Tattoos? :)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awh ouch, yeah...same here on the price thing. I'm trying to save money right now for upcoming bills but I like to daydream about the things I could do if I actually had money xD I wish they had like customizable temporary tattoos, I would totally go for that. xD

I'm older than most members here (duh...) and I've considered getting a tattoo several times over the past years, but...

1. Can't get my head around the fact that once it's there you can't get rid of it (not without troublesome surgery that could leave scarring)

2. Can't imagine / don't want to imagine what it might look like when I'm really old and wrinkly (even more wrinkly than now...) :p

3. Never liked anything or any word / visual/ graphic symbol enough or long enough to want it permanently inked onto my body - I mean, what if I change my mind about how cool something is and next year I really dislike it...?

I don't care about pain or needles and I guess infections are just unlucky or a question of making sure the tattoo parlour/artist is professional.

I'm older than most members here (duh...) and I've considered getting a tattoo several times over the past years, but...

1. Can't get my head around the fact that once it's there you can't get rid of it (not without troublesome surgery that could leave scarring)

2. Can't imagine / don't want to imagine what it might look like when I'm really old and wrinkly (even more wrinkly than now...) :p

3. Never liked anything or any word / visual/ graphic symbol enough or long enough to want it permanently inked onto my body - I mean, what if I change my mind about how cool something is and next year I really dislike it...?

I don't care about pain or needles and I guess infections are just unlucky or a question of making sure the tattoo parlour/artist is professional.
Those are great points! It can also be tough in certain career fields there is still discrimination against people with tattoos/piercings/colorful hair. At the same time though I would only want to get in tattoos on areas that generally aren't seen unless I'd be wearing a bathing suit (which I wouldn't be doing in professional settings anyway xD)

I think tattoos are fine, but only if you really, truly want the tattoo.

I know some people with tattoos who love them, and plenty who wish they had never gotten their tattoos in the first place. Personally, I wouldn't get a tattoo because I'm not too fond of huge commitments like that. Also, I'm majorly afraid of needles under my skin. Can't even stand getting shots anymore. (Ever since a scary incident in 6th grade when I got a tetanus shot after school and subsequently began involuntarily shaking, probably because I had really low blood sugar from not eating since lunchtime and when they injected the vaccine, my body started trying to metabolize it or something.)

I think tattoos are fine, but only if you really, truly want the tattoo.

I know some people with tattoos who love them, and plenty who wish they had never gotten their tattoos in the first place. Personally, I wouldn't get a tattoo because I'm not too fond of huge commitments like that. Also, I'm majorly afraid of needles under my skin. Can't even stand getting shots anymore. (Ever since a scary incident in 6th grade when I got a tetanus shot after school and subsequently began involuntarily shaking, probably because I had really low blood sugar from not eating since lunchtime and when they injected the vaccine, my body started trying to metabolize it or something.)
That's true...I feel like I would never want to get one just because it "looks pretty". Like it's fine for other people to get flowers or hearts or something (and maybe it does have a special significance to them...don't want to judge) but they don't carry any significance to me. I feel like the ones that I want to get have to do with how I want to live my life, and if I ever "regret" them then I've probably gone down the wrong path or a different one than intended anyway. // Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about that bad experience ):

I like to draw Homestuck, Kirby and random stuff on myself with pen but I would never want any of them on my body permanently and my parents would kill me! XD Sure, it's fun to draw on yourself but getting a tattoo is another thing.

I always draw in pen on my hands and stuff but never permanently. Last maths lesson we were doing boring and unbelievably easy GCSE questions and I drew a dolphin on my hand. The girl who sits next to me was doing random stuff with a purple pen (we're the best at maths in the class and both found it easy) and I asked if I could borrow the purple pen, then coloured in the dolphin purple. XD

My sister is covered in tattoos haha

I'm thinking about getting one on my back like some birds

I used to want a couple of small tattoos but now that I'm old enough I'm not interested anymore and can't afford it anyway :p

Heaps of people I have on Facebook are covering themselves in tattoos here there and everywhere and talking about new ones they're getting and it's just turned me off a bit I think, don't have anything against them but it's just a bit too much and I don't think there's any one image or quote that I like enough to be drawn on my body for life.

I've wanted tattoos for awhile. But the pain factor always puts me off because I just can't tolerate a whole lot of pain haha. That, and the age restriction, but even when I am old enough to get one, my parents said they don't mind.

Otherwise, a couple of ideas I have for tattoos is the deathly hallows symbol, the virgo symbol, or some small birds. I've wanted all three ideas for quite a few years now. Nothing too flashy or extravagant, just incase I have to cover them for work, or regret them in the future.

I don't really see why the viewpoint on tattoos is so negative though. If someone wants to use their body as a canvas, it's up to them. But to each their own I guess.

Im my opinion tattoos are over rated. I have 4, I got them when I was young and stupid and now I cover them up most of the time I am saving up to have the ones on my ancles removed. My boyfriend likes the ones I have but I dont any more, I want to get married someday and I feel the is nothing worse than seeing a bride covered in tattoos.

Lately I have also been very conscious of them as I've been working in a school and having tattoos on show is a sackable offence, Im constantly thinking "what if these tights are not thick enough and someone sees".

Lately I have also been very conscious of them as I've been working in a school and having tattoos on show is a sackable offence, Im constantly thinking "what if these tights are not thick enough and someone sees".
Exactly why I'm afraid to ever get one when I can.

My sister is covered in tattoos haha

I'm thinking about getting one on my back like some birds
I was originally going to get some birds on my shoulder but I ended up getting a bee instead and I'm so glad I did, I think that now I would regret birds but I still love my bee because it's much more meaningful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back