Anyway, even though over 90% of people say "vote for me" or "hi" in Easter eggs, it's better to be safe than sorry. They should either install a Report button or get rid of the Easter eggs.

Anyway, even though over 90% of people say "vote for me" or "hi" in Easter eggs, it's better to be safe than sorry. They should either install a Report button or get rid of the Easter eggs.
If Bandai DOES get rid of the eggs, than how will people of TamaTown do further communication?

The Report button idea would probably be a bad idea as well. Cause people can just report left and right for no reason.

Hm.. How does you know exactly who the angry face is directed at? I don't really see it as cyber bullying... I know with me, I always click on the angry face when I really mean to click on something else... it can be confusing sometimes. But I really understand when you want to trade some really awesome item (like an instrumet or something) and someone has the nerve to request a trade using their monthly gift when everyonegets those.

gawd. I sent an email to bandai about 3 things; the fact i was hacked, the fact that easter eggs can swear and the fact that tamatown isn't safe anymore.

ALL BANDAI TALKED ABOUT WAS MY STUPID HACKED CD!

I wanted to ask for explanation, but bandai probably wanted to avoid the whole topic of the eggs. I'm going to send them a direct email next time to get these easter eggs off every1's mind.

Sorry.

TS9523, BanDai are all ADULTS. They are probably thinking that the hacking is just child's play, since they have ways of knowing very well you're - well - whatever age is on your profile now, I guess it's 13.

Because they are adults, swearing isn't really a very serious subject to them, and neither is safety. All that matters to them is money. They only even care about hacking because it gives a bad reputation to their site and doesn't make people think that logged in good characters give good CD's.

Okay, I admit some people might not undertstnad that, so I'll just say: If someone buys a Tama, then looks at a growth chart, they'll see that the cuter and more attractive characters need better care. In the process of taking Perfect Care, they get addicted and want to start collecting Tamas - buying new ones which gives BanDai money.

Meanwhile, people are showing off all their Perfect Care characters on TamaTown. If younger kids see that these great characters (Lovelitchi, Dazzilitchi, Mametchi, Kuromametchi, Chantotchi, Dreamitchi etc.) have great ranked CD's and great rooms with lots of Easter eggs (doesn't matter what the Easter eggs are saying), then they might come up with some crazy theories about good characters bringing good rooms, contest results and CD's, earning BanDai even more money.

Do you see now why BanDai gave the response they gave? I hope I helped.

Well, I've worked on many sites for online games, and normally their (the staff's) top priority is to catch hackers. They really don't care for people swearing at others; that's the least of their problems. And especially for TamaTown, it's really easy to hack into, even a child could do it (which they have). So they're obviously still working on that issue.

Again, swearing is the least of their problems.

Uhh, it's not really that bad, I think that quite possibly you are taking this to personally. Considering there is no real abuse, just minor annoyances, and besides, you can just ignore the people.

I'm sorry, but the fact people think of this as cyber bullying is funny to me. >.< Also the fact that some people take the "angry faces" serious.
i know right! i agree. angry faces are just the simplest way to express your feelings. but if there is someone who is just downright MEAN (for me, its BE0720 and i dont know why) send them GRR or YOURE MEAN using eggs. no harm done as long as you dont use bad words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back