Tattoos

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubrey Hepburn

Reaction score
I know we have a piercings thread, but I'm curious about your opinions on tattoos as well. Do you think they're decent? Indecent? Beautiful? Do you think they look bad?

I have never actually thought seriously about getting a tattoo until the past couple years or so, but now I think I'm interested in getting one. What I would love to get first is a Giant Vinegaroon in a great pose(done by a very skilled realistic portrait-type artist) on my hip. I know a lot of people think they are a big ugly bug(look it up they are like nothing you have ever seen before!), but they are one of my favorite creatures to keep, and I'm very drawn to them. And...you can bet no one else has a Vinegaroon on their body. :rolleyes:

I would also consider having a full body portrait of my Quaker Parrot, Rima. She is so special to me and so beautiful, I would love to have an accurate color tattoo of her probably on my shoulder blade. Just like everyone pictures a pirate's little green parrot on their shoulder, I think it would be cute.

Another idea I have is a beautiful portrait of my blind goldfish, Chiffon, I have her story in my signature. She was very special to me as well, and people tend to hassle me when I tell them I would have her tattooed on my just like she looked in real life...having no eyes. They say it would be wierd and ugly. But, that is how I knew her for her entire life and I think she was beautiful the way she was!

Perhaps I'm open-minded to it because my Dad has tattoos, several guys I have dated have them, and so do some of my friends. My Mom wants one, too. But, I know people have strong opinions about them, so I would like to hear them!

I don't have anything against tattoos. They're pretty cool. I wanted a lower back on until I figured out that if I got one, I couldn't get an epidermyl (or however you spell it) if I get pregnant when I'm older. I want one, but I'm kinda' a wimp.

The only time I don't like tattoos is when those creepy motorcycle guys are tattooed all over. I think it's scary on those big motorcycle guys. But I like tattoos. That's what I'm trying to say.

And interesting ideas by the way.

I haaate needles, I'm scared of them.

BUT, I would love a small tattoo on my back, ankle, or somewhere cool. No offence, but I think big full body tattoo look bad, not to mention painful. Small ones look artsy and cute, but that's just my opinion.

I heard of people getting a famous signature on their body and getting a tattoo'd on, pretty cool.

I like them. I plan on getting one- even if it's just a small one- when I'm older. :]

There is always the arguement that if God wanted you to have "I love Mom" on your arm, he would have put it there himself! xD

I don't mind them unless they are all over which I think it plain discusting. >...< Smaller ones are nice.

I dont mind tattoos, though I'd never get one, I dont want to put some permanent on me that I will regret later in life.

Iv always wanted a tatoo since I was like 7 :lNothing big maybe a chinnese simble on my neck B)
Make sure it's the right charactor! This dude once got a Chinese curse word on his back because the people were stupid and screwed it up! xD

LMFAO
That's way to funny.

Maybe they did it on purpose. :]
I dunno. One more line- or one less line- can mean the world of difference! xDDD

Make sure it's the right charactor! This dude once got a Chinese curse word on his back because the people were stupid and screwed it up! xD
That IS funny!

I don’t really believe in tattoos but I don’t care if other people have them. I think big full body tattoos look bad too. Especially after people get old and wrinkly, and they actually have to try to smooth out each one to show you what they are! B)

I love tattoos, so long as they have some kind of meaning.

I currently have four tattoos.

My mom and sister both have two.

When it comes to Chinese symbols, unless you're Chinese, seriously. Why? :/

I'll never understand why people would get something that shows absolutely nothing about them tattooed on their body.

Here are my tattoos:

March '06

My mom, sister and I got matching tattoos in Hawaii.

June 3, '07

My mom and I both have this. Rampant Lion and Thistles to show our Scottish background

June 4, '07

My family clan Crest. Douglas. My cousin has this on his arm.

November 17, '07

Breast Cancer ribbon for my Grandma.

Well in my opinion, I don't really want a tattoo. Why? Well because I think that I'll later regret getting one later in life as you never know, sometimes you can just get one that dosen't please you later in life and I heard that tattoo removal is painful and is quite costly in some areas. B)

I think that if you want a tattoo, make sure it is something you are willing to show your grandchildren when you are all old and wrinkly. I have 3 tattoos myself. I have 5 if you count the ones that I got covered up because I was stupid and young and thought it was cool. I have a gorgeous butterfly on my right shoulder blade, it is covering a severe mistake I made when I was 12, and I have a celtic knot design on my left wrist which is covering up my ex's name from when I was 14, and I have 3 dots on my left hand between my index finger and thumb, which was also a mistake, but if I were to do anything to cover it up it would look tacky because it would have to be something bigger than what is already there. My Butterfly cost me either 250 or 450 dollars (me and the hubby got tattoos at the same time, but I can never remember whos cost what lol)

Tattoos can be a work of art if you do them tastefully, if you cover your entire body, it can look like one big blur of color or it can look nice, it all depends on the style of the tattoos, the detail, wether they are black and white or color, etc. I want to get 1 more tattoo, and I had the money to do it once, but decided not to, but I want to do it again, and that is a cute monkey with the name Joey under it for my son who we call Mr. Monkeyman because he climbs on everything lol.

Ive never heard the myth that you cannot get an epideral if you have a tattoo in the epideral site. I dont have a tattoo there, but thinking back on my epideral when my son was born I dont see why it would cause a problem....I am gonna ask my doctor on monday when I go in and get back to you guys on that lol.

I heard the one about you can't get an epidermyl (sp?) in my Health class. Yeah...be sure to get back on that. Because the only place I would really want a tattoo is my lower back.

But I agree when people say that make it something meaningful....not something you think you might even regret.

I think that if you get like one tatoo it'll be okay. But if you get too many it may be bad for your health...and plus it may look a little odd...but that's okay! :3

Chatterbox

I'll just say they're okay... I use false ones like gem ones... I might get my bellybutton pierced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back